HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gamma Knife Accomplished (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61372)

embur102 06-26-2014 04:45 AM

Gamma Knife Accomplished

Good morning, beautiful women!

I am "high" on coffee and steroids, and a bit rambunctious (SP??), so excuse the jumpiness lol

I had gamma knife treatment Tuesday....all went well. One small spot, 16 minutes of ZAP, out the door by noon, slept for most of the day. Scheduled for follow up in August, will hear from onc today about scheduling other scans.

Plan to be back to work next week...no driving, so my husband gets to be my chauffeur hahahaha (God bless that man...he already is my personal chef, housekeeper, shopper, medic, "pool Boy"....)

I wish to give each and every one of you amazing, incredible, invincible women a HUGE HUG (can you feel it??), and to all of the trail-blazing women who have moved on to the next magical realm, I send up my love and my gratitude and feel your spirit and encouragement surrounding me.

Ironically, I have never felt so blessed in my entire life. I truly am a Lucky One.

All my love,
Paula

ps I have a great treatment pic that I will post when I get my regular computer back....it is in the "shop" with a virus, so I am using a backup.

carlatte7 06-26-2014 07:04 AM

Re: Gamma Knife Accomplished

Go Paula go!! So glad to hear from you. Sending my very best thoughts and prayers every day.

thinkpositive 06-26-2014 07:15 AM

Paula,

I'm so glad your treatment went so well. Now your just have to figure out when then next mud run is!

Take care

Ceesun 06-26-2014 09:15 AM

You go girl! Regards, Cathy

StephN 06-26-2014 02:14 PM

Dear Paula -
You have come out the other side of this brain mets scare with a different outlook! It is so hard to try and explain how this happens to someone who is just at the front end of a brain met/s dx. They do not have the capacity to understand until after the treatment.

I too felt great joy after my gamma knife tx. (It is NOT the decadron - it is a weight that has been lifted and a new confidence that we can deal with our cancer.)

Very glad you posted those emotions and positive feelings.

The no driving for me was only for ONE day, then I was out behind the wheel to meet another member of this site who was in town for a cancer vaccine.

tricia keegan 06-26-2014 04:00 PM

Yay Paula and well done you!!!Thinking of you and sending good wishes. xx

MaineRottweilers 06-26-2014 07:08 PM

Paula, you sound AMAZING!!! Glad you are feeling so well and looking at things from the other side. Continued prayers and especially, God Bless our partners!

caya 06-26-2014 08:48 PM

Glad you are feeling well Paula.
You are a true Warrior Woman.

all the best
caya

Jackie07 06-27-2014 02:24 AM

Thanks for the update, Paula. Glad you are feeling well.

You will probably feel a little bit fatigued for several weeks after the GKRS. Just take it easy and not to tire yourself out.

Sending you good vibes.

Rolepaul 07-02-2014 01:58 PM

I know the chauffeur is happy to be one. Keep on making noise and being happy. May the dead spot stay that way for many years. Out spot out.

Nurse4u2day 07-02-2014 02:00 PM

GammaKnife complete.. Congrats on getting that out of the way. And I love the happiness that I feel from your post. It's like jumping off my screen happy( hmmm maybe steroids and coffee lol)