HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Waiting (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63891)

MaineRottweilers 10-08-2015 04:51 AM

The Waiting

Two hours from now I will be sitting in that dread room listening to the report pathology from CT guided bone biopsy. Anxiety.

DianaMK 10-08-2015 06:45 AM

Re: The Waiting

Sorry you are going thru this. Sending prayers.

Becky 10-08-2015 10:43 AM

I am wondering if this bone met is now hormone positive. Hormone positive bc loves the bones and 1/3 of mets are different than the primary as "life finds a way"

My thoughts are with you during this scary time. We are all here for you. Once you know, a treatment plan will be set up for you and you'll be on your way to NED again.

jaykay 10-08-2015 11:13 AM

Oh crap! Thoughts are with you...

Janis

thinkpositive 10-08-2015 12:01 PM

I'm so sorry. The stress associated with this disease is overwhelming and the waiting is the toughest. I'm sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Take care,
Brenda

MaineRottweilers 10-08-2015 12:50 PM

Becky, you nailed it. The cancer has changed, It is still Her2 but now it is also PR+ (40-60%). I have a PET scan scheduled for next week to see if it has spread anywhere else. I will see my radiation oncologist to discuss radiation as a possibility though there are a number of lesions in my spine, and possibly my neck, only one lesion is causing significant pain/damage.

Depending on the outcome of the PET, we will decide if systemic treatment is necessary. Arimidex and Herceptins are absolutes. I guess I shouldn't have taken my port out so soon. Sooooo..... still waiting.

Becky 10-08-2015 03:03 PM

Well those 2 targeted therapies will certainly help alot. Sorry for the pain. Back pain is the worst. Can they give you something to help until therapy kicks in a shrinks those buggars to oblivion?

Carol Ann 10-08-2015 04:37 PM

Oh I am so sorry. :( THIS SUCKS ... I am with Becky, can they give you anything for pain??!!

Carol Ann

dchips1 10-09-2015 12:35 AM

Be very careful with spine radiation . It can only handle so much radiation. If I had known now back a couple years ago. I would have cyberknife to spine . At an active center. My spinal mets wrapped up inside spinal cord. The first radiation they did front and back . Wrong move. Students helping and now they are no longer in business
The cyberknife is a robotic arm that moves around you no tattoo
Peace and prayers
Darita

MaineRottweilers 10-10-2015 02:32 AM

Pain is well managed with meloxicam and tramadol at this point. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, thank God for small favors. I am more plagued by my lack of mobility, balance and frequent stumbling.

Darita, thank you for the informative tip. I will ask about cyberknife. I may have to travel to Boston for it but if it's only a few treatments, that is very doable.

Anyone care to give me some insight on how/why the cancer has changed? It's not something I thought to ask at the time we went over my pathology. I was rather overwhelmed.

Pat94 10-10-2015 05:01 AM

I am not sure anyone knows why, just that it frequently does. Mine still strongly HER2 but went from hormone negative to low positive estrogen (5%) at recurrence. At least your's jumped enough to make hormone therapy worthwhile. Mine is so low it probably isn't worthwhile but I get to risk all the side effects anyway. Good luck with all your treatments, especially your spine.