HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tomorrow, May 8, 2008 is my final Herceptin!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33891)

caya 05-07-2008 12:53 PM

Tomorrow, May 8, 2008 is my final Herceptin!!

Tomorrow is a big day for me - it's # 17 of 17 Herceptin infusions. I am really looking forward to it, needless to say.

When I was first diagnosed with Her2+ BC, I honestly thought I might not make it through. Of course the HERA trials showing the great success of Herceptin came out shortly before I started chemo in Jan. 2007 and I could see that just maybe I would be "okay" after all.
Finding this wonderful website with all pertinent information, the latest meds, treatments etc. for Her2+ has been an incredible part of my journey. I want to thank all the "warriors" who so graciously gave their insights and cheered me on... Our dear Kate The Great was one. I shall miss her terribly, as I know we all will.

So thanks again to everyone here. I am very hopeful of remaining NED for the next 40 years or so.

all the best
caya

Alyce 05-07-2008 01:07 PM

treatment complete!

HI Caya-
Congratulations on finishing herceptin. I finished chemo on April 15 and started radiation this week, herceptin every 3 weeks now.
I hope all goes well for you!!!!
Alyce

PinkGirl 05-07-2008 01:32 PM

Congratulations on this milestone Caya!!!
Enjoy your new found freedom. I am very happy for you.

Brenda S 05-07-2008 01:34 PM

Caya,
Congratulations! I begin with my first TCH next Tuesday, May 13. I'm looking forward to posting my last infusion this time next year!
Brenda

Jean 05-07-2008 02:11 PM

Caya,
I am smiling reading your post. Congratulations and
I truly understand how you felt and now feel.

God Bless,
Jean

lilyecuadorian 05-07-2008 02:13 PM

great !!! God Bless you always Love ,Lily

DonnaD 05-07-2008 02:21 PM

Caya,
Congrats!

You will feel strange for a few weeks, but will come to love the freedom.

We went out to a lovely dinner with my brother and sister in law. I hope you celebrate in some special way also. You desire it!

Donna

CindyE 05-07-2008 02:30 PM

Caya,
What a wonderful day for you! I'll be thinking of you as I start my first Herceptin tomorrow. It's kind of ironic that one warrior finishes her journey while another begins hers. Take care,

Cindy

chrisy 05-07-2008 02:51 PM

Caya,

congratulations on putting this phase in the rearview mirror. You will probably miss your infusions and find yourself not knowing what day or week it is...but you'll get over that!!!!!

I agree....time to celebrate

goops 05-07-2008 04:06 PM

Congratulation Caya - I bet it will feel great to finally be done.

Leslie's sister 05-07-2008 04:43 PM

congrats

congratulations Caya!

I remember that day for my sister as well. Almost seems surreal to finally reach that milestone. I am celebrating with you.

Lisa

Mary Anne in TX 05-07-2008 04:45 PM

Celebration Time!!!!! You might miss the routine for a few weeks and then you'll just leap and jump for joy!!!! Congratulations!

Becky 05-07-2008 06:10 PM

Congratulations Caya. You will feel a bit out of sorts and alittle weepy but it passes quick. I went to a wine tasting :) You will think about it in 3 weeks when it is time to go for an infusion but you don't have anymore.

Then, it will become a thing of the past.

I will be with you in that infusion room tomorrow. My mom always told me when I was scared or nervous to dream of babies and angels so that is what I am going to tell you to do too.

Mary Jo 05-07-2008 06:34 PM

Hi Caya....Thanks for sharing your special May 8th, final herceptin date. We love to rejoice with our sisters and brothers.

It's a huge day for you......a special finality......and one "finality" that won't take long to adjust too.

Congratulations Caya...........God Bless you..

Mary Jo

Paty 05-07-2008 06:39 PM

Caya,

Good for you! I finished my year of Herceptin two months ago and I know how good it feels. Celebrate!!

Soccermom 05-07-2008 06:43 PM

Mazel Tov,Caya!
Big hugs,Marcia

sassy 05-07-2008 06:47 PM

Big Congrats, Caya.

It will be good to have it behind you!

Joan M 05-07-2008 06:55 PM

Hi Caya,

Congratulations on finishing Herceptin!

Joan

karen z 05-07-2008 07:22 PM

Caya,
I remember both my last chemo day (how could I forget- the nurses put a chemo queen crown on my head and took a picture of me- I'd like to know where in the world that picture landed) and my last herceptin day. After my last herceptin treatment, I just couldn't believe that I did not have to visit the chemo room again- it did feel absolutely surreal. But, like everyone has told you, you will be so happy with your new found freedom!!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow- you should definitely celebrate in some way. Congratulations!
Best,
Karen

kareneg 05-07-2008 07:34 PM

Dear Caya,

I am so happy for you my friend, I pray this will be the end of Herceptin and the begining to a long and healy happy long life!