HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Face breaks out? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28375)

fauxgypsy 06-05-2007 05:13 PM

Face breaks out?

The day after treatment, Taxol/Carboplaten/Herceptin, my face breaks out really bad, big bumps. It actually hurts. sometimes my scalp as well. This last for two or three days. Does this happen to anyone else and if so what can I do to help it?

Leslie

chrisy 06-06-2007 03:49 PM

i had that combo and would get more of a "flush" type rash, on my face and arms. I believe this was due to the steroid premed. After they were comfortable I wasn't going to have a serious allergic reaction, I asked if they could reduce the steroid - which they did- and I didn't get so much of the rosy cheek look anymore

Hope this helps.
Chris

Susan McQ 06-06-2007 04:02 PM

decadron flush

I had the decadron flush after every Taxol. I would get it the next day after infusion. My face would not only be read but warm to the touch.

I also didn't sleep well, had pimples and gained weight while on Taxol. I blame it all on the steriods.

Susan

fauxgypsy 06-06-2007 04:33 PM

It is not a flush. I have that too. It is like teenage acne. It is worse than I had as a teenager. Hormones, maybe? I hadn't thought of the steroid but that could be it.

Leslie

Mary Anne in TX 06-06-2007 04:58 PM

Hi! I did the TCH also and found that for tons of reasons that I needed to drink oceans of water beginning the day I did treatment for about 5 - 7 days. Solved lots of problems and decreased all the side effects. I'd be curious to know if the steroids could impact your skin. It didn't mine, but we are all so very different. This will be an interesting adventure to discover the culprit. Best wishes for a better next treatment. Just so it kills those goofy cancer cells!!!!! Most important! ma

fauxgypsy 06-06-2007 05:42 PM

Minor annoyance

I know that this is a minor annoyance. I do wonder what is causing it. I will do an internet search on steroids. After having been flat from fatigue from Friday until Tuesday and months of treatment yet to go, I know that there are many things worse. The bright side of this is that the PET scan was negative the 3rd of May after only two months of treatment. I might as well be glad that I still have white cells. Heck, I still have hair. The funny thing is the darker hair fell out first, now what is left is very light ( read gray and white). It is getting very thin but it is evenly thin. I can definitely see my scalp. I guess I will shave it soon. I just didn't expect to be bald and pimply. I feel very blessed and I am thankful. Things could be so much worse.

Leslie

LAURIE 06-06-2007 08:32 PM

The acnce was the worst thing for me on TAXOL. It bothered me so much. For me it was the decradron. Having the steroid every week really caused disgusting breakouts. My face cleared up after Taxol was done. My face is broken out right now but it is from high doses of prednisone for posion ivy.

harrie 06-10-2007 12:45 AM

acne

After the chemo I would get a flushed face the first day or so. I normally do not get acne, BUT during chemo I noticed I would get several pimples. This pretty much came and went throughout my 6 rounds of TCH. Now my face is cleared up and I am on herceptin alone.
Harrie