HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Surgery Tomorrow (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60900)

Bunty 05-05-2014 08:38 PM

Surgery Tomorrow

Just to let you know that tomorrow, Wednesday May 7, I finally get the local intervention on my pesky liver met that I've hoped for quite a while. You may recall that SBRT was my preferred intervention, but the tumour sits right on the edge of my liver and is too close to my bowel, which was also the challenge when RFA was considered about 18 months ago. So under the knife I go tomorrow for liver resection surgery.

Anyway, now I only have progression in this pesky one, nothing else new and lung mets yet again stable, so now is the time. I'm very excited as I've wanted to get rid of this for a while, and the surgeon is confident I'm a good candidate - he wouldn't put me through this otherwise.

So I'll be in hospital for 7-10 days, and then home off work for about a month. Once I'm feeling up to it, I'll send an update. Any feedback/advice on experience with liver resection gratefully received.

Cheers Marie

StephN 05-05-2014 10:50 PM

Re: Surgery Tomorrow

Check posts from Cool Breeze. She had a major liver resection.

Sending you all good healing wishes from the other Pacific coast.

Bunty 05-05-2014 10:57 PM

Thanks Steph! I do recall quite well Cool Breeze's (Ann) experience, and I think she had a bit of a tough time as she contracted C-Diff. From the last posts I read from her, SBRT was a breeze for her compared to the surgery. So maybe I won't linger on Ann's experience of surgery too much!!!
Cheers Marie

Pamelamary 05-06-2014 01:14 AM

Best wishes for a successful surgery, Marie.
Will be thinking of you and waiting to hear news..... Pam

dawny 05-06-2014 03:46 AM

No advice, sorry Marie, but lots of Good wishes being sent your way!

Dawn. Xx

Becky 05-06-2014 05:30 AM

Good wishes and happy thoughts. I will be thinking about you.

emily 05-06-2014 06:09 AM

Very best wishes Marie. I haven't been in touch for ages but think of you often. It sounds as though you are in safe hands.
Emily

Carol Ann 05-06-2014 08:11 AM

Best of luck Marie, rooting for you and keep us posted! :)

CA

Nurse4u2day 05-06-2014 10:54 AM

Wishing the. Best for you. When you wake up from the surgery I pray it's all good news..

Best wishes
Tamara

FLfrost 05-06-2014 07:33 PM

Sending you healing wishes from South Florida. May the road to your recovery be smooth and swift.
Joanne

Pray 05-06-2014 08:52 PM

I'm keeping you in my prayers. Gods blessings to you and your family.

Bunty 05-12-2014 02:59 AM

Here I am with third of a liver and a gall bladder lighter. The surgery went very well and the surgeon is very confident the two tumours have been totally removed and no residual stuff hanging around. I'm still in hospital, although the plan was I could go home tomorrow however I'm having Herceptin and don't want to overdo it. My remaining liver is very healthy thank goodness. I have the highest praise for our skilled and dedicated doctors, nurses, physios. Thanks for all you're thoughts and prayers. And thank goodness for pain killers!
Cheers Marie

michka 05-12-2014 03:10 AM

Hello Marie! I am happy the surgery went well and that it is now behind you.
You are a third of a liver and a gall bladder lighter AND... a stupid tumor lighter!
I hope you will be able to go back home very soon. Michka

'lizbeth 05-12-2014 07:44 AM

Sounds very successful! Wishing you a quick recovery.

Carol Ann 05-12-2014 08:04 AM

Same here, Marie!

CA

Kim in CA 05-12-2014 10:12 AM

Hi Marie,
So glad to hear your surgery was a success. Now be kind to yourself and don't over do it too soon. I was in the hospital for over a week and had a gigantic incision. I should have waited a bit longer before getting back to my usual routine, but I can be stubborn that way. I ended up with a slight hernia, that I've never had repaired because I have such an aversion to being in the hospital!

Best wishes,

Kim

sassy 05-12-2014 06:47 PM

Glad for your good news Marie!

cheery 05-12-2014 08:07 PM

Marie

So sorry I've missed your earlier post. Glad to hear your update that you're doing well and the surgery was a success! Congrats! :)

Hope you're resting well now and wishing you smooth recovery!

Best wishes

Nurse4u2day 05-12-2014 08:16 PM

Glad all is going well. I hope you are resting peacefully with few interruptions from staff. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Pray 05-12-2014 08:41 PM

How wonderful for you and your family! I pray you will recover quickly. You've earned it.