HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rest in peace, Mandamoo. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59281)

Pamelamary 10-11-2013 05:37 PM

Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

Our brave and beloved Amanda has died. The ripples from her indomitable spirit and her devotion to her family will truly be felt all around the world.
So much grief.....
Pam

KDR 10-11-2013 05:48 PM

Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

Nooooooooo!

Bunty 10-11-2013 06:24 PM

My heart is so, so sad reading this..... I hope and pray that Amanda was not in pain, and was at peace. I feel numb and I'm not sure what to write now other than love and peace to you all, and especially to Amanda's family.
Marie

Laurel 10-11-2013 07:36 PM

Oh no! Too soon! I am devastated. My condolences to her family and friends.

dawny 10-11-2013 07:56 PM

Noooo! I can't find any words

dawny 10-11-2013 08:06 PM

This is just too soon, Amanda didn't get to see her son in his new school uniform. I hope she wasn't in pain, with her coughing. She was so dedicated to her family, I offer them my condolences.

Dawn. Xx

caya 10-11-2013 08:49 PM

So sorry to hear about Mandamoo's passing.

all the best
caya

Redwolf8812 10-11-2013 09:05 PM

Rotten, rotten, rotten, news. I so enjoyed her posts and admired her so much. Prayers for her family.

- Penny

yanyan 10-11-2013 09:55 PM

I'm so shocked and sad to hear about her passing! It happened too early and too fast ! Amanda was such a sweet person. Rest in peace !

StephN 10-11-2013 10:08 PM

Thanks to the Downunder girls for sticking together and letting us know.
I felt that she was getting the best she could in the way of treatment.

Just so sorry that she has to leave her family at such a young age. My very deep condolences to them all.

Shirley 10-11-2013 10:37 PM

I am a relatively new member of this group but I have been very touched by Amanda’s posts the past few months. The only words that come to my mind are sorrow and mercy. She struggled so hard, and it was heartbreaking to read her last post in September. I offer my sincerest condolences to her family and to those close to her.

chrislmelb 10-11-2013 11:05 PM

I came home from a fab holiday last night to be confronted with this. I am devastated, to say the least, as she was such a beautiful person with time for all. I was planning on visiting her on my return. So quick as she only went to hospital and decided to stop treatment on September 24th. I know this date as she was meant to be with us on that day.
Dawny i am not sure if Amanda was changing her son's school, but she definitely saw him in uniform to start prep at school.
This is part of my post on the BCAUS forum i have been on since 2006.

Janine(founder) posted this quote re forum angels and i think it sums her up really well.

These are not women who succumbed or lost their battle. These are the women who teach us how to give, how to love and how to live; whose spirit is indomitable and their presence, in life and in their passing, is electric. For this we celebrate them. -- Tamar Paluch

She is to be celebrated greatly for being her, which was a beautiful person who fought hard to stay for her young family. Condolences to Brendan and her three lovely children.
Amanda will be greatly missed by those who knew her. xo
RIP Amanda

I am so sad i didn't get to see her. xo

chrislmelb 10-11-2013 11:23 PM

And more....
StephN, she tried Havalen as her last treatment but began to feel really unwell. This is when she went to hospital and was told if she kept up treatment she would die sooner.
This is a post she put 5th October when i asked after her well being:

I'm ok. Mainly just spending time sitting in my chair in our lovely front room. Quite a few visitors from Qld. I deteriorated quite a bit when I first got home but past couple of days have been better. I am very breathless on exertion and can no longer walk upstairs to my bedroom so we have moved into our spare room downstairs. The home care nurses have visited and will come twice a week to check my symptom management. I have a stool for the shower as I was exhausted standing and yesterday an oxygen converter arrived which I don't really need yet but just in case. I have my appetite back which is a nice feeling as eating gives me strength. I am living in blissful denial saving my energy, knitting, reading, writing, chatting.

A friend (who is having her 50th tonight!) rang her on Wednesday and she was coughing a lot. She and all of us are just so shocked by the suddenness.

I held Amanda in high regard for her extensive knowledge of this horrible disease. Unfortunately here in Oz we aren't up to you in trials etc. Amanda didn't want to waste time with her family(going overseas) to buy a bit more time even tho she had a very aggressive disease.
Thank you Amanda for the time you spent discussing my disease with me and for being such a positive influence.

michka 10-12-2013 02:23 AM

This is such a shock. I am so down. I just cant accept Amanda is gone. My thoughts go to her family and friends. Michka

jaykay 10-12-2013 04:02 AM

Crap on a crapstick. Really a shock.

Thanks, Christine, for the info. Just glad she was at home with her family and friends

Ellie F 10-12-2013 04:10 AM

So shocked, just can't believe it. Sincere condolences to her family. My heart goes out to her children. We are losing way too many young women to this horrible disease!
Ellie

dawny 10-12-2013 04:14 AM

Thanks Christine for the info. I still can't believe she is gone so soon. NEDenise and i were just discussing a card shower for her. I am so sad for her dearly loved family

JennyB 10-12-2013 05:11 AM

Such devastating news. Such a quick demise - I guess on the one hand is good but so hard for all (including us) to come to terms with.

I will miss Amanda and her intelligence and heart so very much.

RIP

LeahM 10-12-2013 05:43 AM

I am so saddened to hear this news. I enjoyed her spirit, her wit and her stories of her family. My condolences to her family and friends

Mtngrl 10-12-2013 07:23 AM

Oh, no. My heart is breaking.

She was so young. I'm so sorry for her husband and children.

Hold your loved ones closer today--and every day.