HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bad news for Madubois63 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23913)

madubois63 05-24-2006 07:10 AM

Bad news for Madubois63

I've been dealing with low counts lately and picking up every infection that seems to breeze on by. I had the seven and a half hour nose bleed that started me down the road to transfusion queen. My onc ordered a bone marrow biopsy and we did that on Monday. I got a phone call yesterday morning from my onc. They asked me to come to the Smithtown Office. I NEVER go there and in six years I have NEVER gotten a call to come in to see the onc. I tried to convince myself they just wanted to check the biopsy site as I grabbed my Ativan bottle. They put me right in a room and I knew things were about to get bad. I have AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) which is most likely chemo induced (too much chemo). CRAP. Did any of you know too much chemo can cause leukemia??? I did, but certainly did not think this would happen to me. I know someone else on the boards has dealt with this, but can't remember who. If anyone can direct me, I'd appreciate it. My head is spinning right now. I am waiting for an appointment with a new doctor specializing in leukemia and for the final reports (genetic testing). More than likely I will get chemo given over a weeks time (yup - hospital again) and spend up to a month recouping in the hospital. I will have no bone marrow or immune system and infection will become the enemy. I had the worst day - telling my daughter, son, mom, sister and a few friends. I almost wasn't going to post, but I REALLY need all the prayers I can get right now...I love you guys.

..·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

saleboat 05-24-2006 07:22 AM

I am just so sorry to hear your news. I don't have any words of wisdom, but did want to let you know that I read your message, and my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how trying this is, and wish there were more I could do to help.

Jen

Tracy 05-24-2006 07:49 AM

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracy

kimber 05-24-2006 08:01 AM

We live on faith. However, I have to ask, how much does one woman have to take for God's sake. I will pray for you. I really will. God bless you. - kim

Ann 05-24-2006 08:24 AM

Maryann,
I do not have any advice but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear of your new battle with leukemia.

jjfromcanada 05-24-2006 08:28 AM

I was so saddened to read your note. I too knew this could be a result of chemo, but have no persoanl experience with it.

Thinking of you.

janet/FL 05-24-2006 08:29 AM

MaryAnn,
I am so sorry to read your news. You are in my prayers.
I am not sure but I think the information you want is on Lola.
I can't find out how to post the link, but if you search for-- Lola, bone morrow--there is one by Steph that tells it all. It was posted 1-11-06
Hugs,
Janet

AlaskaAngel 05-24-2006 08:47 AM

Dear Maryann,

I wish Steph were here to help with this but she is traveling. She would know what therapies Lola and her husband considered, and what some of the plusses and minuses might be about them -- and might know of some good places online for support and good information about it. Please remember that you are not Lola and each person has different circumstances that help or hinder their progress. Please could you have someone stay in touch with us so you and we can talk while you are on this path and likely under restrictions to protect you from infections? You are awfully precious, you know.

As ever,

AlaskaAngel

lexigirl 05-24-2006 08:48 AM

Oh Maryanne, you are in my prayers. I don't understand why these things happen... Please be strong and keep us posted on your upcoming tx. I am glad that you posted this news.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

sarah 05-24-2006 09:05 AM

you're a brave, strong person so stay strong. hope you hear some really good news soon. keep fighting.
sarah

Tessa 05-24-2006 09:06 AM

I have always admired your spunky and indomitable and humorous posts. Although I can offer no wisdom, just admiration and heaps of good wishes, i know there has been discussion about leukemia on this board, and you will soon,m no doubt, get the best possible advice.

Keep us informed and I am sure you will conquer this too,

Tessa

cherylynnie 05-24-2006 09:26 AM

Maryann,
I am so sorry to hear about the leukemia. Continue the fight. I will pray for you!

Olivia 05-24-2006 09:39 AM

Happened to my friend - she is doing great!!!!!

Maryann,

This happened to my friend. She completed treatment a year ago and is doing GREAT!! I would love to put you in touch with her. She is 4 year BC survivor and 1 year Leukemia. Email me at rbukosky@comcast.net.

R.B. 05-24-2006 09:43 AM

Your plight reinforces my saddness and frustration that more resources are not put into prevention as well as cure.

I truly hope things improve for you.

It puts the minor irritations that consituted my bad morning very much into perpective.

It must have all been so hard for you.

RB

Audrey 05-24-2006 09:59 AM

MaryAnn, I am so sorry to hear this news--I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. It's been hard to come to this website lately without shedding a few tears! I can just imagine you telling your children and mom about this latest development. Remember what they say--have a day to just cry and then the next morning get up and fight, fight, fight. You know you have the support and prayers of all of us here--get in touch with Olivia's friend who is doing well--sometimes all you need is to know of one other person who's been through it all and came out fine. Sending cyberhugs and my best wishes...

anne 05-24-2006 10:03 AM

Courage Maryann

I am sorry to hear about this Maryann. But you will get through it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Anne

Monique M 05-24-2006 10:24 AM

Maryanne:

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine. I am praying for you and your doctors. Let us know how else we can help.

Monique

Sherryg683 05-24-2006 10:39 AM

Damn MaryAnn, you have been my inspiration here, you have gone through so much. I was wondering how you were doing having to stay on chemo for so long. I will pray for you that they get this under control...please keep us updated..sherryg683

RhondaH 05-24-2006 10:39 AM

You got it...

my prayers that is. I am attaching a posting of all of Lola's leukemia posts and hope they will help you. Take care and I will keep you in my prayers.

Rhonda

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sea...searchid=19519

tousled1 05-24-2006 10:46 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that you have leukemia. My son had AML so I know first hand what you will go through. Just remember to be strong and fight! Perhaps you will be able to have a bone marrow transplant. You are in my thoughts and prayers.