HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I am done! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24532)

juanita 07-12-2006 01:30 PM

I am done!

My one year of herceptin is- was over in June. My onc had left open the option of continuing it, but decided that one year was enough at this time. He told me i was very lucky that the study was finished when it did so that I could start it. I go for my mammo in August and will have my fingers crossed till then. My husband has to work tonight so no celebrating for now. I've been trying to lose weight but as a treat for almost two years of treatments I stopped at a local summer only ice cream stand and got ice cream. It's strange to be done. I almost feel like crying. Good luck to all of you who are still receiving herceptin!

Tom 07-12-2006 01:57 PM

???

Dear Juanita,

Congratulations on finishing your treatment, but you left out a critcl detail in your post.

What flavor was it ?

Jean 07-12-2006 02:28 PM

Tom, Just love your humor!

Jaunita,
So very happy for you! Enjoy "Everything" !

Warmly,
Jean

juanita 07-12-2006 02:58 PM

It was cookie dough fudge! Lots of chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough with fudge syrup mixed into the soft serve ice cream. Soooooooo good!

Susan Rankin 07-12-2006 04:40 PM

Juanita

Congratulations on fisnishing your Herceptin. I also finished on June 20. I really think I ams starting to feel better. I think my energy level is better. My nose does not run as much. Anyway, time will tell and I will keep everyone posted.

Best wishes to you.

Susan

panicked911 07-12-2006 06:37 PM

I am done

Congrats !1
I have 5 treatments left and it willbe truely a vwry hapy thanksgiving this year. Out of curioisty - you said you started to feel better - had this dosc withthe onc today abouthow truley lousy i feel - tired achy etc. Could you keep us all updated on how you are feeling post hercweptain? I am told it takes three months to leave you system whether you are a weekly or a once every three weeks.

thanks,
Susanne

LOPSIDED 07-12-2006 07:04 PM

I'M ALSO TAKING WEEKLY HERCEPTIN. I'M ONLY 2 MONTHS INTO A YEAR TREATMENT, ITS WONDERFUL TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE THATS FINISHED. YOU GIVE ME HOPE. YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS AT TREATMENT I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I WAS FEELING EMOTIONAL AND I COULD FEEL TEARS WELLING UP IN MY EYES. I WAS SITTING THERE THINKING ''OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO START CRYING". NO ONE NOTICED AND I PULLED MYSELF TOGETHER. NOTHING HAD HAPPENED TO UPSET ME---I GUESS I WAS JUST HORMONAL. 10 MONTHS TO GO. I LOOK FORWARD TO FEELING BETTER. TAKE CARE, SHEILA

bobbiw 07-13-2006 01:02 AM

Congrats on being done Juanita.Bobbi

tousled1 07-13-2006 05:07 PM

Congratulations on finishing your Herceptin. I just started mine 4 weeks ago and can't wait until I finish. Good luck to you.

Ginagce 07-14-2006 04:45 PM

Congratulations

On finishing up with Herceptin. We must have started around the same time as I too have just finished my one year anniversary. I however have opted to continue with it for awhile due to my circumstances.

Although I've decided to continue at least for awhile, I am also feeling celebratory as I know I've got the year under my belt and made it through one more protocol.

All the best to you. May your future hold all good things for you.

ginagce

madubois63 07-15-2006 06:01 AM

It will take a bit to get your "land legs" again, but I am sure you will be up and running really soon. It is hard to get out of cancerland at first, but what a wonderful experience. Enjoy!!!!!!

Ann 07-15-2006 06:52 PM

Juanita,

Congratulations on finishing your herceptin treatments. May you enjoy many more dishes of ice cream!

Kim in CA 07-15-2006 06:59 PM

Congratulations Juanita,

How nice to be free again.

Best of Luck to you, Kim in Ca

VaMoonRise 07-16-2006 02:03 AM

I am done!

Juanita,

Congratulations Hon! That is wonderful news. I am so happy to hear about all of the women recently who have finally finished up with their Herceptin treatments.

I wish you all the very best and continued good health forever more!

Hugs,
Nicola