HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Bill's Apology Thread (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32614)

Bill 02-12-2008 08:11 PM

Bill's Apology Thread

It seems that lately, I have spent more time apologizing on this site than actually doing anything constructive or helpful, so I had an idea. I hereby apologize to everyone all at once, for all past, and probably future mis-behavings, knowing my track record. If I ever offend you or hurt your feelings in any way, just come to "Bill's Apology Thread". Just list my new offense and I will cease and desist the activity. At this point, my apologies extend to all Canadians, salmon-fisherpeople, trappers, anyone who lives where it snows, or it might get windy or cold alot, bear-wrestlers, people that use sled dogs, anti-hyphen people (I'm not even gonna mention the Andi "situation", because, frankly, although I was born fearless, I'm scared of her. I know one day we're gonna meet and the first thing she's gonna do is say,'Hello, Bill, it's good to meet you.', she'll kiss me on the cheek and then jam my finger into a light socket.). Oh, also, I called Tiptoe, at various times, "a rodent-like creature, a chinchilla, a marmot, a mormoset, weasel, groundhog, prairie dog, fat gerbil", and I apologize to him and his caretakers as well. (me and Tex are cool, though). One more confession- earlier I committed thought-crime on another thread. On MJO's birthday thread, I noticed she lived in Delaware, and was going to have a cupcake for her birthday, so like anybody else would have done, I got ready to make jokes about George Washington crossing the Delaware eating a cupcake, right, you know, with the chocolate smeared all over his face, but then, I said "No, don't do it. With your history, Bill, tomorrow you'll spend all night apologizing to MJO, all of George Washington's descendants, row-boat paddlers, cupcake-eaters, and anyone who ever laid eyes on the Delaware River. You just chill out." I took my own council and just chilled out. If I left onyone out, I apologize, Love, Bill

PinkGirl 02-13-2008 08:22 AM

oh dear ...

You know Bill, sometimes when a person tries to apologize they just dig a deeper hole. Tiptoe is a girl!!! She is a Chinese hamster - the Chinese hamsters have donated their ovaries in order to produce Herceptin. We are all very grateful for this and have "adopted" Tiptoe to show our appreciation.

Tip is a girl and Tex is a boy and we are not sure about their relationship. No one has openly discussed their sleeping arrangements.

As for messing with Andi - other than the hot flashes, there's nothing to worry about. Don't be afraid of her, but remember that old joke about it being easier to negotiate with a terrorist than a woman with PMS? Hot flashes are kind of like that - don't mess with a woman who is flashing.

We all love your sense of humour. I was about to totally dismiss your apology until you goofed on Tippy's gender. If you ever have a free evening, go back and read the original Tiptoe thread. It is hilarious.

I completely understand the "urge" to toss humour into your posts. Please don't stop doing that - we all enjoy it.

norwegian 02-13-2008 12:12 PM

Bill

He he he!!!
Great fun to read, even with my poor understanding I laughed a lot!
Thank you!

lilyecuadorian 02-13-2008 12:38 PM

it is funny ....you Bill remain me my husband with his sence of humor ....dont change ...imagine this site with out your support ...LOL

tousled1 02-13-2008 02:15 PM

Bill,

Other than referring to Tiptoe as a "he" I don't see that you owe anyone an apology. You bring a great sense of humor to this site and I enjoying reading your posts. In the face of this dreadful disease it does a person good to laugh -- also it takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown.

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-13-2008 03:10 PM

Dear Bill, You are cool with me too. I was only kidding you, knowing you can take (and dish) a joke. Thanks for your sense of humor. Thanks for every giggle and smile you've brought to me, and many others (no doubt).

Aside from calling our Tiptoe a *he* -- I didn't note that you referred to HER as a rodent-like creature. Shame on you. We have all come to love her hunched back and long skinny tail. Along with those piercing little eyes.

After all, Tip, and her kind, have saved many a life! She is a noble, selfless creature and I am personally indebted to her and her ilk big time (being in my 10th yr of Herceptin).

That being said, I hasten to add -- GOOD FOR YOU, Bill. It takes an evolved Spirit to face one's missteps and make amends. I really appreciate your fun way of seeing the world! Humor is one of the best coping mechanisms I know of!! Please keep us laughing out loud. Highly therapeutic! THANK YOU very much...
Andi

ita 02-13-2008 03:23 PM

Bill,

Although you hardly know me. All I can say is; TOO FUNNY. I had to reply to you. That was a great read.

Ever think about writing a book? I'll buy it.

Ita
(gcricel)

Gerri 02-13-2008 03:28 PM

Bill, you are hillarious! I always "get" your jokes and insinuations, so I guess we must have the same warped sense of humor. I make sure I read all of your posts because they always make me smile. Keep on posting, and keep on making us laugh - it is so good for the soul.

P.S. I LOVE the word 'fret', I use it all the time!

Bill 02-13-2008 04:43 PM

Hi all, Thanks for all of your forgivess and kind words. (I'm nervous, because that little voice in me keeps saying, "you know Bill, maybe the less you say, the better, obviously you already ticked everyone off about Tip-toe", and I sense a Pinkish presence ready to attack at the first possible opportunity) I'm glad you all (I didn't say ya'll) like the posts, laughter is the best medicine, sometimes we all take ourselves and everything around us too seriously. Many, many times my wife, Nicola and I would be waiting in the exam. room for the surgeon or onc., and would be laughing like crazy when they came into the room. The looks on their faces always said, "what in the heck are you two knuckleheads laughing about, you're in a cancer place." Ita, whenever I do put my stuff together, I'll make sure to get a copy to you. Princess Tip-toe, I apologize to you and your kind. Tex, what up, Dog, peace out, Bill

Marlys 02-13-2008 04:58 PM

Go for it! The snow has melted in Boise so spring is coming!
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. I haven't caught Tiptoe or Tex sleeping so I just leave them together.

SoCalGal 02-21-2008 08:48 PM

Jeez...

A girl takes a week off for a brain tumor and misses all the fun. Another funny post - I am sad that I wasn't mentioned at all - now that I have a better sense of you I'm sure that you've made some slams again "the hood" (that's how the locals refer to BevHills). BTW - good call on Andi - she's fierce:)

It feels good to laugh - thanks Bill!
xoxoFlori

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-23-2008 01:10 PM

Herceptin, Tykerb & God...

Welcome back *Flori from La La Land*! So much to laugh about, no?! I know you see your blessings. And the humor in Life. Hold onto those keys to happiness, Morning Glory...

BTW -- I just love your newest attack on bc! (Just caught my eye in your signature.) A triple combo that cannot fail!! HERCEPTIN, TYKERB & GOD. Add a lot of smiling and laughter and you are one fierce warrior. I knew that.

Andi

hutchibk 02-23-2008 03:51 PM

Personally, I saw a bit of the more "tomboy" side of Tipsy, but that doesn't make her a he. However, maybe she is living a sorta 'gender-neutral' life? Who knows. That's her business. By the by, Tex was 'fixed' when he was younger, cause he didn't want children. But if he and Tip find intimate and fond feelings for each other, then he could always have it reversed, I suppose. Ever heard of Neuticals?

I accept your apology now and in perpetuity, Bill. However, you have never done (and never could, I am certain) anything to offend me... I spray PAM on everyday. You rock our world Bill. Please keep it up!

Marlys 02-24-2008 11:00 AM

Bill,
The snow has returned to Southwest Idaho & I think it is your fault. I am so tired of it. I have to admit it melted in about 12 hours.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. It is wonderful to have you here so we can always have someone to crab at. And you do guilt so well!!!

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-24-2008 02:55 PM

OH, MARYLS! WHAT A FAB IDEA.

IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG -- GO DIRECTLY TO THE BLAME IT ON BILL THREAD! He'll come up with a positive take full of imagination and humor, accept any guilt, and make it all better.

Brilliant!

I'll get back to you. Today's been a great day, so no complaints for now.

To Maryls and all you experiencing *WINTER* -- remember -- ALL SEASONS ARE BEAUTIFUL WHEN YOU HAVE JOY IN YOUR HEART... I know, easy for me to say (from sunny Florida). It was a bit humid last night though. Can't really whine.

Every time it rains down here -- we say -- WE NEED IT! And it's usually over in 10 minutes anyway. (We're on some serious water restrictions here -- lawn-wise. Drought.) Just to let you know, we have weather too ya know.

Last week we had a tornado watch. The wind was not howling, but roaring. Just short of that proverbal *train coming at you*! Very scary, w/warnings all over the TV, that horrid squawking sound, and a voice telling you to go to the lowest level and most interior area in your house where there are no windows, blah, blah. Thought I might just have to dive into my closet, with DH and my 2 Maltese boys in the middle of the night. Careful what you wish for...

Andi

Bill 02-24-2008 03:18 PM

Oh no. What are you trying say, Marly? And, wait a minute, Andi! It's a one-time apology thread to cover all of my offenses once and for all time, not a "Blame it on Bill" thread. Hucklebuck gets it. I'm sorry about your bad luck with the snow, Marly, and Andi, I'm sorry about you gettin' all freaked out about a windy day, but it wasn't my fault. If it makes you girls feel any better, I'm cold right now. I just had to go outside in 45 degree weather without a coat to bring some more firewood in and the wind blew on me. I can assure you, it was about 4 seconds of pure hell.

Marlys 02-24-2008 10:06 PM

Andi,
I'll take snow any day rather than Florida "showers". We arrived in Tampa on June 24, 1964 and an afternoon "shower" rolled in. I swore that if it weren't a hurricane I would not stay around when one came. One did the next year but it was nothing. At least not compared to that first afternoon "shower".
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-25-2008 02:16 PM

Bill, I knew it was too good to be true. No *blame it all on Bill* thread. Got it. Never mind...

Maryls, Thanks for some respect for Fla storms. (Even midst your sleet and icy streets and roadways.) Appreciated.

Back to Bill! Are you not familiar w/the word tornado? Not a wind. A devastating whirlwind of destruction. I know. Not your fault. Not blaming you. Just splaining about the forces of nature. An actual death toll and all.

Yes, I already know you're sorry you belittled Florida's weather issues. Thanks. I knew you didn't mean it. Just funnin'... Me too... Should we take up a collection for a winter coat for you? Guess not. SPRING IS ALMOST HERE!http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...mals-butterfly Have a happy day!
Andi

Bill 02-25-2008 07:20 PM

Thanks, Andi, but I don't need any more winter coats, just the common sense to wear one, haha! If you want to start a "Blame it on Bill" thread, I guess I can't stop you. I've been butting heads with this roomfull of strong-willed warrior women for months now, and I'm starting to realize that I'm outmatched. But I will never give in!

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-26-2008 11:20 AM

NEVER GIVE IN. NEVER GIVE UP. Good for you, Bill! That's what we all love about you.

We're each suffering to varying degrees for different reasons. But we keep our heads high along with our Spirits. I can tell you've got a smile on your face that you generously share with all of us. That qualifies you to be called an Angel!

And put some boots on if you venture into the snow, for goodness sake!