HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our BC sisters in France! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51890)

StephN 10-22-2011 04:26 PM

Our BC sisters in France!

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone -

I can't seem to catch up since returning from our 25-day trip to France and Switzerland. Some of you caught the posts that I met two of our lovely sisters along the way in September.

First I found Sarah in a hill village in Provence. You may recognize her constant companion! We just got off the autoroute and took the scenic roads and she was on our way to Vence near the Mediterranean Sea. Then Michka was able to join me, my hubby and our French hostess for lunch and a long chat in a southern suburb of Paris.

It was a wonderful experience to meet face to face and share some time, stories and hugs. Both of these women have interesting stories and strong connection to the USA.

Sheila 10-22-2011 04:40 PM

Re: Our BC sisters in France!

Thanks Steph for posting....everyone looks great.....that bond is always so much stronger when we meet face to face.....there is nothing like it.....glad you got to meet up...all of you!

Jackie07 10-22-2011 05:05 PM

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

caya 10-22-2011 06:31 PM

Everyone looks great!! Thanks for posting these lovely pics of some lovely ladies!!

all the best
caya

Paty 10-22-2011 10:23 PM

Steph,

I love your pictures, but most importantly I think it was great to meet our French sisters who we know through her posts and feel so identify with them. Thank you for sharing these great reunions.

Paty

Trish 10-23-2011 12:04 AM

So lovely to put faces to names-and you all look so well. Thanks Steph.
Trish

sarah 10-23-2011 12:28 AM

Come back soon Stephanie! and stay longer! It was so wonderful to meet such a special person, who has been so helpful to me personally and such a vital part of this site.
Health and Happiness
hugs and love
sarah and woof from Tania!

michka 10-23-2011 07:11 AM

I was so happy to be able to meet you Stephanie!

Steph took precious time off her trip to France to have lunch with me. Virtual contacts are nice but when you can make them real, it is so much better. I found our Steph just as I imagined: caring, sharp and smiling. I love these pictures.

sarah 10-23-2011 07:34 AM

Michka, let me know if you ever come south anywhere near Cannes. I'm in the Var about 30 minutes west of Cannes.
Take care, be well.
health and happiness
love sarah

ElaineM 10-23-2011 11:02 AM

Thanks for sharing the great photos Steph.
It is so wonderful that we can meet new friends from many places on this board.

Emelie B 10-23-2011 11:02 AM

Thank you Steph for sharing. My oldest daughter (the one in my picture) is now living in Paris. She moved over with her job. She works for Areva, the nuclear company. We are planning to visit her in May. If it would work out, I would love to meet you two special ladies as well.
Best regards to all,
Emelie

KDR 10-23-2011 12:27 PM

Steph,
Thanks for sharing! Hey, Michka!!! I knew Joan was on her way to see you...but I didn't know Steph, too...are you traveling together, ladies?
Karen

Ceesun 10-23-2011 03:05 PM

Bon Retour! J'adore les photos! Tu as bien fait! Ceesun

Catherine 10-23-2011 03:21 PM

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. I agree, you all look wonderful. Great Smiles and Happy Faces!

StephN 10-23-2011 07:41 PM

Hello everyone -
I got to France ahead of Joan, and I think was actually back home before she left. Althought I am sure it would be a blast to travel with her, my hubby likes these trips as well!

Just late in getting to my photos! Hubby and I each had input as to where we went and what we would do this trip, so I always planned to meet up with Sarah and Michka, no question. So glad I did.

Joan M 10-24-2011 01:00 PM

Yes, Karen, I met Michka and her partner for dinner in Paris a few weeks ago. The evening was wonderful!! And Michka looked great!!

Joan