HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Spa to Rejuvenate (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29548)

StillHere 09-06-2007 04:12 PM

No news from Miraval yet

Mr. Sim has not emailed me. Roadrunner was down for a period yesterday, but seems fine today and I have not received an email w/ rates yet. I will leave a voice mail on his phone tonight and will try to call him from work tomorrow if it does not get too crazy there.

I think we should rule out the cruise due to a few this would exclude.

I never thought it would take this long just to get rates for the SPA's. I'll keep at it on my end. Donna and Brenda please keep trying your contacts also. Thanks Everyone!

Donna 09-06-2007 04:42 PM

don't give up on this!

Hi Amazing Group,

I just emailed every spa in Las Vegas - let's see if any of them come up with something for us!

I'll start hitting spas in California this weekend.

Love to you all,

Donna

Donna 09-06-2007 11:04 PM

we need more information

Hi Amazing Group,

I received replies from 3 spas already - but what they are asking for are what dates we want and how many are we. They are all saying they will give us discounts on spa rates and rooms. We need to take a head count with a calendar so we can have more clout in negotiating rates.

Can you email me with when you CAN'T GO in Jan-Mar of 2008 - probably easier to list when you cannot attend, then we can pick the optimum time.

Thanks!

Donna
email is milliron@innercite.com

madubois63 09-07-2007 03:19 AM

I'd love to join in, but finances are just not available. If it were East coast, I could drive...

Just a suggestion for those in desperate need of a massage: Many schools offer free or very low cost massages and services to cancer patients. I have a spa that closes it's doors once a month and only opens up for cancer patients. Last month I got a hair cut (yup!) and a facial. This month I am sheduled for a massage and pedicure. The 2 sister's that own the place lost thier mom to lung cancer. Before my friend Maryann died this past spring, they even went to her house to massage and groom her. I found the place by word of mouth, but some places put flyers out at cancer centers or run adds in those little holistic newspapers. I found art, yoga, ti chi, reiki and other classes all free to cancer patients. Oh, I also found a local group that paid to have my house cleaned 10 times during treatments. You can contact CancerCare or The American Cancer Society too. They may be able to help find things, but I mostly read the little local papers and search on line.

StillHere 09-07-2007 05:25 AM

What dates would you be available

OK Gals,
Who could make it Jan 2,3,4
Who could make it Jan 16, 17, 18
Who could make it Jan 23,24, 25

Who could make it on any of these dates?
Let's hear from you so we can get some firm dates and numbers. WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS! :) !
Can't Wait. Feel like a little kid going to Disneyland

sherri 09-07-2007 07:46 AM

I'm OK with all these 3 dates. And I'll be there. Can I come with my sister?

Donna 09-07-2007 09:52 AM

The more attending the bigger the discount!

Hi Sherri,

Bring your whole family!

Donna

StillHere 09-07-2007 06:40 PM

Where ever we go, I'm leaving hubby home for this outing. See separate thread named Miravel rates and info for details on this resort. I can make it on any of the listed dates.

Donna 09-07-2007 10:27 PM

Las Vegas

Hi Karen and all,

this is the package at the Orleans ( a hotel we stay at frequently) without negotiating price breaks for the group - and we could see shows at night.

Off Peak Season (January, June, July, August, September):
$275 Single
$430 Double

Each Package Includes:
3 Days/2 Nights accommodations, including taxes
50 Minute Traditional Massage at Spa Orleans
25 Minute Custom Facial at Spa Orleans
Complimentary use of Fitness Center, Jacuzzi, Steamroom
$250 Value Added Fun Book (50% Off show discounts, drinks, food and more)

Still working on it - Donna

sherri 09-08-2007 08:47 AM

Maryann (Madubois) must be with us

I think we must setup a fund for Maryann as well, we can't go there without her.

hutchibk 09-08-2007 10:13 AM

I am open Jan 10-16 (and possibly until Jan 21). But as of Jan 16th or 21st, I will be heading to Phoenix anyway to work on a project for 2 weeks... hmmmmm. I will check and see what my actual start date is, I may be able to make something work out if it is Jan 16, 17, 18 timeframe... since I will already be heading to the neighborhood.

StillHere 09-09-2007 08:09 AM

Sherri, could you set up the fund for MaryAnn. I don't seem to elicit a very possitive response in the philanthropy dept. Thank you. Karen