HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New offensive is underway! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32571)

chrisy 02-11-2008 12:31 PM

New offensive is underway!

As I write this I am receiving my first infusion of Trastuzumab-MCC-DM1. And not a moment too soon, since as I have posted before, my January 2 scans showed progression and I have been off all treatment since January 17. January 31 scan showed (more clearly at least) definite progression in my liver and activity in the nodes, which scares me.

Mary Anne in TX 02-11-2008 12:53 PM

I'd sure be scared too, but you're doing something about it! You're in a great trial and I hope it starts to work pronto, so that you can give your mind a rest! Take care of yourself and remember we care bunches about YOU! ma

Jean 02-11-2008 01:49 PM

Hi Chirsy,
I am glad that your back on Vit. H...now that treatment is begun you will
kick those nodes down and out....liver watch out!

Please know I am thinking of you and you are at the top of the prayer list girl! Now relax, lean back and let your treatment begin.

Seind you a huge Hug,
Jean

tricia keegan 02-11-2008 02:17 PM

Chrisy glad to hear you've begun treatments which i think helps us feel better just knowing we're fighting back! I hope you'll have better news on the next scan and have NED beside you soon!

Carol Carlson 02-11-2008 03:09 PM

Chrisy,
Sounds like such a postitive step. We are so fortunate to live in a time where trials like this are available.
Good luck and I'll be thinking of you and sending you very positive vibes.
Carol

caya 02-11-2008 03:34 PM

Chrisy,

Glad you are back in treatment. I am praying for a return to NED ASAP!!

all the best
caya

Mykentuckyhome 02-11-2008 03:36 PM

Hope To Join You

hi chrissy, I hope to join you soon on this trial. My scans were today and I talked to my onc. last week who will only let me go on this trial if I have progressed significantly. I have been on tykerb and xeloda since may 07. So I figure this is a win win situation, because if I haven't progressed, thats good and if I have I can get off this xeloda and be done with the hands and feet syndrome. Please keep telling us how it went because I'm sure there are plenty of gals out there looking for a plan.I hope you do amazing on this study. Keep the faith.

runtolive 02-11-2008 03:39 PM

YOU TELL your doctor u want this trial.. that the sides effects of the tykerb/xeloda are too much trouble.. ask barb, lily, marsha.. and now chrisy.. this drug works... you have to fight for your treatment..

IRENE FROM TAMPA 02-11-2008 04:38 PM

So glad to hear you started

on the trial drug finally Chrisy

Let me know how you do on this (and I am sure it will be good) I was just told that I might be able to get on this trial myself but have to decide if what I am on is working to some degree (HER/AVASTIN/TAXATIER) IF I should stay where I am and see how long it will hold be stable and hold the trial for later. My only concern is that my office will get filled up and then I won't have a spot. I am going to finish this second cycle I am on and go from there.

I pray for you always and know you will do well my friend.

kareneg 02-11-2008 05:34 PM

Hi Chrisy,

I know how you feel too being off treatment and knowing you are progressing I am so happy you are on this trial. It looks so promising! Kick butt my friend and keep us posted ok? You have my never ending prayers!

Bill 02-11-2008 06:34 PM

Sending prayers up for you, Chrisy and warm thoughts your way. Try not to worry and fret too much (yeah, I said "fret" again), just stay positive and let the prayers and the new treatment do their jobs. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Love, Bill

Joan M 02-11-2008 09:05 PM

Chrisy, There are many treatment options, and I'm very happy for you that the trial is one that you can choose. Joan

Lolly 02-11-2008 09:54 PM

Chrisy, you're home resting easy now, hope the first treatment went ok...so glad you're in the trial!

<3 Lolly

Faith in Him 02-11-2008 10:15 PM

Chrisy,

So glad you have begun treatment. I am praying that this gets you back to NED.

Tonya

hutchibk 02-11-2008 10:22 PM

I hope and pray that --Trastuzumab-MCC-DM1-- ROCKS YOUR WORLD, Chrisy!!

SoCalGal 02-11-2008 11:40 PM

power eating assorted fruit jellies...

...and browsing around our site...I was thinking about you Chris and your run dmc trial. I think it's going to be good for you - it makes a lot of sense the stealth delivery of herceptin.

All day today I wrestled with my mind - the fear factor...so hard to contain the worry. My head is healing but my heart is heavy. I am trying trying trying to stay positive and in the happy happy place. So much easier said than done. My ice maker is leaking and Sears didn't show up. And I'm worrying about the fact that my head is still numb in places. No one mentioned that.

I can feel your worry as well. HavaJ too. We all do it - worry and fret and pray and some days it's just so difficult to contain these feelings.

Didn't mean to ramble so much but wanted to say that I am also wishing and hoping and praying for you.

Lots of love-
Flori

Donna 02-11-2008 11:45 PM

Good Luck Chrisy - you are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!

Love to you,

Donna

tousled1 02-12-2008 04:57 AM

Chrissy,

I know exactly how you feel being off treatment for a while. I had to take a break when I had pneumonia and my last scan showed slight progression. I'm back on Taxol. I know that this trial will be great for you. From what those who are in this trial write it seems to be a wonderful combo. I wish you NED!

StephN 02-12-2008 11:48 AM

Back to WATSU!

Hey Chris -
Now that you have a new very powerful treatment underway, you need to go back to the Miraval experience.

By that I mean to find a place near you where you can get WATSU treatment! Whatever can help you stay out of the normal rut, and keep your head and heart in a positive, healing place.

I found a couple of places near me and will be booking treatment.

turbo 02-12-2008 11:57 AM

so glad to hear you started this trial...we are so lucky to be near UCSF...prayers for great results!