HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Kadcyla is kicking my butt on my Bday! Ouch! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58579)

Ceesun 07-16-2013 09:34 AM

Kadcyla is kicking my butt on my Bday! Ouch!

Greetings Friends, Well today is a milestone bday for me the big 60 and I hurt all over...yikes! I had my 2nd infusion last Thursday and since Friday....migraine headache, no body strength, achy muscles, fatigue, chills....and the dark circles around my eyes are darker! This TDM1 is tough! I thought the treatments got easier, but I feel worse this time. I seriously think I may ask if they can dial down the dose a bit...My hubby's bday is in a week so I guess we will celebrate a bit then. Sorry for the pity party, but I hurt...oh well, I was diagnosed at 50 and made it to 60 and will have a new grandchild next month. Thanks for listening, friends...Ceesun

tricia keegan 07-16-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Kadcyla is kicking my butt on my Bday! Ouch!

Sorry to hear you feel so rough Cathy and especially on your birthday too, be kind to yourself today and look forward to that double celebration with your hubby next week!

CarolineC 07-16-2013 11:58 AM

Ceesun,

How about a soak in the bathtub to soothe the achiness? I'm so sorry you feel so badly on your birthday, but I am glad you're here to have one, and soon will be able to reap the benefits of TDM1. That's a good idea to discuss abit of a dose reduction. It's hard when you don't feel well and can't have a good time-I hope you have some relief soon.

Vicky 07-16-2013 12:13 PM

Ceesun,

so sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable on your birthday! I am in awe of the fact you have been battling this for 10 years- that so encourages me today. It also happens to be my birthday- I am 46 today and pray I too can make it to see a grandchild in my future. I have also done TDM1 and felt that my body adjusted better after the first few rounds- so just keep hanging in there. Know I am thinking of you today and wishing you were feeling better- but so glad to read your encouragement today. Happy Birthday!

phil 07-16-2013 01:11 PM

the s/e are often more severe in the first few rounds. aches, chills, fever , fatigue, i would suggest waiting to see what scans show , before dose reduction. we tried to balance getting max cancer killing effect w/ side effects. Lorraine got 7 doses at full strength , then went to 3.0. has done great w/ it. ned. but has low plats. in hindsight , maybe should have done first 4-5 at max dose, then reduced , might have helped plats.

KsGal 07-16-2013 02:03 PM

First..big birthday hugs! Happy Birthday, Ceesun!!! Im so sorry the side effects are kicking your butt. Do you have any prescription pain meds that you could take? Im certainly sending many prayers and a lot of positive energy your way. I hope it lets off a bit so you can do something special.

ElaineM 07-16-2013 03:09 PM

Sorry you are a bit under the weather today. Have a belated celebration later. You hit a milestone. Congratulations. Keep going.

Cat 07-16-2013 03:36 PM

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
I hope you get some relief in the next couple of rounds and can benefit from it. I've always wondered what makes some more sensitive to various chemos but try to have a fun belated birthday and enjoy whatever you can. Drink lots of water, I swear it helps me in many ways.
Hugs,
Cathy

CoolBreeze 07-16-2013 04:17 PM

Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry Kadcyla is kicking your butt but maybe next birthday you will be NED and the birthday after that, and after that.......

NEDenise 07-16-2013 05:48 PM

Cathy,
I hope by now you're feeling a little better!
Rest... be good to yourself... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Denise

karen z 07-16-2013 06:00 PM

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new grandchild to come.
Don't feel bad about some complaints.......things are not always easy.
Celebrate when you can and do it up right!