HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~It Won't Be Long Now! Poor Mighty Oak!!~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41167)

Believe51 09-21-2009 07:05 PM

~It Won't Be Long Now! Poor Mighty Oak!!~

It won't be long now. I ask for pleasant peaceful thoughts and prayers as we walk to the end of this journey. He told me he is not going to make it any more than a few days.

Please pray for him to be taken quickly, he is so sick and frail. Hospice has different views this week. I am losing him to the _____ing disease and I am bitter and angry!!

A part of me feels already dead as I watch this disease steal what little is left. I am so lost and broken I do not know how I am going to make it through.

FU cancer, I will never be done with you!!! I have not even touched you yet!!

Yorkiegirl 09-21-2009 07:42 PM

Re: ~It Won't Be Long Now! Poor Mighty Oak!!~

Oh Marie DAMN, DAMN this DAMN CANCER. Please know that you and Ed remain in prayers.

I pray this end of the jouney is peaceful for Ed.

I wish I was close to just give a a big hug. Please know many, many prayers are being said.

caya 09-21-2009 07:48 PM

Sweet Marie

My thoughts are with you and Ed, I am praying for a peaceful passage for Ed.

You are stronger than you know, you will make it through - we will all be here whenever you need us.

xo
caya

Patty F 09-21-2009 07:51 PM

I am also praying for a peaceful passing. Marie please know that you and Ed are loved.

jml 09-21-2009 07:59 PM

Praying for serenity for Ed and may you both find comfort & peace in the love you share and will always live in your heart.

God bless, Marie through this transition.
Stay strong, sister and when you can't, lean hard.
We are all here for you~

Jessica

Brenda_D 09-21-2009 08:20 PM

Marie, I pray for peace for both of you. You've both been through so much, I pray for a peaceful end.

notamrnpsn 09-21-2009 08:39 PM

Dear Marie, my heart breaks for you both. you have fought the good fight as they say. I really hope that your Mighty Oak slips away peacefully and you are by his side like always. you truly were a great team. This damn disease sucks, too many good people suffer.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, Jeanette

Faith in Him 09-21-2009 09:10 PM

Marie,

I'm am praying for Ed and I pray that you find comfort in the love that you share. We're always here for you.

Tonya

ElaineM 09-21-2009 09:17 PM

I add my prayer for Mighty Oak - Ed. Hugs to both of you !!
Marie you will be okay.

ElaineM 09-21-2009 09:27 PM

I add my prayer for Mighty Oak - Ed. Hugs to both of you !!
Marie you will be okay.

alicem 09-21-2009 09:35 PM

Marie,

My prayers are on their way.

Alice

mcgle 09-22-2009 01:24 AM

I have been following your story, Marie, though rarely post anymore, but just had to add my hope that your husband's passing will be as peaceful as possible, and that you may gain strength and support from all the wonderful women on this site.

Mcgle (UK)

Pam P 09-22-2009 03:37 AM

I have no words to convey my sorrow for what you and Ed are facing - my thoughts and prayers are going out to you both.

whatz 09-22-2009 04:13 AM

My words fail. My heart breaks for you. May god comfort you both. Prayers and hugs.

Mary Anne in TX 09-22-2009 04:54 AM

Marie, I'm praying that God sends many angels to circle Ed's bed and your heart. May they lift you beyond the hurt and give you minutes of comfort and peace as you have done for Ed so many times. So many prayers fill the heavens for ya girl. One minute at a time with God's angels and the warriors prayers and love. May you be chased down by blessings for the love and care you have given Ed and all of us. Luv U muchly, ma

Lori R 09-22-2009 05:01 AM

Dear Marie and Ed,
You both continue to be an incredible example of how beautiful a loving relationship can be. A supportive partnership through the journey we all are on.

Marie, please take comfort in the knowledge that Ed will ALWAYS be your partner, supporting you through your upcoming challanges. You might not be able to see him but he WILL be here for you. I am hoping you can tap into that knowledge that you will not be alone.

I am pleased to hear you say that you are going to continue to fight this X*&# disease on behalf of Ed and all of your sisters and brothers who love you so dearly.

Blessings to you and Ed....Love....Lori

Unregistered 09-22-2009 05:17 AM

((((((((((((((((((((((Marie))))))))))))))))))))))) )

Mighty Oak has had a long hard battle and he fought it with all he had, and you fought this battle with him. May the end be peaceful and gentle.

Your in my every thought and pray, please call if you need anything.

Randi

Soccermom 09-22-2009 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/C:\...ts\My PicturesFrom me as well,Ed and Marie

alicem 09-22-2009 06:30 AM

Marie,

You know my heart and so I hope you accept that what I write here is with the best of intentions. I just feel the need to share this with you in hopes that it will be helpful.

As I shared with everyone here, my father died on April 4th - he was 88. We had called in hospice on April 2nd. At that time, they told us he was in the "pre-active" stage of dying and that he would pass in about 2 weeks. As it was, the whole family was in town so we went to Houston to be with him. On Saturday, my brother and I spent the morning with him and I remained as my brother went home for lunch. After he left, I had the best conversation with my dad - even though he had had a stroke and couldn't speak. (He could squeeze my hand to let him know he understood.) I talked to him about all that you might imagine one would say at a time like this. Most importantly, I told him that even though we would miss him terribly - we would be okay after he was gone. I told him that mom (who died Sept. '09) was waiting for him & I knew he had missed her terribly and was ready to be with her; we were prepared for him to join her. At this, his eyes filled with tears. He actually looked up towards an upper corner of the room. I believe he could see my mom. I then made 4 phone calls to his brother and 3 sisters. I told them what was going on and that dad couldn't speak but he could listen. One at a time, they were each able to give their love to him and to tell him goodbye. I could tell by the expression on his face that he heard them. During the last phone call with his youngest sister, his expression changed and I suddenly realized that he had passed. I was at first shocked because I thought we had more time, but then I realized I had given him permission to die and I truly believe that made a big difference.

Marie, I only share this because you are praying for a quick end with little suffering. You have probably already had a similar conversation with your Mighty Oak. But even though I have only known you since I met you at this forum in January, I feel like I have known you AND Ed much longer. I thought there might be a small chance that he is hanging on for you and his love for you.

Finally, when my mom died ten years ago, I had no idea what the dying process was like and was really caught off guard. I wanted to be more prepared when my dad took this journey. I found the following link from Hospice that described both the "preactive" and the "active" stage of dying. I am including it for you in the hope that it will be helpful.

http://organizedwisdom.com/helpbar/index.html?return=http://organizedwisdom.com/Physical_Stages_of_Dying&url=www.hospicepatients.o rg/hospic60.html

You are both, as always, in my prayers. We are all with you in spirit even though we can't be with you in person.

With deep love, and respect ----- Alice

RhondaH 09-22-2009 06:52 AM

Marie...peace for both Mighty Oak and you...HUGGS!!!!Take care and God bless.