HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Vaccine Trial (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37601)

schoolteacher 01-15-2009 01:45 PM

Vaccine Trial

Will everyone say a pray for me? I am trying to get in a vaccine trial, and all my medical records have been received, and the doctors are suppose to look over them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Amelia

Yes, I Believe.

Kim in DC 01-15-2009 03:17 PM

Amelia,
I am praying for you! I think vaccines are the way of the future.

Kim

schoolteacher 01-15-2009 03:27 PM

Thank you Kim, and God Bless You. I am so anxious about this I can hardly stand it. I am happy, but I know if I find out tomorrow they will not accept me I will be disappointed.

If I am rejected, then I will apply to another trial.

Amelia

Faith in Him 01-15-2009 06:21 PM

Just said a prayer that the doors to the trial will fly open for you. Let us know how you make out.

Tonya

vickie h 01-15-2009 08:37 PM

Amelia, Prayers coming your way. I am sending all my energy to get you into that study. I, too, think vaccines will become a wave of the future. Much love, Vickie

ElaineM 01-15-2009 09:00 PM

vaccine Trial

I just said a prayer for you. I would cross my fingers too, but if I did I couldn't type. Come and sit awhile by the campfire. Someone is serving some delicious kale soup tonight.

schoolteacher 01-16-2009 05:27 AM

Tonya, Vickie, and Elaine,

Thank you so much. I have just gotten to school, and this starts my door in a very positive way.

God Bless all of you. I hope I know something by this afternoon or Monday.

I love the campfire. All of you will never know how much this board has meant to me in the last year.

At this time last year, I was so frightened and afraid, but God helped me to find all of you!

Amelia

Lori R 01-16-2009 06:27 AM

Amelia,

Another set of last minute prayers coming your way!!!

Of course I certainly agree with your last post about how supportive the everyone on the board is.

But you really provided a powerful message that I will tuck in my basket of positivive thought.

God did direct us to this site. So, in many subtle ways God is with us and takes care of us. Keep that in mind as await for your results. If they are not what you had hoped, there is another path that has been chosen for you and what you need for the journey will be provided along the way. I guess knowing that is what is called Faith.

Wow....didn't mean to wax philisophically so early in the morning.

Thinking of you!!! Lori

schoolteacher 01-16-2009 06:31 AM

Lori,

Thank you for your prayers.

Amelia

WomanofSteel 01-16-2009 06:59 AM

Keeping you in my prayers also.

Missyw 01-16-2009 08:16 AM

Hi Amelia,

My prayers are with you. I participated in the U of Washington vaccine trial Jan. 07 - July 07. I was accepted with like 5 days remaining in my "window of opportunity". I took it as a sign and got on that plane to Seattle. My experience was great each and every time I flew out. (Seven times all together.) I am still NED.... so far so good. If you qualify and you think I can help with any information, just let me know. I realize each trial is unique, but maybe just a hand to hold would help. Let me know if there is anything you need.

Missy

schoolteacher 01-16-2009 08:57 AM

Missy,

Thank you. I will be getting in touch with you about how you did your airfare and your hotel room. I am so anxious today I can hardly sit still.

I have a friend and she will help me with making the arrangements.

Missy, like me you have not posted all the things that have happened during your journey. I was wondering where your BC was besides your breast? Mine was in my L4 of my spine.

Amelia

Missyw 01-16-2009 09:55 AM

Hi Amelia,

It has been quite a journey. I was diagnosed in Jan. of 06. I arrived at Stage IV with liver mets which probably should have been diagnosed at my original staging screenings (Jan. 06); but the mets weren't detected until May. So far no other sites. I have been NED since Aug. of 06. My trial required NED or stable bone mets. If you are going to Seattle I can probably be somewhat helpful. If you are going to another location I could give you the general info. about travel and hotel help, but i may not have the exact contact info. In any event, just let me know if you think i can help. I would be happpy to try.

Missy

Shobha 01-16-2009 12:40 PM

Adding my prayers that you get selected for this trial. God bless.

schoolteacher 01-16-2009 12:48 PM

Thank you Missy and Shobha,

I got an e-mail at lunch that one doctor has signed off agreeing to let me in the trial, and the medical information was placed on the other doctor's desk yesterday afternoon.

So, I am waiting for that doctor to review and sign off. Please let her/him come to the office today. I am so anxious about this.

Amelia

Missyw 01-16-2009 12:54 PM

Hi Amelia,

Will you be pressed for time to get to the vaccine location once you get approval? If so, start researching airfares (provided you need to fly) right now. Continental and Southwest both have programs that allow you a free flight for medical treatment. Although this time of year with fares prretty low, you may want to save the free ones for later. Both programs include plently of hoops to jump through and some red tape, best to get things ready "just in case". Please let me know if you are trying to get in to a program in Seattle. I can help with some hotel info.

Missy

schoolteacher 01-16-2009 01:18 PM

Missy,

Thank you for this information. I did not realize that I might be able to get a free flight.

Amelia

Jean 01-16-2009 03:41 PM

Ameila,
I know how strongly you feel about this and how much you want to be in the vaccine trial.

Will be saying many prayers for you and please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Best of luck and lots of hugs,
jean

micheleu 01-16-2009 09:46 PM

Amelia, what vaccine trial is it that you are trying to get into? I was in one at Seattle WA through the tumor vaccine group...just wondering

Joan M 01-18-2009 04:49 PM

Amelia,

I'm praying that you'll get into the trial.

Joan