HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just a quick update... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48902)

hutchibk 02-21-2011 09:49 PM

Just a quick update...

In January, I did 5 more days of IMRT on 3 previously treated brain spots, and also the previously treated one in the pituitary area (which is inside the skull, but not in the brain/blood brain barrier). The good news (I guess it's good news, but I'd rather have none at all...) is that there are still no new spots. Just pesky old buggers.

I also enrolled in the T-DM1 EAP trial in Denver last week, so I am off of old school Herceptin, Tykerb, and tamoxifen now (2 week washout period). I get my first T-DM1 treatment in Denver on March 4! Whew! Will be flying up there every 3 weeks... and it's pretty easy travel. This has been long and hard fought (been eyeing this thing since October, and finally I made it happen.) I am very excited. My trial doc is truly top notch and I love the clinic there! I think this will be a great opportunity on my particular uncharted path.

Best wishes to all out in our little world who are also looking for options and answers... crossing my fingers and toes and eyes that we all find options as we continue to need them!

Jean 02-21-2011 10:37 PM

Re: Just a quick update...

Brenda,
Thank you for the update. I have been thinking of you and saying my prayers that would lead to the best treatment for you. You are just amazing. You certainly are the traveler with a fixed course. Only you would state that going every 3 wks. to Denver is easy travel!!!! I know some people who complain about going over the bridge to the city...you are one special warrior woman.

Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.
Jean

kiwigirl 02-21-2011 11:25 PM

Hi Brenda what you had (IMRT) is that the same as volumetric modulate arch therapy? (VMAT- IMRT). I start this treatment tomorrow it only treats the Pesky's and not good tissue.Its very new here only one machine thats been operating since October.

Bit scared but so pleased to start something. I wish you all the best for your travels. I to like to travel and did six months of New Zealand to Seattle which i would do again if i had a chance.

I look forward to see how T-DM1 goes for you good luck and well done getting on the trial. Regards Jacqui

Trish 02-21-2011 11:34 PM

So glad you could get the treatment you've been working towards and that it feels right to you. I'm hopeful that it will go well.
Trish

Hopeful 02-22-2011 09:12 AM

Brenda,

Thanks for the update, and best of luck to you with your new treatment.

Regards,

Hopeful

michka 02-22-2011 09:26 AM

Brenda, I am happy you got in the TDM1 trial! I hope it will be a good option for you like it was for others in our group. Michka

ElaineM 02-22-2011 10:44 AM

Thanks for the update. Good luck with T DM1. Let us know how it is going when you have time. Take good care of yourself.

Mary L 02-22-2011 11:24 AM

Brenda, glad you got in the trial. Best wishes!!! Mary L

tricia keegan 02-22-2011 11:33 AM

Sending good wishes Brenda and hoping the trial works well for you!!

krisvell 02-22-2011 01:09 PM

Brenda;
Sending my best wishes the TDM1 trial works really well. I'm sending my support and prayers your way.
Hugs and prayers,
Kris.....

Ellie F 02-22-2011 01:37 PM

Hi Brenda
Really good to read your post.Good luck with your T-DM1 trial.
Please keep us posted. Your posts always used to cheer me up on bad days.

Hugs
Ellie

Elizabethtx 02-22-2011 06:51 PM

Brenda,
You are a strong and classy lady (as I see from your pic). My prayers are with you for strength and a way to NED!
Elizabeth

sassy 02-22-2011 09:06 PM

Brenda,

So glad to hear you finally made it happen and are on your way in the trial. It certainly was a hard fought battle. I'll bet this is the ticket!

Jackie07 02-22-2011 10:54 PM

Brenda,

"Where there's a will, there's a way." You certainly have examplified that! Here's to a good 'trial' result!

Mary Anne in TX 02-23-2011 06:13 AM

Hey Brenda!
March 4 is just around the corner. I'm so excited that all you hard work has gotten you in the trial. You'll surely be on my mind and in my prayers for that special dayp and all those to come.

Patb 02-23-2011 02:16 PM

Brenda
Its been said perserveance is the hard work you do
after you get tired of doing the hard work you already
did. You defintly have it. Best of luck with the new
treatment and many good flights on the wings of angels
to a complete dance with NED.
patb

Laurel 02-23-2011 07:23 PM

Hey, Roomy, I knew you'd hound them 'til they surrendered! Well done! Now about that new avatar.....sorry, but who is that? You? Ya know, it looks a little like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka!

hutchibk 02-23-2011 09:56 PM

That was my halloween costume, Alice in Wonkaland. So glad you figured part of it out! I am impressed! New avatar coming soon. How are you doing??

hutchibk 02-23-2011 09:57 PM

MA in TX, we need to get together sometime soon, since we are only about an hour away from each other... I happen into SA pretty often.

Debbie L. 02-24-2011 08:15 AM

Go Brenda! Thanks for the update. Lots of good wishes go with you on your trips to the mountains.

I laughed (hard!) at your sentence about "old school" drugs!

Love,

Debbie Laxague