HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ESSIAC TEA (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20388)

*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_* 06-16-2005 09:46 AM

Has anyone out there every heard of or take ESSIAC TEA.

I have read some wonderful things about it, but of course you know that the doctors are not going to approve of it while on chemo.

I am going to give it a try before I have to start on treatments again and see how I react.

I have a very small spot still showing in what they think is a lymph node somewhere behind the pancreas to the back wall but they feel I have time to make a decision as to my form of treatment.

I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with the above tea.
It's sounds like a great thing for any ailment.

Irene

*_anne_* 06-16-2005 01:50 PM

Hi Irene,
I was doing some research some time ago on this tea and saw a study that the Essaic tea actually caused the spead and growth of BC cells in lab mice. I don't know if there are other studies out there, but I wouldn't risk it with this tea. I know that it is in the "Cancer Solution " book. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the site aside from that it talked about hundreds of herbal supplements and their effect on cancer.
Good luck,
Anne

*_Vicki Z_* 06-16-2005 05:02 PM

This Memorial Sloan-Kettering link is a great site to check out herbs, etc. and Essiac is listed there. My sister and I made it when I was first diagnosed and I took it for a few weeks, but decided to let the chemo do its thing and I never took it again. Good luck.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/11570.cfm

al from canada 06-17-2005 07:42 PM

I looked into Essiac when Linda was first diagnosed but I put it into the same class as Laetril: alot of hype and research but no results. I wouldn't waste my money. (just my opinion)

Regards,
Al

Lolly 06-17-2005 11:45 PM

I took Essiac tea religiously, after treatment for primary, along with fresh juicing, lots of supplements, etc. I still recurred in 6 months. I felt really great up until the recurrence, so I do think it helped with my overall health and especially my liver, but in my case it didn't keep the Her2+ cancer at bay.

<3,
Lolly

Lisa 06-18-2005 09:33 PM

I drank Essiac tea during my initial bc diagnosis 5 years ago. It did not prevent recurrence. Doubt if it hurt anything but my pocketbook.

Love and light,

Lisa

Lyn 06-18-2005 10:35 PM

Hi, I took Essiac tea religiously from 1998 until my dad passed away 2 years ago next Sunday. My parents both in their 80's made it up and paid for it. My dad was convinced it had cured me, but I don't know what he was thinking because I really never stopped having chemo, and I would visit them after chemo to have lunch, he told everyone and my onc that he had cured me. I took it for a few months after because my mom was in a mess but she still insisted that I had to take it. I am conviced like Lolly that the overall wellbeing was from the tea, I went to a naturopath and he told me at the time that by looking into my eyes that I had a good constitution. I too did the vege juice until I couldn't look at another beetroot, but it kept coming back so next time I thought well if the demon likes a healty environment we will fix that so off to KFC and whatever else I fancied, but alas it still kept coming, so I eat what I fancy, I do the research, stay on the forum, vitamins, the chemo, the rads and look at it as a full time job, and my promotion will be the cure and it will then be the big C instead of the other we don't like to print. I am now going to try and find out if the combination of Essiac is Acidic or Alkaline, this is my new project, I want to have an alkaline body, but not to high because it will interfere with my meds, ironic, I need the meds as a result of the C but if I cure the C with the alkaline I will cark it from other problems, I just throw my hands up in the air and get on with life, and my unappointed career.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Lyn 06-18-2005 11:15 PM

Herb teas are considered alkaline, not high nor low but mid range, may explain how it is used as a cure for some.

Love &Hugs Lyn

*_Irene from Tampa_* 06-21-2005 04:44 AM

Thanks to all for your responses -

I know that the doctors do not agree with any of these herbal remedies, but as long as it is not harmful, I may continue for a little with it. I am only taking once in the evening before bedtime.

If at the least it is good for our well being, that could be a good thing too.
If the pocket book can hold out, I will try also.

Irene