HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Best Christmas Movie of All Times! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37115)

Colleens_Husband 12-12-2008 09:06 AM

Best Christmas Movie of All Times!

Dear Friends:

Since December has some pretty dismal weather, many people like to light the fireplace, make some cocoa, get out the spray cheese and wheat thins and watch a Christmas movie. If you could only watch one Christmas movie, what would it be? You can write in your own, the poll only allows ten choices.

notamrnpsn 12-12-2008 09:09 AM

White Christmas with Bing Crosby and rosemary Clooney. I know I am dating myself with this one, Blessings , Jeanette

Believe51 12-12-2008 09:22 AM

Hehehe.....Rudolph for sure, got him all over the house!! Just a big kid at heart!>>Believe51

Gerri 12-12-2008 09:41 PM

It's A Wonderful Life is my all time favorite - the black and white version of course. Another old favorite is the original Miracle on 34th Street. My kids grew up watching them every year. I have now added Elf to my list. It is just plain silly and makes me laugh.

karen z 12-12-2008 09:49 PM

I watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year and it still gets to me. And my 13 year old daughter loves it as much as I do.
k

juanita 12-12-2008 10:24 PM

home alone

Colleens_Husband 12-13-2008 03:27 PM

You know, if there were two more spots on the poll, I would have listed Home Alone and White Christmas.

ElaineM 12-13-2008 09:10 PM

Best Christmas Movie of All Times !!

You are asking me a hard question, There are so many great ones. I have been enjoying watching a different Christmas movie every day. The Hallmark channel has some very good ones this year.
Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)

Marlys 12-14-2008 11:27 AM

"You will shoot your eye out!" Although I really love some of the others this is by far my favorite. I don't remember seeing it until more recently but have it on DVD and love to watch it. Maybe because it is from my childhood times.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

chrisy 12-14-2008 12:18 PM

I agree, there are SO many great ones! I alternate between 34th street and Wonderful Life as my absolute favorite. This year my favorite is Miracle on 34th street. But I love "A Christmas story", with the "major award" and the chinese turkey...

Another oldie that I'd never seen until a few years ago is Christmas in Connecticut which is also great...

Becky 12-14-2008 06:21 PM

I also like the Bishop's Wife. The original with Cary Grant and Loretta Young. Although not Christmas themed, it takes place at Christmas time. But I voted for It's a Wonderful Life (as a feel good) and A Christmas Story because its such a hoot - Ralphie is just too good!