HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Home/Still Not 100% (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60893)

Redwolf8812 05-05-2014 04:19 AM

Home/Still Not 100%

So thankful to God for letting me be home, alive and otherwise-well. I still don't feel "all better" yet. My heart rate is abnormally high, I get shortness of breath just walking from one room to another, and I have a lot of muscle aches and pains. I feel pretty weak - now would be a good time to get your revenge on me. I couldn't throw a punch to save my life lol. There seems to be a disagreement between the hospital and my pharmacy on the antibiotic. It's in a class that the pharmacy has me allergic to. The hospital knew this but wanted to give it to me anyway (they prescribed it to me not for the sinus infection but for one they feel may be lurking somewhere else in my body), saying they'd be monitoring me and just because I'm allergic to one doesn't mean I'll be allergic to the other. The "sinus infection" may also be a reaction to the navelbine chemo - I had the same symptoms before, so I'm on a steroid for that also.

Anyway, the hospital got my liver functioning normally again and I'm thankful to God for that. Now I have to try to get bloodwork done twice this week to be sent to my oncologist. But first I want to talk to her today and get her spin on the antibiotic thing, also on how she wants to treat me, since this chemo combo worked but almost killed me. I have a friend on a stage 4 breast cancer board on the same combo who experienced the same thing - her oncologist decreased the dosage and she's doing much better, the cancer is even still dying praise God. This combo is just so new.

That's my story for now. Will update you as I can. Don't forget to thank Jesus for listening to our prayers!

:-) Penny

tricia keegan 05-05-2014 12:45 PM

Re: Home/Still Not 100%

Hi Penny, so glad you're home and resting and that the response has been good, at least as far as the cancer is concerned, don't over do it and be sure to listen to your body and rest as you need to.

CarolineC 05-05-2014 02:41 PM

Penny,

I'm so glad you're home and healing. What a scary time! I hope they find the right antibiotic for you.

It's understandable that you're weak-you have been through the wringer. Sounds like hydration helped and the chemo is working. Now they have to find the right dosage that works for you.

Thanking God for so many things right now.....

Love,

Caroline

Carol Ann 05-05-2014 04:57 PM

Penny, so glad you're home, rest and hang in there! We are all rooting for you. :0

CA

Bunty 05-05-2014 05:00 PM

Penny, good news that you are home, and that you have recovered so well. Just trust that the healing will continue as you seem to be made of stern stuff!
Best wishes, Marie

Pray 05-05-2014 05:53 PM

Thank you Jesus! Happy your home. Gods blessings are upon you��

lkc Gumby 05-08-2014 06:37 PM

Glad to read you're home. Hope you are feeling better and stronger soon.

JennyB 05-09-2014 05:22 AM

Glad you're home now to feeling a lot better - good luck Penny xx

Adriana Mangus 05-10-2014 01:39 PM

Hi Penny,

Glad to hear you are now home and resting. Don't walk, if you don't feel like it
- - I have been having shortness of breath myself- I just tell everyone around me, not now, I need to rest, you do the same. You are number one, you come first and no one else.

Enjoy your weekend! Sending you a BIG cybernetic {{{ HUG}}}

Love,

Adriana

BonnieR 05-10-2014 03:23 PM

As I always say, keep the faith! And that's just what you are doing!

Redwolf8812 05-11-2014 05:50 AM

​Thanks, everyone. I've been doing so much sleeping since I got home. I'm praying I feel well enough to enjoy Mothers' Day afternoon on the beach for a couple of hours.
:-) Penny