HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41138)

Colleens_Husband 09-19-2009 10:55 AM

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Finally! It's here, the best holiday of the entire year. So its time to open the chest of your lexicon and pull out a few 'Yaharrrs' and some 'me heartys' to tack onto the end of a sentence every now and then. Colleen has already put the Jolly Roger on the flag pole. A few pirate jokes are always a plus. Youngest son Miles is going to a pirate festival under the St. Johns Bridge and his goal is to score a pirate hat.

So in order to get you into the mood, I have a recipe for a pirate drink.

1 Mango
1 Pineapple
1 bottle of rot gut rum (the kind that gives you a headache)
1 small folding paper umbrella

Cut up the mango and pineapple into 1 inch cubes. Feed the mango and pineapple to your parrot. Drink the rum. Stab the first disagreeable person you come across with the umbrella.

chrisy 09-19-2009 07:18 PM

Re: September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day

arrrrgh matey...better put some aspirin in there too!

freyja 09-19-2009 07:46 PM

And if yer feelin a bit scurvy eat a lime!

hutchibk 09-19-2009 10:42 PM

Aye, anythin' with rum is fine by me and the parrot. A pence for an old (wo)man o'de sea?

Oh, and how much did it cost the pirate to get his ears pierced?

A buccaneer!

Bill 09-20-2009 03:20 PM

"There is no 'try'. It's only what a man can, or can't do." paraphrasing Captain Jack Sparrow.

Bill 09-20-2009 03:24 PM

There's some sort of Hallowe'en joke about a boy that mixes up his "B's" and "F's" and he dresses like a pirate or something and goes up to the door and the homeowner asks where his buccaneers are..........

Colleens_Husband 09-20-2009 04:39 PM

How does a pirate raise his main mast? He uses a wench.

(This is a joke youngest daughter Ma'ire brought home from the sixth grade.)

freyja 09-20-2009 07:39 PM

Jack Sparrow has something in common with my other hero, Yoda, "do or do not, there is no try."
I use it often, so now my six year old gets me back all the time, whenever I say I'll try he says, "don't try Mom, DO!"
So was Yoda a pirate, or was Jack Sparrow a Jedi?

Colleens_Husband 09-20-2009 08:51 PM

Freyja:

Probably a little bit of both except for Jack Sparrow being a Jedi.

The two youngest kids, Miles and Ma'ire, helped break the Guiness Book of World Records mark for most pirates in 100 meter by 100 meter space today. The old record was 1,200 pirates and today there were 1,590 pirates in the small space. Everybody had to have a sword, an eye-patch, and a pirate hat to qualify. I hope they are proud of the fact that they helped break a world record. Arrrr, me hearties!