HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Linn65.. sister (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65285)

linn65 09-15-2016 03:22 AM

Linn65.. sister

Hi everyone, this is linn65 sister. I wanted to tell you that my sister linn65 passed away on September 10th. She had brain metastasis that just never could get under control. She had lesions too numerable too count diagnosed in september of last year. She had whole brain radiation and that helped her live for awhile but the truth is she was never the same.

I wanted to let you guys know about this. She and I read this forum diligently to search for a cure.

I am just now understanding the depth of the loss. I don't think I will get over her loss. She was my sister and almost like my daughter. I took care of her most of our lives. Through thick and thin we helped each other.

I was thinking last night about to be puppy dog story on this forum and realized I needed to let you guys know. I'm sorry that I have to.

In loving memory of linn65

Paula O 09-15-2016 04:06 AM

Re: Linn65.. sister

((((((Hugs))))))))

I'm so very, very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Paula

MaineRottweilers 09-15-2016 04:08 AM

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, self-professed, drama queen sister. She was the life of many animated threads here. She will be missed. Thank you for stopping in to let us know.

jra40 09-15-2016 06:46 AM

I am heartbroken to hear this news. I have been thinking about her and searched threads to see how she was doing. Thank you for letting us know, and I am so very sorry for you and your family.

Just so unfair, hate this disease...

Jessica

thinkpositive 09-15-2016 09:11 AM

I'm so sorry. My prayers go out to you and your family. It sounds like you and your sister were very close. I hope that all the happy memories that you shared together are a source of comfort for you as you adjust to life without her physical presence. She will continue to live on in you and those that she loved.

Take care,
Brenda

jaykay 09-15-2016 10:10 AM

I'm am so sorry to hear this news. I've been thinking about your sister for the past couple of months and hoped she was just living her life joyously.

My condolences to you and your family. Cancer sucks

Janis

IrvineFriend 09-15-2016 06:26 PM

Wow, I'm so very sorry for your loss. If it gives you any comfort, she was a GREAT friend to me and I miss her. She and texted for 9-hours straight through my first infusion ... she had just finished her treatments. So she was a real friend to other women going through breast cancer. My sympathy to your entire family, and especially her son as I know he was her life.
-Julie

DianaMK 09-16-2016 03:25 PM

So sorry for your loss. May all your wonderful memories comfort you.

Kkmom 09-16-2016 07:21 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Thank you for letting us know. Pam

roz123 09-17-2016 05:48 AM

my deepest condolences, another life lost to this horrible disease
prayers to you and your family

Mtngrl 09-17-2016 07:00 AM

I'm so sorry, Pam. What a loss for you, for her son, and for us.

It's just not fair.

Amy

Kim in CA 09-17-2016 11:12 AM

So sorry to hear about your sisters passing.

I lost my sister 3 years ago to a deadly brain glioblastoma a little over a year after diagnosis, and I am still in disbelief sometimes on how cruel cancer can be.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Laurel 09-17-2016 01:54 PM

Thank you for posting your sad news. We are a family here as you know and we deeply feel the loss of one of our own. Your sister was a warrior and I admired her pluck. I am sorry for your loss of a wonderful sister and for our loss of a wonderful friend.

suzan w 09-19-2016 06:37 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Cancer steals those we love. The puppy dog story you refer to was about my "friend" Full of Beans, a young woman I only knew through this forum...we met once in person when she and I were both in Seattle. She "disappeared" from the site, was not doing well. I have feared the worse. Will probably never know, because she did not have a sister like you...who could tell us about Linn...prayers for you and your family. Thank you!!

lkc Gumby 09-26-2016 11:31 AM

Thank you for letting us know. I am very sorry for your loss. Linn will be missed here..

tricia keegan 09-26-2016 11:38 AM

I also am so very sorry for your loss, Linn will be missed and thank you for letting us know, may she RIP.xx

SoCalGal 09-26-2016 11:42 PM

Thank you for posting and letting us know. I am so very sorry for your loss. May you all find the strength to remember only the good times.
Cancer is crap.
SoCalGal

StephN 09-27-2016 10:18 PM

My very deepest condolences. My heart goes out to you and the rest of her family. I am sure you two had so much fun together over the years, and she was extremely fortunate to have such a loving and close sister.

Carol Ann 09-30-2016 10:06 AM

I am so sorry. Thanks so much for posting, I had been wondering how she was doing. She will be greatly missed, we are as others have said, a family here. I know she was blessed to have you for her sister.

Cancer sucks.

Carol Ann

IrvineFriend 01-20-2017 01:35 AM

This is an older message but one I think we all deal with when we engage here. I was clearing out older messages from my personal email inbox and I had a very special and true connection with this woman who is no longer with us. I logged in after an absence to find out my friend is gone. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've been to funerals of those on this site, but I never got to say goodbye to someone I spoke with daily, who literally was with me via text every step of the way with my first infusion minute by minute for 8-hours (they were way too slow). We planned on a vacation together. When those we love on here get sick, they are dealing with their disease and we don't necessary get the details until they are gone and a loving family member tells us the devastating news.

We can say something nice to a family member but we all have varying levels of connections to those on this site. Some become like family, some are those we know from the words spoken in their posts. I have not had an experience such as this where someone I thought to be a friend for life is gone, and I knew things were not perfect, but never expected their life to end. I've also met people and reached out, but they were dealing with their disease and sadly heard of their death.

I guess this is just part of the deal of being part of a community of people who share our disease via the internet, but this has been very difficult for me. I think I played scrabble once since Denise's passing which was a daily occurrence, but I guess fundamentally, I've not had to grieve the loss of someone that I truly loved without some kind of closure. I would have created a separate email, but I couldn't figure it out as I'm tired.

I'm grateful to the family member that informed us that we lost another friend and support, but I would at least like to have a way to remember them like any good friend -- like flowers on their birthday or whatever. But because this is an internet site, we are left without closure.

Any words of how others have dealt with this, in a separate message would be appreciated. I don't feel bad about leaving this in this post as she was such a good friend and I want her family to know I miss her greatly and that she truly supported freely of those who were behind her in their journey.
-Julie