HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Light a candle for Lisa tonight (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26367)

MGordon 12-16-2006 10:07 PM

Light a candle for Lisa tonight

Angels -

News is not good in Colorado right now. After an absolutely terrible night spent with the home hospice nurse, this morning we had to move Lisa into in-patient hospice. In short, her bowels, intestines, and stomach have all stopped functioning and we are left with only alleviating her pain and misery. As I type Lisa is getting the first real sleep she has had in several days/nights - all in a super-dosed morphine induced haze.

The doctor has given us a prognosis of "days" and we are gathering friends and family to the hospice center. We can no longer provide her with any food/drink as anything that goes into the stomach worsens her condition.

Please light a candle for Lisa and remember her courage and love. Carry on her fight! She loves all of you and would be typing to you all now if she were able.

I wlll to my best to keep you all posted but my greif comes in waves and I am so numb I cannot promise much.

Love and Light
Mel

suzan w 12-16-2006 10:11 PM

so sorry to hear this, Mel. I have lit a special candle for you both.

Lolly 12-16-2006 10:27 PM

Oh Mel and Lisa, I'm in tears reading your missive. Words are inadequate to express my feelings, but you are both in my prayers tonight.
Love and Light.

<3 Lolly

Chelee 12-16-2006 10:32 PM

Mel, Finding the right words at a time like this is so difficult, if not impossible. I just want you to know how truly sorry I am to hear this. I can't even imagine what Lisa and you are all going through right now. This just breaks my heart to hear such news.

I will certainly have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Bev 12-16-2006 10:32 PM

Candle is lit. So sorry. I'm having a hard time with words. Don't worry about posting for us. Do what you need to do. Bev

tousled1 12-16-2006 10:54 PM

Mel,

I don't know what to say but rest assured Lisa will be in my prayers. I can only imagine the pain and anguish that you and the family are now enduring. I will pray for a miracle.

StephN 12-16-2006 10:55 PM

Power outage

Mel -
We are experiencing a long power outage and the oil lamps and candles have been lit since you first posted about Lisa. I have been calling them "Lisa's lights."
I am now at my sister's where they have power, but left one lit when we left our house. I had hope for Lisa.

This is undoubtedly the worst time in your life, and we appreciate a few moments to let us know what has happened.

Sending you both all the love and light we can muster.

Tom 12-17-2006 02:06 AM

God bless you Mel for the boundless love and caring of your dear Lisa. I pray that He will give you both strength as you walk this difficult path together. Remind her how much we here all love her.

Sincerely,
Tom

lili7 12-17-2006 02:12 AM

Lisa

So sorry to hear the news. Will lit the candle and think of Lisa, you and the whole family. Love and eternal peace.

chrislmelb 12-17-2006 02:27 AM

Mel and Lisa, thinking of you in this hard time.

Christine

RhondaH 12-17-2006 02:56 AM

Mel...

nothing I say could take away your grief so I won't even try. Lisa has been such a GREAT source of support and love to many (she has ALWAYS held a special place in my heart). My prayers will continue with her, you and your family and friends. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

tricia keegan 12-17-2006 03:07 AM

Done!
...And I'm so sorry to hear this news.
I pray Lisa will be comfortable and free of pain.
Thinking of you both at this sad time.
Tricia

Merridith 12-17-2006 03:42 AM

My candle is lit. Our house is now full of of light and love.

My condolences to you Mel.

Merridith

lightsteve 12-17-2006 06:54 AM

Our thoughts are with Lisa, family and friends. Candles are burning.

Steve and Sarah

Kimberly Lewis 12-17-2006 07:57 AM

I am joining in with everyone here as we lift you up.... Thanks to you both for being such a wonderful supportive part of this site.
candle is lit here in NC...kim

saleboat 12-17-2006 08:05 AM

I'm heartbroken to hear all that Lisa and you are enduring. I'm lighting a candle for Lisa, and wishing the both of you some peace and comfort.

Jen

Mary Anne in TX 12-17-2006 08:06 AM

Mel, your courage is amazing to me. I light my candle to you both with love and light, as much as I have in me. May God bless your faithfulness and may He come for Lisa in His perfect timing. May the angels surround you with love and strength. Thank you for being you.

kimber 12-17-2006 08:17 AM

Candle is lit. I pray that her suffering will end. She deserves peace now. My heart is breaking. No one deserves this kind of suffering. We have to continue the fight to find a cure.

God bless you Mel. - kim

PatS 12-17-2006 08:30 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this news....wishing comfort and peace to Lisa and her family.

Candle has been lit...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

janet/FL 12-17-2006 08:51 AM

Mel
Lisa has always been an inspiration to me. The two of you still are. May she go peacefully knowing how much she was loved by those left behind.
I will light a candle.
Janet