HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   HER2 Serum Test (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43672)

schoolteacher 02-08-2010 01:41 PM

HER2 Serum Test

I wanted to let all of you know that the oncologist nurse called me Friday, and let me know that my HER2 level has gone from 22.3 to 16.7.

I hope when I took my Herceptin the day of the blood test that the level went even lower.

I started taking Salmon oil three days before the HER2 test. I will continue to take it until tomorrow. I have my lung biopsy on February the 16th.

Could my vaccine have helped to lower my level or could it be the fish oil?

Amelia

Jackie07 02-08-2010 02:57 PM

Re: HER2 Serum Test

Great news!

I have not heard of anything about taking fish oil lowers HER2 serum level. It has to be the vaccine. But fish oil is good for us in many other areas. Who knows, there might be a synergy between the two.

Just so happy for you. We love good news... And I'll bet you that the Her2 serum level will go down even lower and the lung biopsy result will be good.

ElaineM 02-08-2010 03:41 PM

Salmon is a good source of omega 3, which is supposed to be very healthy for everyone.
The her2 serum test results should be under 12 to be considered normal, so you are definitely going in the right direction. Congratulations !!!!!!!

Julie2 02-08-2010 08:47 PM

May I know what vaccine did you take? I am very interested to know what could be the reason the her2 serum went down by itself.

Thanks,
Julie

Jean 02-08-2010 10:33 PM

Ameila,
Good luck with biopsey on the 16th.
Best wishes,
Jean

Jean 02-08-2010 10:34 PM

Also, what is the size of the nodule the dr. are performing the biopsey on?

Have they been tracking and notice a change in size?

jean

schoolteacher 02-09-2010 07:55 AM

Jackie and Elaine, thank you for your positive remarks. I hope you are feeling better Jackie.

Julie, I did the HER2 Peptide vaccine at the University of Washinton. I finished in June.

Jean, my nodule is 1.3 cm. It was not there on the June PET-CT scan. He was not going to biopsy it until my HER2 level came back high. I hope I go on the 16th and there is nothing on the scan.

Amelia

StephN 02-15-2010 12:55 PM

Dear Amelia -

Glad the Her2 test number went DOWN! Hope this is a good sign.

Want to let you know that I am thinking good thoughts for your lung biopsy tomorrow.

Hope the procedure will pass without incident, and that the weather will be nice!

tricia keegan 02-15-2010 01:25 PM

Sending good wishes and vibes for tomorrow Amelia. :)

rondo 02-15-2010 02:45 PM

Sorry-dumb question-there's a Her-2 serum test????
Is it used to monitor for recurrence or only for more advanced cases? Sorry to ask this question here- I am having trouble with this site since its format changed and am unable to get the search feature to work. Could someone direct me to more info on this test?

lkc Gumby 02-15-2010 05:26 PM

Amelia, Just reading this and wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers, A het 2 level that is going down is a good thing. also I am just wondering about the nodule in the lung , right? It may not be mets. I'll keep you in my prayers for " good" biopsy report.