HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Emelie (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55312)

LoisLane 07-27-2012 01:50 PM

Emelie

You girls are always on my mind but today I was thinking a lot about Emelie. I wish her peace and comfort. Lois

Sheila 07-27-2012 02:34 PM

Re: Emelie

Lois....just logged on and read this, crazy thing is Emilie was on my mind all day yesterday and again today...hoping her days are peaceful, and her family will keep us up to date ...

KDR 07-27-2012 05:29 PM

I, too, was thinking of her...wondering how she is feeling. Emelie, if you read this, please let us know.

Warmly,
Karen

Mary Jo 07-27-2012 07:16 PM

Hi Emelie,

Reading these sentiments makes me thing of you and how much I admire you and your courage. I pray your days are FULL of LOVE, FUN AND PEACE.

Love to you sister,

Mary Jo

Ellie F 07-28-2012 02:34 AM

Gosh, I have been thinking a lot about Emelie as well. Hope she can post and let us know how she is. Sending much love
Ellie

Lori R 07-28-2012 06:57 AM

What a thoughtful post.

A little background...Emelie and I both live in the Denver, CO area and met through this site. After meeting for a quick lunch we became best of friends and I consider Emelie to be one of my dearest, most treasured friends. I just wish I had met her years earlier. (God works in ways that we can not quite predict right???)

In case Emelie misses this for a few days, I wanted to let you all know that I had the opportunity to spend an hour with Emelie and her family enjoying a warm summer evening in Emelie's beautiful garden.

After seeing the calm, and peace that surrounded her family I know that she has made the right choice. Emelie's approach to final days has allowed her family to be part of the process, plan for the inevitable and show their love to Emelie and each other.

I will use her journey as an inspiration as this is how I want to sign off as well. I hope I have the wisdom to know when to call it quits and the courage to follow through.

BTW....Emelie looked great, joined everyone at the table and is very alert. Gracious and stylish as always. Reminder....there are some things that are so inherent to who we are that cancer can not rob us of our spirit. Emelie's essence shines through.

Hugs to my dear, dear friend....Lori

Joan M 07-28-2012 07:12 AM

Lori,

Thanks for letting up know about Emilie. She is an inspiration. It reminds me of my sister who died in 2000 at age 51 from causes due to MS, which she had for 37 years. My two nephews took care of her as long as possible before she had to go to a nursing home, where she eventually was given a feeding tube and oxygen. But whenever I visited and asked, How are you today? she would say, I'm doing good. I'm fine. Her spirit soared.

We just never know when our number is up, but like Emelie I hope to be able to say when enough is enough.

Joan

tricia keegan 07-28-2012 11:36 AM

Thank you for updating us Lori and I'll be keeping Emilie in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Anne in TX 07-28-2012 12:01 PM

God bless you Emelie, day by day, minute by minute.

michka 07-28-2012 12:54 PM

Thank you Lori for posting. Emelie deserves peace and love arround her. I often think of her and I admire her courage.
I am sending her love and hugs. Michka

Ceesun 07-29-2012 04:48 PM

I am in awe and filled with admiration as I read these posts regarding Emilie....I will keep her in my thoughts, too. Ceesun

Emelie B 07-31-2012 07:17 AM

Hello ladies,
I want you to know it was such a pleasant surprise to see your delightful messages. I first want to say I hope all our cards and well wishes are getting thru to Christine. She so deserves all we can do for her.

Also, I have been so enheartened with all the good results coming out of the new therapies. I just wish it was easier to obtain what we need, when we need it.

I am in the midst of obtaining a PET and bone scan for bone mets now. Have to follow all the Medicare rules as this is just a palliative care measure for managing the pain in my bones. It can be tricky with hospice and the "rules".
Other than that, I have been having such a good time with friends and family, that it should be shameful.
My husband and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary and had a great time. All of my kids have been here visiting off and on, and we have made some of the best memories ever.
Please know I think of you all often, though I don't log on like I used too.
I will keep in touch and have asked my family to at least update you on major changes.
Take care all, and I really do hope you all are enjoying the remainder of summer as I am.
Emelie

Rolepaul 07-31-2012 07:35 AM

There are a lot of people fighting this disease. It is hard to admit that not all can be saved. Even more frustrating is knowing many have fought a good fight, but did not have the tools to win at the time. The pharmaceutical industry wants to bring the treatments to the patients, and we will see the benefits in the future. I am sorry that it did not happen early enough for you, Emilie. Family is important, relish in their presence.

KDR 07-31-2012 07:45 AM

Emelie,
I feel your peace, and so I am peaceful. Hearing about your great garden and the great people you have around you is heartwarming.
At first, when you posted your end-of-care message, my alarm sounded that I must save a sister standing in front of a speeding train. That it will get better. Just hang in there. And I am sorry if it ever looked or felt as though I should be in a better position to make a decision for you than you could for yourself. I've hit the wall many times myself and will likely do so again. This trip is not an easy one no matter the regimen. I see your smiling face and feel the love and that's all that matters. I admire you deeply.
Always,
Karen

jra40 07-31-2012 08:18 AM

Emelie,

I just cannot convey how much you have touched my life. You are simply an amazing woman who has faced the one thing in life many of us fear with grace and peace. I think of you often and all though I am not on the board much anymore, seek your postings to see how you are doing.

I'm not sure what my future holds with this disease but whatever happens, I have learned from your example to be brave and embrace every moment I breath while on this earth.

My love and prayers to you as you move through your journey. Your imprint will always be in my heart.

Jessica

Ellie F 07-31-2012 09:29 AM

Emelie
I am also really pleased to read your post.
Just wanted to say that Karen has very eloquently written what I also felt (and Feel).
Your sense of peace had moved me to tears. I hope when my time comes I am able to respond with the calm and dignity you have shown.
Ellie

schoolteacher 08-01-2012 05:29 PM

Thinking of you, Emelie.

Amelia

Paty 08-02-2012 07:42 PM

Emilie,

What Lori says about you conveys how an incredible human being you are, the peace that flows in you is probably the peace that many of us wish to reach one day. I am thinking of you and hug you deeply. Love,

Paty

Mtngrl 08-03-2012 09:58 AM

Emilie (and all),

I'm glad to know you are doing so well. Thank you for letting us know. Also thanks to Lori R for the additional background. I know what you mean about the joy of meeting amazing, wonderful, gracious people through this and other support groups.

The truth that we all need one another and cannot really flourish without community is something I hope to convey to others before I die.

Grace and peace,

Pray 08-03-2012 04:25 PM

Thank you so much for the update. You are always in my prayers.

Gods blessings to you and your family.

Peace,

Nancy