HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anybody tried Vitamin C infusion? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63279)

supportwife 06-03-2015 05:35 PM

Anybody tried Vitamin C infusion?

Hi All,

A friend of mine who has battled kidney cancer is raving about Vit C infusion. I researched on the internet and apparently they give high doses of Vit C through IV. I am talking about 200,000mg. They swear that this is the cure for cancer. Has anybody tried this? What are your thoughts?

Lucy 06-03-2015 09:22 PM

Re: Anybody tried Vitamin C infusion?

It used to be that when I traveled I would get sick when I got home, without fail. After one instance many years ago someone mentioned that taking vitamin C could help with the problem. I never bought vitamin C pills but I did start drinking orange juice for a few days when I would get where I was going and for a few days after I got home. I never got sick when I did that so I do believe there are healing properties to taking vitamin C but I wouldn't depend on it to cure cancer. I'd be willing to participate in a study and /or take in in conjunction with other cancer treatments but I think if a doctor told me their only treatment for cancer was high doses of vitamin C, I'd be looking for another doctor.

Is your friend getting other treatments as well or is it only vitamin C?

supportwife 06-03-2015 09:24 PM

Thanks Lucy, My friend had renal carcinoma a couple of years ago. He is currently in remission. He is trying all to prevent a recurrence. I researched on internet and saw a couple of youtube videos where apparently terminal patients got better with VIT C. Not sure how much of that to believe.

BonnieR 06-03-2015 11:16 PM

I know you are looking for answers and hope but, honestly, if this, or anything, was a cure for cancer, don't you think it would be shouted from the rooftops?? There are legions of sites professing "cures" but they are usually way off the mainstream and are often attached to quack medicine. Don't let them distract you
We only have a first best shot at treating cancer and I think it's important to go with what is proven to work and is fact-based
Do your homework and keep your eye on the prize
Keep the faith

v-ness 06-04-2015 08:46 AM

i think vitamin C infusions and vitamin D infusions (clinical trials on the latter for colon cancer) are simply used in an attempt to get the cancer to respond better to the real treatment. 77% of americans are vitamin D deficient and there is supposed to be some correlation between lack of vitamin D and cancer. both my boyfriend (colon cancer) and i are taking hefty vitamin D simply because it can't hurt. but cure? if only it was as easy as vitamins and supplements. i am sorry about your friend and wish her well. v

tricia keegan 06-04-2015 01:06 PM

When I was dx ten years ago I met a lady on the Komen board who chose this over chemo like the rest of us were doing. I'm sorry to say she was dx again as stage iv with bone mets a few years later and has been on and off chemo ever since and makes a point of telling everyone she can not to make the mistake she did.

supportwife 06-04-2015 01:24 PM

Thanks everyone, Thats what I thought so too. Giving 200000mg of Vit C in one infusion is too much for anybody to handle.

waterdreamer 06-05-2015 01:06 PM

I was doing really well with my cancer treatment (alternatively) until I started taking high dose vitamin C. It made my cancer worse. I do not think it is good for Her2+ cancers. Thats my experience.