HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Went for mammo and cancer has returned... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61660)

linn65 08-14-2014 11:29 PM

Went for mammo and cancer has returned...

I thought today would be a routine checkup. Well, I was wrong....the doctor found a lump in my lymph node above my clavicle bone. They did a biopsy and confirmed it was. She said stop the tamox. Because it is not working. And we will do a bone scan and cat scan to see about it spreading other places. She talked about Tdm1 or herceptin and projeta combo. But first of scans and a lot of blood work. She made it sound in order to live i could never bee off treatment......I am in shock. I don't want to think, and I am terribly sad. All the treatment before seems to be in vein, and I don't think I can do it sell again.

JennyB 08-15-2014 03:55 AM

Re: Went for mammo and cancer has returned...

Linn,

I am terribly sorry to read of this - sending love and strength from down under xx

Aussie Girl 08-15-2014 04:56 AM

So sorry to hear this, Linn.

Take time to absorb the news and put one foot in front of the other, taking one day at a time.

You have friends here, and many have walked this path before you.

Gentle hugs

Diane

hestko76 08-15-2014 06:44 AM

I'm sad to read your news, Linn. I'll pray for strength for you. Stay strong and positive!

linzer 08-15-2014 08:09 AM

I am so sorry. I hope that you get solid answers and a plan in place. We are here for you. Please update us when you are ready and able. - Linda

LaDonna28 08-15-2014 10:10 AM

Linn,
I am sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with you and know that this board is a great support for you. LaDonna

europa 08-15-2014 10:26 AM

I am so sorry. I never know what to say when I hear news like this. I can only imagine what you are going through. But know this, we are all here for you. We are all praying for you and we are all listening when you want to vent.

sarah 08-15-2014 11:29 AM

So sorry to hear this Linn. I remember how devastated I was when my cancer came back after being told 5 years earlier that I was cured but there are lots of treatment options and it's 10 years out from the last recurrence and I have had a lot of fun in those years. I was also told I'd be on treatment forever but they stopped it after 6 because things looked so good, so forever isn't necessarily forever. I hope you will get over the shock soon and get back into the fight and treatment. It's so hard and so sad to have do it all again but living is fun. You have to get back to that point of believing you can kick it again and get back to living and having fun. Be patient with yourself and watch some funny movies and play some of your favorite music really loud and dance around the room. and eat some chocolate. Cancer sucks but we all learn we're stronger and tougher than we think we are. Go to the gym and get into shape for the fight, you know you can do it because you've done it before. Again so sorry you going through this.
big hug and love
sarah

KDR 08-15-2014 12:16 PM

Hi, Linn,
I am sorry to hear that you have had a little setback. Each day, one foot in front of the other. Day by day. Will be thinking of you,
Warmly,
Karen

jaykay 08-15-2014 02:37 PM

Crap on a crapstick! You are stronger than you think you are. Breath
Janis

Jackie07 08-15-2014 02:45 PM

Hi, Linn,

That sure is upsetting! I remember the shock I experienced back in 2007 when I heard of the recurrence. (At that time, I thought any recurrence was considered stage IV ...)

We have a lot of sisters here on the board who are long-time stage IV survivors. Please check out the thread 'Calling all stage IV sisters' http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...+stage+sisters and be encouraged.

Sending you good vibes.

Pray 08-15-2014 03:41 PM

Sorry about the set back. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. Gods blessings are all around you. His Peace my sister��

tricia keegan 08-15-2014 04:17 PM

Linn I'm sorry to hear this and even sadder that the Onc made you feel that way, I hope from reading all you have here that some of the survivor stories will have given you some hope and assurance, its still possible to get back to NED with a good response to chemo so hang in there, you can do this!

thinkpositive 08-15-2014 09:13 PM

Linn,

I've been thinking about you all day after reading your post. I'm so sorry that your cancer has returned. I can only imagine how you must feel. When I was diagnosed I was stage 3C and did have cancer in the supraclavicular lymph node which is where I believe you are saying your recurrence is. I'm doing well now and there are so many others at this stage and at stage 4 who are also doing well. Hang in there, Linn

BonnieR 08-15-2014 11:27 PM

Keep the faith

Carol Ann 08-16-2014 07:31 AM

Linn, I am so sorry. This SUCKS! Please know we are here for you to listen and support you, if you need to vent, rage, cry, and feel and do whatever you need to do for you.

Carol Ann

suzan w 08-16-2014 01:47 PM

I am sorry to hear of this news. Even though it sounds like your oncologist might have been a little softer in his manner (after all...we are very sensitive!!) It does sound like he has a plan. Every day I have to do things to try and keep healthy, maybe not chemo and treatments per se, but I have to pay close attention to what I eat, exercise, chemicals in my life....I never really thought much about this "before". It sounds like this lump was found early and that you are being vigilant. Stay strong, cancer warrior!!!!!

'lizbeth 08-16-2014 02:01 PM

OH NO! This is truly sucky.

I sincerely hope that is the only place with cancer.

I know that you are terribly discouraged, and who the hell wants to do chemo, no one here!

Let us know the results of your scans and tests.

Ah rats.

agness 08-16-2014 03:50 PM

Herceptin and Perjeta helped rid my friend of mets to her lung last winter. There is hope. Deep breaths. I know that not everything responds equally but you haven't ever tried Perjeta.

I will be thinking of you.

valleygirl 08-16-2014 03:57 PM

Will keep you in my prayers