HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Penny Has Her Wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63304)

KDR 06-10-2015 05:19 AM

Penny Has Her Wings

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness that I post Penny has made her transition. We had been PMing until a few days ago about possible alternatives and getting her liver functions healthy. She desperately wanted to live but, being a devout woman, accepted God's plan without question.

The sun shines a little brighter today...
With love,
Karen

Our sister, Penny Redwolf, passed from this life, to her new life with her Lord and Saviour, this evening, June 9, 2015. A friend said, "Thank you for opening your heart and sharing your journey. How brave and selfless when you were scared and in need." She shared her journey with us, but was there for us when we were scared and in need. She lived her faith and through this entire journey, never wavered in her belief that God was in control, and would hold her in His hand. May her beloved family, multitude of friends & we, her sisters, find peace in knowing she is whole again. I think of her in the company of our sister angels..and smile...after a few tears.

jra40 06-10-2015 05:45 AM

Re: Penny Has Her Wings

So sadden to hear this news, although I am not on here much, Penny always amazed me with her faith and determination.

May God help us to find a cure for this dreadful disease, too many beautiful lives are being cut short, just not fair.

God bless you Penny!

Hopeful 06-10-2015 06:22 AM

Penny's family and friends are in my thoughts. Thanks for letting us know.

Hopeful

Coux92 06-10-2015 07:40 AM

Something made me log on today after being away for a bit... So sorry to hear this news. She is with the Lord and at peace. prayers for her family.

thinkpositive 06-10-2015 09:17 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Penny had such strong faith in God. I'm sure this faith was a great source of comfort for her. I trust that God has a plan and a special place for our Penny. She will be missed.

supportwife 06-10-2015 09:31 AM

So sorry to hear that. She was so supportive all the time. Rest in peace penny

Lucy 06-10-2015 10:23 AM

I hate to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.

Ceesun 06-10-2015 12:13 PM

Thank you Penny for demonstrating your faith to all of us. Cathy

tricia keegan 06-10-2015 12:18 PM

Another Angel, so sad to lose Penny but glad she's at peace now, thank you Karen for keeping us posted, may she RIP. xx

healing 06-10-2015 12:24 PM

May God hold her in the palm of His hand.

lkc Gumby 06-10-2015 01:04 PM

may sweet jesus have mercy on her soul......

BonnieR 06-10-2015 01:13 PM

Sharing in our collective sadness.
Keep the faith

waterdreamer 06-10-2015 01:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news. Wishing Penny's family strength and love, during this difficult time.
Karen, Thank you for letting us know.

europa 06-10-2015 02:07 PM

My feelings are mixed with this news. On one side I'm so sad thinking how devastated her family must be. How her daughter might be feeling the first moments of deep intense paralyzing mourning. It's so heartbreaking. And then I feel Penny's energy in the air today and imagine she is zipping through the clouds reuniting with Chrissy, Denise, Brenda, Amanda, Sheila, Jessica and all our other sisters that have earned their wings. And that makes me feel peaceful.

Mtngrl 06-10-2015 02:40 PM

When I visited with her on April 1 Penny told me her cancer never responded to the targeted treatments. She said it was as if it was triple negative. I think that was true for Amanda as well.

I am sad for Penny's family. As the great old blues song goes, "Motherless children have a hard time." I know her husband will do his best, and I know her other family and church community will be there for them.

Still, it's so sad.

But at least she's cancer-free now. . . . .

linzer 06-10-2015 06:52 PM

I too am so sad to hear this. I logged on today hoping that by some miracle she was going to find a treatment that would work, even if only for a while. Rest in peace, dear Penny. Condolences to her family. Linda

Pamelamary 06-10-2015 10:56 PM

Very sad news - I will always remember the strength of her convictions. Condolences to Penny's family and friends..... Pam

Laurel 06-11-2015 05:55 AM

Just finished praying for Penny & others and felt the strong urge to pop on the sight to check on her. This is sad news indeed. She shall be missed.

sarah 06-12-2015 04:39 AM

Thank you Karen for posting this very sad news.
I am so sad. My sympathies go out to the family and friends.
I hate this disease so much.
hugs and love Sarah

Pray 06-12-2015 11:08 AM

Gods blessings to Penny's family and friends, they are all in my prayers. May perpetual light shine upon her. What a gift faith is. She is missed. His Peace.