HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TriciaK checking in! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51478)

TriciaK 09-24-2011 03:03 PM

TriciaK checking in!

Thank you all so much for your loving concern--I have been having a pretty rough time, but if not thriving, at least still surviving. Am still on halavan alone, no herceptin, and my tumor markers (ca 27/29 and cea) are slowly going down. I am able to keep food down, though not much or a wide variety, but better than with so many chemos. I am extremely weak, though, and unable to do much, even be on my computer. I have a home nurse twice a week and other helpers, but am not on hospice. I am still fighting, but get more discouraged than I ever have---then I remind myself I am close to 82 years old, have lived a long, full life inspite of fighting BC four times in 26 years, and having a bad heart and scoliosis pain . So what if I have no hair (wisps of snow white!), no eyelashes and no eyebrows!! I am blessed to have a good husband and a wonderful posterity, and many valued friends, including all of you. I have a great deal of faith and a positive outlook. My last PET scan in early June showed that the lung tumors are still there but have not grown much, and my oncologist says if the October scan looks as good I may be able to stop the chemo. So I still have so much to be thankful for! I am a little nervous about the winter months because I usually manage at least one bout of pnuemonia, but I am trying to be positive and keep expecting the best. I will try to get online more and will let you know how the next scan looks. Thank you all so much for messages and love! You mean so much to me! Hugs, TriciaK

Sheila 09-24-2011 04:00 PM

Re: TriciaK checking in!

Tricia
So happy to log on and read your post....hope the Halaven gets easier on your appetite....we miss you, save your strength for YOU! Just know you are in the hearts and prayers of many on this site!

ElaineM 09-24-2011 04:03 PM

Thank you so much for checking in with us. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers and I for one will keep my fingers crossed for some good reports the next time you have tests.
You are a strong woman and you are quite a fighter. You have taught us to hang in there keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going no matter what happens.
Please continue to take good care of yourself. Feel free to drop by and check in anytime. If you are feeling a little under the weather and don't feel like sitting at a computer we invite a family member or good friend to let us know how you are doing from time to time. Feel free to e-mail or pm me anytime.

chrisy 09-24-2011 04:07 PM

Tricia thanks for checking in. Sheila's right - be strong for you and rest on the wings of the loving prayers we are ALL sending you daily!

much much love
Chris

Gerri 09-24-2011 06:29 PM

Tricia,

So happy to see your post, but sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You are one of my all time heroes!

Much, much love to you!

Elizabethtx 09-24-2011 07:13 PM

What a fighter you are...you give us all so much hope! Hugs!

BonnieR 09-24-2011 10:04 PM

You are a shining example of keeping the faith! God bless!

AlaskaAngel 09-24-2011 10:26 PM

Staying sane

Tricia, keeping a meaningful rational perspective with all the ups and downs is a very valuable skill you have. I'm glad you have strong support around you to help with some of the difficulties. Thanks for letting us stay with you here.

AlaskaAngel

Ruth 09-25-2011 02:35 AM

Thank you so much for taking precious energy and checking in for us. We think of you often and when I saw that you hadn't been on line in a while we all started getting concerned. You are so amazing and we care about you a great deal.
Take care
Ruth

NEDenise 09-25-2011 07:26 AM

Tricia,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time right now. You are such an inspiration to me. On days when I start to feel down, or lose hope...I think of you, and all you've been through.
I think of your beautiful grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and how your strength and courage have allowed them to enjoy you for these many years.
I've actually said aloud to my family..."TriciaK has fought this for 26 years...I can survive another (fill in the blank)! You're a shining example of what I could be someday, if I'm up to the challenge.

Tricia, I pray that you'll feel God holding you gently in the palm of his hand, as you get your strength back.
And, I hope you can feel the rest of us lifting you in prayer.
Keep fighting! Keep all your strength for you!
With love,
Denise

Laurel 09-25-2011 05:25 PM

Hello to our favorite "Timex Engerizer Bunny, She Takes a Lickin' and keeps right on Tickin'!" I am sorry the going is so tough for you presently, Tricia. Really hoping that chemo holiday is right on the horizon! I was really happy to see your post.

caya 09-25-2011 05:43 PM

Bravo to you dear Tricia - you are an inspiration to us all!! I hope you feel better pronto.

all the best
caya

Marlys 09-25-2011 06:25 PM

Add my name to the list of those delighted to hear from you. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling so good right now. I pray that will cease and you will be back with us. I will always remember meeting you and thinking that you are actually as beautiful as your picture. And even without hair I bet that hasn"t changed.
Love & Hugs,
Marlys

Trish 09-26-2011 04:00 AM

Great to hear from you as ever but do proiritize caring for yourself. Kind wishes
trish

Joanna J 09-26-2011 07:10 AM

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers,All the best to you,(Love your posts) Joanna J

Mary Anne in TX 09-26-2011 09:38 AM

I wanted to say hello too, Trish! Scratch the years...you're far to valuable to even think of losing. Be super good to yourself and feel the love and prayers sent to you. I'm so grateful for all you give to all of us. Much love, ma

janieR 09-26-2011 11:45 AM

Sending lots of good wishes to you . You are a true inspiration to me.

Janie

schoolteacher 09-26-2011 01:06 PM

Glad to hear from you, Tricia. You are my hero.

Amelia

Mary Jo 09-26-2011 05:24 PM

So happy to read your update.

Prayers and much love to a dear, sweet her2support friend.

I love you Tricia....

Mary Jo

suzan w 09-26-2011 06:52 PM

Yes it is good to hear from you, Tricia. You give me so much hope. Thank you for checking in, when I grow up I want to be just like you!!! XO