HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Full of Beans - how are you these days?? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48641)

StephN 02-02-2011 12:28 PM

Full of Beans - how are you these days??

Hello K -

Am thinking about you and notice a lack of contact from you.

I sure hope you have some control on your recurrence by now.

You are a fighter and a very good researcher, so I know you are taking the time and energy to meet up once again with our friend NED.

Big hugs coming your way.

Ellie F 02-02-2011 02:08 PM

Re: Full of Beans - how are you these days??

Hi
I sent full of beans a couple of pm's before xmas but had not had a reply.
Hoping to hear soon with some good news.
Ellie

schoolteacher 02-02-2011 02:20 PM

Full of Beans hope to hear from you.

Amelia

ElaineM 02-02-2011 08:42 PM

Please let us know how you are doing. We miss you.

tricia keegan 02-03-2011 02:55 PM

I miss your posts too fullofbeans and hope we hear from you soon:)

Lori R 02-03-2011 03:19 PM

Full of Beans,
We sure hope to hear from you soon.

I realize how frustrated you were lately with the inability to gain access to some of the options presented on the board.

But we sure miss you and would love for you to let us know how you are doing.

Lori

Chelee 02-03-2011 04:50 PM

Hi Full of Beans,
You know how we worry about our Her2 sisters. When you have time and feel up to it pls give us a quick update. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I just checked and she recently logged in on 1-27-11. She must not of felt up to posting yet. We miss not hearing from you. Hope your doing ok...we all miss you. Hugs!

Chelee

suzan w 02-10-2011 07:07 PM

Ditto, Full of Beans...hope all is OK XO Suzan W

StephN 02-15-2011 05:41 PM

Bumping this up - maybe you will check in one of these days.

fullofbeans 02-17-2011 01:50 PM

Dear all,

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I apologise for not writing and indeed I am frustrated at the system we have and did not wish to post for a while.

I am still not NED, long treatment story, but well I have progressed and have 7/8 mets in the lungs (largest 7mm) (and still a mass in the mammary gland. Dx this January. But I have not lost hope just yet, it s ain't over till it's over..

I would appreciate any suggestions..

schoolteacher 02-17-2011 02:02 PM

Full of Beans,

I am so glad to hear from you. I don't have any suggestions.

Like you, I have mets to the lungs. They were discovered in August 2010. I have been taking Xeloda and Tykerb. They have shrank some, but they are still not gone. Everyone at the oncologists office says my cancer is stable, but I want to be NED again.

Have been thinking about going back to the UW to do the T-cell vaccine trial. Like you, I participated in the peptide vaccine trial. I still have not heard if I had an immune response. Did they ever tell you if you had an immune response?

What kinds of treatments have you been getting?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I am just so glad to hear from you. The last time I talked with Stephanie a few months ago, I asked her if she had heard from you.

Amelia

fullofbeans 02-18-2011 08:36 AM

Thank you all again, I have just read more post and realised how courageous you all are and that I mostly need to get my faith back and continue fighting, I having been a bit low for a while and I feel like I have been rolling with the punches a bit too long.. time to stand up again..

School teacher I know what you mean with "the stable" thing, for me either it is not good enough..I am also targetting NED and indeed thanks Steph for your encouragement about my research.

Also School T yes I was told by UW but only because (perhaps) they had given me a wrong dosage (lower) which saddened me a lot at the time but they still showed that I had a response tho this.

best to all

Missyw 02-18-2011 09:22 AM

Hi FOB,

Just wanted to wish all the best to my Seattle buddy. We are hanging in there despite the odds. I think of you often and get worried when you go underground. Keep us in the loop so we can help support you! I'll send a few extra prayers your way.

ElaineM 02-18-2011 10:19 AM

Thanks for responding to our request for information.
Hang in there !! Remember the quote you posted by the Dali Lama and continue to take good care of yourself.

krisvell 02-18-2011 02:27 PM

FullofBeans,
I am rooting that you will get to NED.
Sending hugs and prayers your way,
Kris......

AlaskaAngel 02-26-2011 10:41 AM

invisible qualities

Hi FOB,

Your history is rather uncommon, in part probably due to your persistence in seeking out and independently evaluating the various options available to those who question the standard answers. But given your long period of NED at such a young age, I also think it is likely that you have some as-yet unidentified characteristic that might be working strongly in your favor despite the recurrence.

Stay active, and do all the healthy things you can to influence the situation. You're good at it.

A.A.

suzan w 03-11-2011 09:07 AM

Yay Full of Beans...it is good to "hear" from you!! No suggestions, can send hugs and good wishes to you instead!! Keep on truckin'!!! xox Suzan