HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56983)

tammymarie1971 01-06-2013 01:28 AM

update

Hi ladies, Things are going better around my neck of the woods....I had tdm-1 #3 on Thursday...Tumor markers have come down from 399 to 314 so not huge dramatics but the right direction for sure...Bilirubin which was 300+ when I was in the hospital early December is now 50!! so that is good. Ast & Alt are also coming down...this is so encouraging..considering they said I wouldn't make it to Christmas....I am grateful however for the "dress rehearsal" that the time in the hospital gave to my husband and our 4 kids..As hard as it was on them it gave us all a chance to say what we wanted and just show how we really felt...It broke my heart to see them so upset...but I know they will be ok ..eventually... and that my family and church family really know how to step up!!!WOW...
However it appears that the Lord has other plans for me right now!
So I will continue to take care of my family with new ghusto... and enjoy the time however long...
I am slowly weaning myself off of most meds too..with doctor permission and that is helping mental health...However the ammonia in the blood work went up by 10 pts and I do notice it...there are some hazy times and I find it hard to hold conversations for long especially with some people...I do have an appointment to see a liver surgeon on Tuesday so maybe he also has a plan for how to drain things??? I do take lactulose which is supposed to help get rid of the ammonia through the bowels, but it seems to be taking forever to get my mind totally clear...
Anyway overall I wanted to share this optimistic news with you dear ladies and give a boost to whoever just might needed to hear a little hopeful news!
Happy New Year!!
Tammy

Bunty 01-06-2013 04:31 AM

Re: update

Tammy, so good to read your amazing post. Wishing you continued wellness.
Cheers Marie

chrisy 01-06-2013 04:29 PM

Tammy,
Wondrful news, and a great way to start off a new year, especially since "they" told you not to expect to see it.

I guess all bets are off now, eh? Praying things keep heading in the right direction and that you continue to feel better.

Thanks for the inspiration:)

Emy 01-06-2013 07:43 PM

Tammy
Glad to hear that you are doing better...my tumor markers started increasing, now 55, and the spot on my liver increased in size...I have an appt with a liver surgeon on Tuesday also...

Joanne S 01-06-2013 10:50 PM

Tammy, Wow you have been through so much. I truly believe the worse effect cancer has on us is the emotional effect on us and our families.
Tammy, Bunty, Chrissy and Emy, I wish you continued improvement.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Happy New Year! Joanne

yanyan 01-06-2013 10:57 PM

Congratulations Tammy!!!

Mandamoo 01-07-2013 02:01 AM

How wonderful to read your post! May this new year bring you and your family good health and time together.

tricia keegan 01-07-2013 03:22 PM

This is the news we all like to share Tammy!:)

KsGal 01-07-2013 04:58 PM

Thats wonderful! Praying for good optimistic news from the liver surgeon. Im glad you are doing better and feeling positive.