HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Mom Passed Away Tonight (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23856)

Lolly 05-19-2006 11:20 PM

My Mom Passed Away Tonight

My mom was 76 and full of life, but a year ago was diagnosed with an inoperable aortic aneurysm, the same condition that John Ritter died of so suddenly. My mom has lived the last year of her life fully and richly, and the topper was this last Mother's Day she sang a beautiful solo at her little community church, with all three of us daughters there.
Now suddenly, she's gone, but it was as she wished with little fuss. A kiss on the heart from God.
I want you all to know I'll be thinking of you and praying for you daily, but I'll be taking a break from the board for a while until things are settled. Love and Hugs, Lolly

lexigirl 05-19-2006 11:31 PM

Oh Lolly,

Please accept my deepest sympathy. I am happy to read that your Mom lived her life richly. Know that you will see her again...

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

Maryanne 05-20-2006 04:33 AM

Please know both you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maryanne

tammymarie1971 05-20-2006 04:47 AM

Lolly..My deepest sympathy for you at this time....So sorry about your Mom!! You described it all so poetically.
Tammy

Sheila 05-20-2006 05:11 AM

Lolly
I am so sorry about the loss of your Mother....it sounds as though her last days were beautiful and full of love, which is all any of us can ask for....our Moms are our mentors, and she did a perfect job with you....you can feel the love in every post you make.
Remembering you and your family

SherryS 05-20-2006 05:18 AM

Lolly, my sympathies and thoughts are with you and your family. I lost my mom 9 years ago very suddenly to the same thing. It sounds to me like your mother lived her life the way life was meant to be lived. That is a blessing.

emmasmom 05-20-2006 05:23 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family are in my prayers. Take care of yourself as well!

Lisa

Barbara H. 05-20-2006 06:43 AM

Lolly,
I just want to extend my deepest sympathy. My uncle died of the same thing with no warning. My thoughts will be with you and take time to do what you need to do.
Barbara H.

Toril 05-20-2006 07:09 AM

Dear Lolly!
My deepest sympathy. Take care of yourself.
Toril

Sherry in WV 05-20-2006 08:20 AM

Lolly, so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you. Now your Mom is your Gardian Angel. I lost my Dad 2 years ago (My Mom over 25 yrs ago) and I know the mixed feelings your are going through. Don't forget to take care of yourself.
Love n Peace
Sherry

CherylS 05-20-2006 08:25 AM

Lolly - I confirm what Sheila said. Your posts are always filled with compassion, love and honesty - all gifts I am sure were bestowed upon you by your mom. I could almost hear her singing in that little church. May the peace and presence of God surround you and your family as you grieve your loss, but remember, for those who love God, it is their gain. Absent from the body is to be present with Christ, eternally.

Shell 05-20-2006 08:28 AM

Lolly-

I am so sorry to hear about your mom - how comforting to have had a recent Mother's Day with her - you will be in our thoughts and prayers

take care,
Shell

IRENE FROM TAMPA 05-20-2006 10:09 AM

My deepest sympathy

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your mother.

Losing a mother is very difficult. I lost mine 9 years ago and there are times still that I go to reach for the phone to call her. I have very special memories of my mother and all the things we did together and that gives me a lot of comfort.

My comfort come your way - and it will.

Take care Lolly.

Kim in CA 05-20-2006 11:07 AM

Dearest Lolly,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Moms are such a special part of our lives and I know your Mom will be greatly missed. Sending heartfelt prayers your way.

Love, Kim

al from Canada 05-20-2006 11:09 AM

I lost my mom a few years ago and I feel absolutley horrible for you. Life just isn't fair and sometimes I wonder if this isn't some kind of cruel test.

Please pass on my condolenscese to your wonderful family and esp. to you.
Just remember, your mom wants you to survive and will smile upon you every day you continue her legacy.
regrets.
Al and kids

rinaina 05-20-2006 11:37 AM

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy in memory of your mother. May you find the comfort you need in your family and friends. I am happy she passed in the way she had hoped for and what a wonderful last memory she created for you on Mother's Day. I lost my mother 4 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her or wish I could share something with her. Take care.

Rina

jsattaw 05-20-2006 11:48 AM

Lolly --

I'm so sorry for your loss and reading your message about her singing in church on Mother's day really brought tears to my eyes. I hope we can all live fully until that day our Lord calls us to join him.

Peace be with you and your family at this difficult time.

Jill

Cathya 05-20-2006 12:48 PM

Lolly;

I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.....it must also have been a very difficult year for you and your family just knowing of her condition. Your mother sounds like a very spiritual, strong woman chosing to use this time as an example of love of family and community. Having had her as a mother is truly a blessing. Take care.

Cathy

jag 05-20-2006 12:53 PM

Lolly-sorry To Read About Your Mom Passing....

Jean 05-20-2006 02:47 PM

Sorry

Dearest Lolly,
I was saddened to read your post about the passing of your Mother.
You stated how happy she lived her life - what a joy for you and your family to have warm and loving memories! I send my deepest sympanthy on your great loss.

Frondly,
Jean