HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Stable (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58494)

dawny 07-04-2013 12:23 AM

Stable

Hi all, I had my first scans after starting trial of TDM-1. Stable is the result. I know I am being crazy (because stable is good) but I feel a bit disappointed I didn't have regression. :( . I know, I know it could have been much worse, and stable is good, hopefully after a few more cycles, I will scan again and see regression. I am sorry to complain, because what I have at the moment is just mets to lymph nodes to the chest wall, and a lot of other people are facing much harder times.

Dawn. Xx

Bunty 07-04-2013 12:38 AM

Re: Stable

Dawny, stable is very good, and it means it's keeping 'things' under control. I do know what you mean about the slight disappointment about not seeing regression, but remember you've only been on tdm-1 since April. Here's wishing you regression or stability!
Cheers Marie

KsGal 07-04-2013 02:35 AM

Well, I feel like stable is the first step of regression. It just needs a bit more time to start shrinking! Still, Im sorry you were disappointed and feeling a bit down. I know how you feel. Every scan my liver lesion would remain stable...it was so stubborn. But one day I went for a scan and it was completely gone..out of the blue. Big hugs to you...sending prayers and positive thoughts.

dawny 07-04-2013 04:39 AM

Thanks girls!

karen z 07-04-2013 08:03 AM

I know that I might feel similarly but stable is very good and you must focus on that. Think of some alternatives. Stable is just fine for now.

NEDenise 07-04-2013 09:38 AM

Dawny, my dear friend,
Stable rocks!
And, don't forget... stable can jump to NED in a flash!

Relax and enjoy the good news. And, keep looking forward to the scan that will show "agonal signs of tumor death"! :) That will be great news!

Denise

tricia keegan 07-04-2013 05:44 PM

Dawny, mant don't get stable but get worse, feel glad and celebrate as this is good!!:)

Jackie07 07-08-2013 12:24 AM

Dawny,

Never apologize for good news!

Stable is good. It's a step toward the right direction. Looking forward to hearing from you more stable and/or even better news!

Pamelamary 07-08-2013 01:44 AM

Dawn, I think stable is an excellent result.... Now just relax, breathe deeply and let's hope for even better news next time round.
Best wishes.... Pam

KDR 07-08-2013 04:47 AM

I found that T-DM1 worked differently than all other chemos. Slower, but steadier. Longer. Hang in there, I think this is good news
Karen

Cat 07-08-2013 05:03 AM

Dawny,
I know exactly how you are feeling. The same thing happened to me. My met to my liver was stable too and I guess we all want it out of there yesterday right? Mine got overshadowed and put on the back burner though because my brain scan showed something that no one is saying looks like mets but obviously won't commit. Waiting on the the results of second higher resolution MRI to view it better.
I'll hang in there waiting for regression if you will. It does seem the Kadcyla/TDM1 has a slower start than some so we'll have to keep thinking positive. By the way, it's also that I'm hopeful it works because it is easier to tolerate than most and would be nice to be able to benefit from.
Sending positive vibes your way.
Cathy

Redwolf8812 07-08-2013 08:38 AM

I agree with Cathy & Karen. I read somewhere that sometimes it takes a while to see good results with TDM1. But I understand your frustration. Keep the faith. And if you can't, we'll keep it for you.

- Penny

Mandamoo 07-10-2013 07:54 PM

We always want better than a stable result but stable is good - lets hope for a long steady response to TDM1. xx

'lizbeth 07-11-2013 03:56 PM

Dawny,

Argh! Stable. I'm with you, instant results!!!!

I do recall a prior conversation that mirrored this one. TDM1 seemed to take a little longer.

We will all be hoping your next scan will have awesome results!