HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Asking........... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28411)

Mary Jo 06-08-2007 12:04 PM

Asking...........

I am asking for prayer for an acquaintance who is losing her battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed in Feb. of 05 - went through treatment i.e. chemo radiation and it came back with a vengeance in August of 06. Fifteen lung tumors and 2 brain tumors. She went for a second opinion at the Mayo Clinic and they felt confident that her brain tumors were something they could easily deal with but had a few more concerns with the lungs. She started aggressive chemo once again. She went back to the Mayo Clinic a few months later only to find she had many more brain tumors. (20)

She is a remarkable woman who truly lived her life to the fullest. She was incredibly positive and knew that without a miracle she was going "Home" to be with her Lord. She wasn't afraid and accepted what ever would be. She lived fearlessly - encouraged EVERYONE ELSE around her and was just a real blessing here on this earth.

As I type this she is in the process of "going home." I ask you all to pray that her transition to Heaven would be quick and without much suffering. Especially do I ask you to pray for God's Peace and Love to surround her husband, 2 year old daughter and the rest of her family. It's gotta be tough for them all.

Thank you all as I know the prayers will be pouring Heavenward.

You are all loved.

Mary Jo

Vi Schorpp 06-08-2007 12:20 PM

My thoughts are with you and her family. I do pray for a smooth transition.

theresaw 06-08-2007 02:46 PM

I will keep your friend in my prayers and her family also. It is good to know she is going to a better place.

Jeanette 06-08-2007 02:58 PM

Prayers

Oh Mary Jo, what a sad week this has been. My prayers will certainly be going to your dear friend. This has to be so sad for her famil, especially having so young of one. I pray you friend will go peacefully with no pain . Blessings to her family and you too for being there for her, Hugs ,Jeanette

Sheila 06-08-2007 04:05 PM

Mary Jo

She will be in my prayers as will you and her family...I know the pain you are going through. I just returned from spending a good part of the day with my best friend....I am amazed that she is still here after 3 weeks of no food, only sips of water. Today was much worse and the end is near. I lean over to kiss her when I larrive and when I leave, feeling I am saying my final goodbye. We cry together, I hold the shell of a body that was once my vibrant best friend, my support and wonder why. Then feel selfish as I am not ready to let her go. May both our friends join hands in heaven and look down on us.
By the way, my best friends name is Mary Jo.

tousled1 06-08-2007 06:14 PM

MaryJo,

My prayers are with your dear friend for peace and pain free. Also, prayers to you and your family. This is a very difficult time and all I can offer you is support and prayers.

Lolly 06-08-2007 06:19 PM

Mary Jo, my thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and her family, and you, at this most difficult time.

<3 Lolly

Beckie 06-08-2007 08:23 PM

I will definitely be praying for your friend to be free from pain and be able to be really with her family as she goes through her last days here on earth. I will also be praying for her family as it will be so difficult with one so young, even when she knows Mommy is with Jesus in heaven and she will see her again someday. God bless you as you are an encouragement to her and her family.

Beckie

Vanessa 06-09-2007 07:47 AM

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Liz J. 06-09-2007 07:18 PM

Mary Jo and Sheila

Dear HER2 sisters,

I am so sorry to hear the news of both of your friends struggles. I will pray for each of them and their families and for both of you as you are going through this with them. May the Lord be with all of you.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Lala 06-09-2007 07:49 PM

Mary Jo

You are a wonderful person to ask for prayers for someone in need. It is truly God's work you are doing. I say prayers each night for all my Stage 4 sisters and I will add your request to my prayers.

May the Angels surround her family and bring upon them Great peace and comfort. May her journey be blessed by God and may she find peace.

God Bless you Mary Jo
Hugs

H&B 06-09-2007 11:03 PM

Special Angels

Wishing you and your friend all our prayers, may she feel comfort in knowing that she has friends like you that care so much about her. Stay strong...

Harald,

kimber 06-10-2007 06:09 AM

Mary Jo -

You are a wonderful friend to ask for prayers for your friend and her family. I will pray for not only her and them, but for you also.

May she cross over painlessly. May her family find acceptance.

Much love - kim

kacey 06-10-2007 10:20 AM

Passing

Mary Jo,
I pray for you and your friend. I know she has a comfort in such a friend as you. I also pray for her husband, little girl. Soon she will be in heaven and I ask that Jesus will take her hand and lead her Home. Thank you for asking.

Kacey

Jean 06-11-2007 12:01 AM

Dear Mary Jo and Shiela

I feel so bad to hear about your friends. So very sad - I pray each and every day for all of us and of course will inlcude your dear friends.

Regards,
Jean

Believe51 06-11-2007 05:32 AM

Marejo, of course

Oh, Marejo she surely sounds like a Hero to me!! Hubby and I will surely have her in our thoughts and prayers and we shall keep in our hearts her family. May she be blanketed with peace and comfort and transition as pain-free as possible. These prayers will fill our thoughts today and we ask you to keep us posted. Lots of Love and prayers to you too, Darling.>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Believe51..(Marie G)

Andi 06-11-2007 10:19 AM

Oh Mary Jo, I am so sorry to hear this. 05 was a bad year for diagnosis of b/c. My heart just bleeds for your friend who has to leave a 2 year old daughter behind. I feel bad that I am leaving my 2 year old granddaughter behind and that is nothing compared to a daughter. The whole family will be in my prayers. God's peace be with them.

Sherryg683 06-11-2007 02:50 PM

Your friend and her family are in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear this news , I feel for her leaving behind a young child. This is so hard,but we must have faith that something better awaits us..sherryg683