HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48323)

Sheila 01-06-2011 07:31 AM

About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...8.html&h=e4e00

ElaineM 01-06-2011 11:29 AM

Re: About my new Miracle Drug, Eribulen (Halaven)

I am so happy for you Sheila.
Here is another link.
www.halaven.com

tricia keegan 01-06-2011 12:40 PM

I've been following your sucess with this drug on FB too Sheila and so happy for you:)

StephN 01-06-2011 12:46 PM

That article makes clear just how long it took to get from the initial research to patient use - "nearly three decades."

We know this is just ONE of many such research projects out there which may hold even better keys to various disease processes. Hope springs eternal in my mind!

My city is full of biotech companies that pop up like mushrooms! Some "hit" and others go down in flames taking a huge amount of venture capital with them ...

mmoons 01-06-2011 03:11 PM

Sheila-

I am not on Facebook much but you have been in my thoughts recently and in my prayers always.

What exceptional news to hear your are having good results!!! I am so happy to hear this!!

Love,
Maureen

Ellie F 01-06-2011 03:28 PM

Hi Sheila
I am not on facebook either but wanted to send special thoughts that this new drug is helping you to heal so well.

Hugs
Ellie

KirisMum 01-06-2011 03:46 PM

This is so interesting, Sheila. I am captivated by this kind of research and information. So delighted it is working for you. What can we, as laypeople, do to contritribute to and support this line of research? I would love to help in some way.

More power and progress to you!!

Pam P 01-07-2011 04:41 AM

Sheila - It makes me so happy that this new chemo is working so well for you! Pam

sassy 01-08-2011 08:07 AM

Sheila,

Your response to the drug is so exciting! I'm glad that the effectiveness we were "seeing" in San Antonio has continued!

ElaineM 01-08-2011 11:45 AM

Are you taking Halaven with Herceptin or by itself?

Karen Wheel 01-08-2011 12:14 PM

Thank you for sharing - good article - I shared it just now on Facebook from my page.

Let us know how you are doing - I am also curious about Herceptin if you are taking this with this new drug...

Karen

Sheila 01-08-2011 05:22 PM

Thank you all for all the support, I would not be where i am without each and every one of you... for those who asked, yes, I am taking it with Herceptin...I get the Eribulen day 1 and day 8, then skip a week, and get the Herceptin every 3 weeks.....so far, so good. They did add IV Compazine and IV Zofran to my mix last week, and it has really helped. Feeling much better....hair is gone, but thats the least of my worries...ITS WORKING. I will get CT's in another week or so to check on the internal nodes.....

Gerri 01-08-2011 05:29 PM

Wow! Who thinks of these things? I am so thrilled for you and can't wait for your update!

Patb 01-08-2011 05:52 PM

Great news, wow so many new and wonderful drugs.
Keep up the good news and keep us posted.
patb

Pam P 01-09-2011 04:38 AM

Praying that this drug will bring ti to NED. Pam

Trish 01-09-2011 04:16 PM

Fantastic news! So good to know there are more options for us in the future too. But most of all it is good to hear you are so well. Who needs hair anyway? I'm currently bald for the fourth time. I'm sure there will be hair in our future.
Trish

Jackie07 01-09-2011 06:00 PM

Oh Sheila, I love the words 'ITS WORKING'...

Unregistered 01-10-2011 09:44 PM

Sheila: I am desperate to find out the results of your Ct/Pet due soon after your taking Halaven for a while. I am in about your same situation, done T-DM1 [kicked out for other reasons than yours], I am now on HERCEPTIN, TYKERB, XELODA, FASLODEX, ZOMETA, and it is not working, I am practically at the "end of the road", I have had just about every drug. My oncologist says he would start me on HALAVEN, but only if I PRE-SIGN TO AGREE to pay in full for it if my insurances dont approve to pay for it. He says that they may refuse to pay for it because I never had an antracycline. My insurances are Medicare and Tricare for Life. I need to get started on it as soon as possible as my skin mets are progressing rapidly, and I am quite aprehensive on pre-committing myself to such exorbitant medical expense, he says it would costs me, if I pay directly, $14,300 per treatment, at twice every 21 days=$343,200 per year[?]. I so look forward to you posting of your test results. It may help me make a decision. Meanwhile I am very happy for you that you have such good results with the medication. Thank you. Patricia

Jean 01-10-2011 10:14 PM

Sheila,
My heart is lifted with joy and hope - may the Gods continue to watch over you and continue to bless you.

Big hugs!
Jean

SoCalGal 01-10-2011 11:54 PM

Sheila the strength you exhibit in this tiring fight is such a huge inspiration. So glad the Halaven is working!