HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any one hear from Vicki H. ? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45100)

Yorkiegirl 05-10-2010 04:19 PM

Any one hear from Vicki H. ?

I have been thinking about Vicki H., does anyone know how she is doing??

Ellie F 05-11-2010 02:58 AM

Re: Any one hear from Vicki H. ?

I have also been thinking a lot about Vickie, Sheila and Pam. Would be glad for any news.

Ellie

Leslie304 05-12-2010 09:14 AM

I've been thinking of her as well. If anyone has heard from her please let us know. Thanks! Meanwhile, lots of prayers headed her way.

Sheila 05-13-2010 06:34 AM

Vicki and Pam...thinking of both of you and hoping we will here from you soon!

Unregistered 05-13-2010 07:26 AM

Just want to send my love and prayers to both Vicki and Pam. ma

mmoons 05-17-2010 09:11 AM

Sending love and prayers too! I think about Vicki often...and Pam too....and all of you!

Maureen

Pam P 05-17-2010 09:27 AM

Hi - it's Pam checking in, doing okay. Haven't heard from Vicki either. Sheila, good to see your post. Thanks all for your your thoughts!

DanaRT 05-20-2010 02:49 PM

Wondering too.

About 15 months ago Vickie H generously shared left over meds with a woman I knew of, Kim Fernandez, who needed help getting drugs OK'd by Anthem (Sheila knows this scenerio all too well...).
Kim came on the boards pleading for help and ideas. Kim passed away Tuesday. It made me think of Vickie H's generosity.

This is the thread http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37836

Love,
Dana

Mary Anne in TX 05-20-2010 04:25 PM

Praying for Vicki. Such a precious person. ma

Ellie F 05-21-2010 01:58 AM

Sending my prayers also. Vickie H is such a generous compassonate person. I am hoping for a miracle.
Ellie

Terri B 06-29-2010 01:26 PM

Is there any updates here? I'm very worried about Vicky H.

Mary Anne in TX 06-29-2010 03:54 PM

I've tried to find out over the last couple of weeks, but with no results. Someone please let us know about Vicki. ma

schoolteacher 07-02-2010 11:17 AM

Hope to hear from Vickie soon.

Amelia

Jackie07 07-02-2010 07:32 PM

On the Memeber List, her 'Last post date' says 'N/A'. I wondered if Joe knows anything about it. She hasn't posted anything since mid February.

Chelee 07-03-2010 02:42 AM

I got in touch with her back in Feb., I will try again...maybe I can get an update from Cap? But I know she expressed how difficult this was for him too obviously. I know last time she wrote me things were not going well for her. She told me not to worry about her...and expressed how much she cared about all of us. She said some people have yrs ahead of them and others don't. She said she had to accept that and hold tightly to her brothers and sisters and let God carry her home. She also expressed she got teary eye'd when she thought of all of us...she loves us all so much. (She gave me permission to share this with you...just wanted all to know I'm not saying anything out of confidence.)

For all of you that know Vicky she has such a big heart and is one of the most compassionate and caring people I've met. We shared PM's and she is such an awesome lady...not a day goes by I don't think of her. Always there to advise, support or just add comfort to anyone in need. I pray she is ok...but the last time we spoke things just weren't good. If I hear from her I'll let you all know.

Chelee

ElaineM 07-05-2010 10:05 AM

If anyone hears from Vickie please tell her we are all thinking of her and hoping she is better. I have my fingers crossed too !!!!!!!!

Leslie304 09-29-2010 01:32 PM

I got an email from Vickie a few weeks ago. She broke her hip and hasn't been able to get up her stairs to her computer. She finally "crawled up" to check her mail. She sends everyone her love. As usual she is full of concern for everyone here. Sadly I must tell you, the doctors have told her there is no more they can do for her. I know all of our hearts break for her. She has given so much to all of us. I told her we are all keeping her in our prayers. It goes without saying of course, but I wanted her to know.

ElaineM 09-29-2010 03:34 PM

Yes !! By all means we are thinking of Vickie and wish her the very best. I hope the doctors can do something about her hip, at least temporarily. Can she apply for T DM1?

Chelee 09-29-2010 05:08 PM

Elaine,
I posted an update about Vickie not too long ago. She did break her hip in June. She was in the hospital for four wks and got to go home to a hospital bed they have set up for her in the front room. I'm sure they just let her hip heal since at this time they can't do any more for her. But she told me she was at home and comfortable. And as always she loves & misses us all. She didn't want anyone worrying about her. (That's our dear, sweet Vicky for you.)

As to the T-DM1...she did go out to a trial in Idaho I believe it was? I can't remember if TDM1 didn't work for her...or if they wouldn't allow her to stay in the trial due other medical issues. I've have to look that up? But she did try it..that much I do know. (If your out there and see this Vicky...sending you all my love!) Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.

Chelee

StephN 09-29-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks a lot to Leslie and Chelee for telling us about VickieH. There has been no direct word from her for quite a while, but I do recall Cap saying that the T-DM1 nearly cleared her skin mets in just a few treatments.
Maybe the broken hip prevented her from traveling and getting any more of that drug?

Many gentle hugs and prayers going out to Vickie and her family.