HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My new treatment plan (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33781)

kareneg 04-29-2008 03:38 PM

My new treatment plan

I will be starting Xeloda Ixempra and Herceptin tomorrow. Please I need all your prayers that this will work. Thanks for everything I love you all. And any info will be apprciated on how this treatment has or is working for anyone.

All my Love
Karen

Becca 04-29-2008 03:53 PM

Karen, hope having a treatment plan in order helps you to feel better about the situation. I started on ixempra today. I am still rather loopy feeling from the premeds and am wondering how I will feel in the next few days. I was on the xeloda/tykerb combo for almost 11 months. I had side effects, but did well on the combo. Several gals on this site are on ixempra, so you might learn some about it from them. Yes, I am praying for you and I know many other sisters (and brothers) here are too. I also need prayers that this will work for me, so I would appreciate prayer for me too. Dear Karen we are thinking and cheering for you.
Becca

Mary Anne in TX 04-29-2008 04:03 PM

Becca & Karen... if tons of prayer will make that stuff work better, it's a cinch! I'm adding my prayers for you both for fast, fantastic results. You are loved, ma

Bill 04-29-2008 04:03 PM

Sweetheart Karen, I'm glad you have a new plan ahead of you. I think Lopsided was/is on Ixempra and has had good results ( I think it was her), and I know with the Xeloda, in pill form, the dosage can be adjusted if you do have side effects. I think they usually do 2 weeks on, 1 off, and if you do have the "typical" Xeloda side effects- hand and foot syndrome, diarrhea, let your doc. know right away. I think you have a great combo. Thoughts and prayers for you, sweetie! Love, Bill

Mary Jo 04-29-2008 04:24 PM

Dear Karen and Becca....

I ask God to bless you both with successful treatments. May your bodies be protected from the awful side effects these drugs can sometimes give us but may the drugs do what they are suppose to do for you. Also, I ask God to wrap His arms around you both and give you strength and peace.

My love and gentle hugs to you both....

Mary Jo

Carol Carlson 04-29-2008 04:34 PM

Karen,
I've not had this treatment but you are most certainly in my prayers that this will work well. Take care and God Bless.
Carol

Karen W 04-29-2008 05:17 PM

I am praying for both of you, Karen and Becca. I know that a couple of people have had great success with the drug Ixempra, so I a certain that it will work for the two of you, too.

Sending love, strength and prayers you way.

Karen

Kim in DC 04-29-2008 05:27 PM

I'm praying for you Karen!!!!!!!!

Becky 04-29-2008 05:40 PM

You are in my thoughts that the new combo will kick cancer out the door.

Faith in Him 04-29-2008 05:51 PM

Karen,

I am praying that this new treatment works wonders for you. I think of you often.

Hugs,
Tonya

Kavy 04-29-2008 09:29 PM

Karen and Becca

I am praying that this new combo will work great for both of you.

Hugs,
KarlaV.

Patb 04-30-2008 01:13 PM

My prayers are with you that this new treatment will work. Sending healing thoughts your way.
patb

chrisy 04-30-2008 02:32 PM

Karen, my heart - and prayers - go out to you. You are sure having a time of it trying to find the right mix. Ixempra seems like a good choice, as it is quite "different" from anything else you have tried. I hope and pray this one gives you the much needed relief you deserve.

You are always in my prayers.

Julie2 04-30-2008 02:41 PM

Dear Karen,

I am hoping and praying that this treatment will be the right thing for you.

Julie

LOPSIDED 04-30-2008 05:01 PM

Karen & Becca

Ixempra Was Good To Me And I Hope You Find It Tolerable. My Doctor Says He Loves Ixempra. He Told Me He Had Another Patient Who Was Very Sick & Basically Stayed In Bed Most Of The Time, He Put Her On Ixempra And She Is Up And Around And Feeling Much Better. Good Luck To Both Of You.

Soccermom 04-30-2008 05:30 PM

Karen,
I so hope Ixempra does the trick! Thinking of you,
Marcia

Joan M 04-30-2008 05:52 PM

Karen,

I hope your first treatment went well, and that this is the answer you need. You're in my prayers.

Joan

Jean 04-30-2008 06:19 PM

Karen,
All good wishes along with prayers ae being send your way.

Hugs,
jean

caya 04-30-2008 08:21 PM

Karen,I pray that this is the magic cocktail for you. Good wishes are being sent to you from Canada.all the bestcaya

Vanessa 04-30-2008 08:52 PM

Here is hoping that your new tx plan works for all three of you. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.