HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Rainbow of Hope FINALLY!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46335)

Sheila 08-10-2010 11:32 AM

A Rainbow of Hope FINALLY!!!!

Just a quick update on my new reports...it has been since Mid May since the Avastin was stopped, and the pericardial window surgery. I have been on the Metronomic chemo since end of May..Cytoxan daily and Methotroxate 2x a day on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Just had scans and tumor markers done (CEA)
In May my CEA was 16 (normal is <3)
My CT's showed the mediastinal, hilar, axillary and nodes in my neck all enlarging, and wrapped around my pulmonary artery causing severe occlusion. Also, left lower lung lobe collapse and atelectysis in both lungs.

Today, all nodes have shrunk (shrinkage IS good!!!)
The pulmonary artery is barely occluded...some nodes are GONE, both lungs clear, and my CEA is 3.4, just a smidge over normal.....

I am feeling amazing....even got rid of the gray hair! Have been walking a mile a day with no problem, and spending as much time with my Mom as I can as she is now in Hospice at home.

There is always hope.....I will never see NED, and always need treatment, but hey, I am on cloud 9 right now...and i'll take this news and hold it for as long as I can!

vlcarr 08-10-2010 11:37 AM

Re: A Rainbow of Hope FINALLY!!!!

Dearest Shelia,

That is such WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you.

michka 08-10-2010 12:32 PM

Sheila, if one person deserves good news it's you! I have a big smile on my face. I am so happy. Hugs. Michka

caya 08-10-2010 12:43 PM

Great News Sheila - I am thrilled for you!!!

Thanks for sharing, we love good news like this!!

all the best
caya

Yorkiegirl 08-10-2010 01:33 PM

Sheila this is such WONDERFUL news for you. Doing a dance around the room for you.

verainlove 08-10-2010 01:51 PM

Thank you for such fantastic news. It gives hope all of us. You are an inspiration.
Wish more blessings to you and many happy years.

Peace and Love

Galina

AlaskaAngel 08-10-2010 01:55 PM

Sheila!!! I'm holding my breath and so very very glad to hear it.

My onc wasn't using metronomic therapy when I was dx'd but the Wellness Center onc was, back in 2002. I went with conventional therapy. Four years later at a presentation by my conventional onc, he mentioned that he was very much interested in metronomic tx. A major change for him.

It is so good to hear that things are going so much better with you!

A.A.

schoolteacher 08-10-2010 03:28 PM

Oh, Shelia. I am so glad to hear your good news.

Amelia

Pam P 08-10-2010 03:43 PM

Sheila --- This is great news I'm so HAPPY for you!!!! This is a break you've deserved for a long time --- may this status last for a long long time on this tx. Interesting I just saw my onc. yesterday & asked about metromonic tx for myself. he said he wasn't impressed with it that he hadn't experienced that it ever "panned out". I'll be sure to share your news when I see him again 8/19 to discuss my next tx.

SO glad you are feeling well and have such good shrinkage! Sorry that life is still so hard with your mom in hospice now. You are always in my thoughts., Pam

tricia keegan 08-10-2010 03:55 PM

I'm so happy for you Sheila, and hope you do see NED one day, but for now we'll take whatever good news we can get!!! :)

chicagoetc 08-10-2010 03:57 PM

Sheila,

This is amazing. The walking is wonderful. You look great too!

Melanie

krisvell 08-10-2010 04:42 PM

Sheila; I am so happy for you and glad that you are enjoying every minute of your new found good health and hope that it lasts forever. Your new hair style/color looks nice.
Kris....

StephN 08-10-2010 04:46 PM

YES! Doing the fist pump in the air for you!

Tumor load - in reverse.

Fast forward to T-DM1 and NED. With this kind of result they won't want you for T-DM1 ...

Thank the good Lord above that you found some "old" drugs given a "new" way that are working the "right" way.

Your spirits are UP, and this will help you through this time with your mother.

Mary Anne in TX 08-10-2010 05:07 PM

Awesome News!!!
Congratulations!
ma

Carolyns 08-10-2010 06:05 PM

Yay Sheila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing!

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

ammebarb 08-10-2010 06:28 PM

Sheila, that is such great news! I'm so glad these drugs are working for you. I took both of them almost twenty seven years for my bc (no HER2 testing then), along with vincristine and 5FU. It's neat that something that's been around so long is still doing some good!

You look terrific. Love the hair!

Barb A.

PinkGirl 08-10-2010 06:36 PM

SheilaGirl!!! I was doing the happy dance for you over on
Facebook ... now I'll have to dance here too .... that is fabulous
darling ... simply fabulous.

Midwest Alice 08-10-2010 06:46 PM

Oh Shelia what wonderful news!

Laurel 08-10-2010 07:39 PM

Oh, Sheila, I am so glad I signed on tonight to share your wonderful news! Wow, there really is something to the metronomic chemo Rich so often writes about. The hair looks great and you sound so ebullient! I am so happy for you!

ElaineM 08-10-2010 07:55 PM

This is absolutely fabulous news Sheila !!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!! I think a little celebration is in order. Hugs to you and hugs to your Mom. Enjoy your time together.