HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on TriciaK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46733)

TriciaK 09-15-2010 07:26 PM

Update on TriciaK

I appreciate the responses to my thread requesting prayers a week or so ago. Each one touched my heart and gave me strength to face my doctors this week. I saw the cardiologist on Monday. He told me more details about the angiogram, and said the results of it and the echocardiograms showed that my ejection fraction was 50-55. I was delighted, as this was an answer to all the prayers! My oncologist had told me a month ago, after a previous echo, that my ef was only 45-50 and too low for herceptin, so he had started me on navelbine alone. I really wanted to try herceptin again, since the 15 months I was on it 5 years ago had effectively stopped the her2BC, even though my ef dropped to 30 and the herceptin was discontinued .
I saw my oncologsit the day after the cardiologist and of course he read all the heart doctor's reports. He grinned when he saw the 50-55 ef and said we could start the herceptin that very day! I will have it with navelbine every week, I guess for as long as my ef stays around 50. I will have blood tests every week the day before I have the herceptin, see the onc before each infusion to discuss the tests, and will have an echo frequently.I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay on the herceptin, but will keep on praying and working for it to continue for as long as possible. My cardiologist has me on 160 mg of diovan and 40 of coregcr, plus added Krill oil capsules and slow release niacin. He did not think coq10 would help, but I may try it anyway. I did quite well this first extra-long infusion. I had some stomach cramps at the very end, and threw up a couple times when I got home, but not since. I have felt quite weak and extra tired today but if it gets no worse I can certainly tolerate it. I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows before on this combination, but at that time was doing a larger dose every 3 weeks because I lived 3 hours from the chemo lab then. Now I live very close and once a week works fine for me and the dosage is smaller . Thank you all again for your responses. I appreciate any other comments or advice and will keep you posted. Hugs, Tricia

caya 09-15-2010 08:05 PM

Re: Update on TriciaK

Thanks for giving us an update Tricia.
So glad you could start Herceptin again. - the Magic Vitamin H!!

all the best
caya

Cal-Gal 09-15-2010 08:22 PM

Thank you beautiful Tricia for the update and inspiration!!!!

ElaineM 09-15-2010 08:59 PM

You are an amazing woman and one of my role models.
Thanks for the great news that you are able to take Herceptin (Vitamin H). I hope you can take it until every bit of cancer is gone from your body.
I agree with you about trying a little Co Q 10.
The tiredness comes from a combination of the Herceptin and the Navelbine. The orginal source of Navelbine was the Madagascar Periwinkle. My naturopath told me some American Indians use that plant as a sedative.
Take good care of yourself. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Jackie07 09-15-2010 10:55 PM

Thank you so much for the update. You are such a role model and I'm so happy for you.

Mary Anne in TX 09-16-2010 04:24 AM

Tricia, just get you some REALLY big sunglasses to wear to hide those thin eyebrows and lashes! You're a Star to us anyway...you can just play the part! I'm so excited that you can start the Big H again. If prayers can give you strength, you'll have tons on the way now from all of us.
Much love, ma

Lien 09-16-2010 05:41 AM

Wonderful news! I'm doing my happy dance for you!

Jacqueline

Becky 09-16-2010 05:43 AM

Tricia

What good news as Herceptin is a real miracle drug for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

CarolynME 09-16-2010 07:31 AM

I am really happy to hear this great news - it sounds like you have a great attitude and great fortitude in dealing with the side effects, and I hoping for the best for you!

bejuce 09-16-2010 10:02 AM

Wonderful news! You rock!!!!

Gerri 09-17-2010 08:36 AM

Tricia,

You are one of my all time heroes! I am so happy that your heart function has improved and you can get Herceptin once again.

Please take good care of yourself and keep us updated.

nitewind 09-17-2010 05:40 PM

Hi birthday buddy! I'm so glad to hear that the heart is in good shape. Praying the herceptin does it's job.

Adriana Mangus 09-17-2010 09:39 PM

Hi from Adriana

Dear Tricia,

You are so my hero. I feel so much love for you Tricia, you are a warrior, have been through so much and you still continue on.

You are someone who is respected and adored by all of us at HER2+.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted.

With Love and Admiration,

Adriana

Jean 09-17-2010 11:19 PM

Dear Tricia,
Great News indeed!
I am smiling upon reading your post.
Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Jean

Patb 09-18-2010 02:29 PM

This is great news and I wish you Gods speed
as you go through your new treatment. Take
care and keep us posted. There are eyebrow
pencils in all colors and you will look great.
patb

suzan w 09-19-2010 06:04 PM

Good news Tricia!!! xo

AlaskaAngel 09-20-2010 12:47 PM

Tricia, I'm delighted to hear that you are continuing to stay on track, and so carefully getting more mileage out of the traztuzumab! Your description is so helpful to others -- you always have tried to be sure people learn from what you have learned. It is so good to hear from you!

AlaskaAngel

Ruth 09-20-2010 04:39 PM

Thinking about you Tricia! You are such an inspiration to so many of us.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Diane H 09-21-2010 07:10 AM

So glad to hear you are getting the herceptin again, wishing for you strength and hope,
Hugs,
Diane

Mary Jo 09-21-2010 08:59 AM

Praying for you as I type this Tricia....May our loving Lord give you His peace today. May you feel His incredible love for you.

Will check in again soon to see how you are doing!

Love and Peace dear friend,

Mary Jo