HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Prayer Room (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32893)

Bill 03-02-2008 08:57 PM

Prayer Room

I wanted to start a new thread similar to the prayer chains I receive in my e-mails. This room is non-denominational and open to all religions. Furthermore, if you have no religion, and would just like to come into "the room" and just think good thoughts and well wishes to someone, you are welcome. I remembered the chapel in the hospital, where Nicola and I went to pray, and while we sat in there, people came in and wrote in a notebook and whenever you went into the chapel, you looked at the notebook first, then added those people to your list of prayers. Right now, I'm picturing all of us in the room, lit candles around the room, praying in our own fashion or just sitting, thinking good thoughts for those in need. When you join the prayer room, please name the ones you are praying for, and why ( you don't have to be too specific) Short and sweet may be best.

Bill 03-02-2008 08:59 PM

For Caryn and Eric, that they may receive comfort and hope on Tuesday

Bill 03-02-2008 09:22 PM

For Kate, that her new treatment will take her to Ned

lilyecuadorian 03-02-2008 09:27 PM

for me tomorrow I have a ct-scan and MRI ...(all body and brain) ...and I need a lot of prayers , count on me Caryn and Eric ...!!!

hutchibk 03-02-2008 11:03 PM

I send prayers out into the universe for Caryn and Eric, Kate, and Lily! And for Bill to have the strength to continue forever to be a guardian angel for us here at HER2Support!

dhealey 03-03-2008 05:13 AM

Prayers to all our her2 sisters and brothers, may God wrap his healing arms around all of us survivors, patients, caregivers and loved ones. To all God Bless!

Believe51 03-03-2008 05:55 AM

Praying Hardest For...

MichelleH>>Believe51

tousled1 03-03-2008 06:25 AM

Praying for all the wonderful women/men on this site - both the patients and caregivers. I wish I had a magic wand so that I could cast a spell on everyone that this dreadful beast would be gone from our lives. But since I can't do that, I do and will pray for each and everyone of you. Praying that treatment plans work, minimal side effects, good scan results, getting to NED, and inner strength to everyone.

Bill 03-03-2008 09:26 PM

praying for all on this site to have a peaceful, restful sleep tonight, and may God's guidance lead you to where you need to be. Love to you all, Bill

Faith in Him 03-04-2008 10:03 AM

May God's grace and love surround all of you today. Praying especailly for Caryn & Eric as they decide on a new treatment plan. Lily, I lift you up this morning as you wait for scan results. Kate, I pray that the new chemo stops the mets in their tracks.
Michelle H, I think of you often and pray you are doing well. Jan, I pray you are doing well, also.

God Bless,
Tonya

Bill 03-04-2008 06:02 PM

praying for Kareneg that her new treatment on Thursday works!

lilyecuadorian 03-04-2008 06:48 PM

Prayers for Kareneg ........she is always in my prayers always........

sassy 03-04-2008 07:21 PM

For Kate, Karen, Havah, Shelia, Caryn and Eric, all those who seek treatment, I pray for healing. For each of us I pray daily for strength, courage, comfort and peace.

Faith in Him 03-04-2008 08:33 PM

More prayers for Lily as she meets with her onc. tomorrow.

Bill 03-06-2008 08:05 PM

Praying for Karen, and her successful hospital treatment, and all of you

Audrey 03-25-2008 06:42 PM

Hey Bill, I just saw this thread (I'm always late to the party) and you mentioned sitting in the chapel at the hospital with Nikki and writing your prayer requests in the notebook up front and then adding others to your prayers...that triggered a flashback to when I used to do the same thing during my treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. I would just pour my heart out into that prayer notebook...Haven't been back to that chapel in a few years now and I'm inspired to go back and write a note of thanks, that I continue to be cancer-free and my prayers for my health, doctors, medical team, etc. have all been answered! Just want to add a prayer of gratitude for all that this cancer experience has taught me and for all the wonderful people that are now in my life as a result -- the silver lining to the awful cancer cloud.

Bill 03-25-2008 08:05 PM

A prayer of thanks that God has blessed you and so many others. Actually, He's blessed all of us, just in different ways. (ok, Audrey, i'm whispering now, because this is the prayer room, but you've just reminded me of something else I want to do. Nikki loved Jolly Ranchers, and when she had a stay in the hospital last August, I brought in a bag of Jolly Ranchers and hung them up on her IV pole, and every time
she got up to walk around the floor, passing 4 nurses stations in he loop, we would talk to all of the nurses as we walked through, and after day 3 of this routine, one nurse said,"Oh my God, that's just a bag of Jolly Ranchers hanging up there", and instantly, everyone started talking at once, "I thought it was a bag of special meds, me too, etc." Then, we took the bag down and gave all of the nurses around the floor a handful of Jolly Ranchers. For 24 hours, the fifth floor smelled like Jolly Ranchers. I've been meaning to go back to the fifth floor and hand out more Jolly Ranchers. Thanks, Audrey!)

hutchibk 03-25-2008 08:59 PM

Prayers for Michelle H. and her family - I know she is on such a rough road right now and I think about her alot. I hope she knows how much she is loved by all on this site.

Believe51 03-26-2008 10:18 AM

My prayers..

are for us all, whether a patient, survivor, or caregiver.....I pray for us all.>>Believe51

duga35 03-26-2008 08:09 PM

This is a great thread and a great idea, Bill.....

I have been praying each and everyday for everyone here that is afflicted by this cancer, and all of the families, and will continue to do so.

God bless each and every one of you:)

Doug