HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   12 years from lumpectomy and good news (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56486)

StephN 11-05-2012 03:34 PM

12 years from lumpectomy and good news

Just sharing my med onc report of last week, which happened to be on my surgery anniversary. CT scan showed nothing of note or concern, and blood analysis was great.
Only change was my sodium level 2 points under normal range, but that is not hazardous!

And NED is still with me very close to FOUR years after dropping my best friend Vitamin H. No repercussion so far!

Now I just need to get my left leg to quit hurting and get to rehabing more energetically. I am hating the "slow but sure" method ...

Mandamoo 11-05-2012 04:09 PM

Re: 12 years from lumpectomy and good news

That is great news Steph - your story is one of inspiration to many of us. You tried something and it paid off - what many of us because of your example are now trying too - trying new things in the hope that they may pay off for us.
I sure hope that your leg heals quickly.
Much love,

Mary Jo 11-05-2012 04:16 PM

What this board needed. Some encouraging and uplifting news. This board has suffered some sad news lately. As wonderful as herceptin is and the advances they are making in the breast cancer world, still, too many struggle with this disease.

Thanks for bringing some encouragement.

Congrats to you friend.

Mary Jo

alicem 11-05-2012 05:12 PM

Steph, this is wonderful news. How about a race to see who's leg heals faster...!!!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...83496227023553

NEDenise 11-05-2012 05:19 PM

Steph...
I want to grow up to be just like you!!!

Just keep showing me how it's done!
Love and a big hug for you and NED!
Denise

Laurel 11-05-2012 05:49 PM

Ok! Do I hear a collective HALLELUJAH? Terrific news, Steph. I can only imagine that the "slow but steady" healing process with the leg is NOT at all easy for a go-getter like yourself! Hang in there.

KDR 11-05-2012 06:23 PM

Steph
You are everything I aspire to be...you've been my light since the day I joined this board. Thank you so much for sharing and may you always be NED.
Love
Karen

caya 11-05-2012 09:13 PM

Great news Steph!! Thanks for sharing, we LOVE good news!

Looking forward to many many more good reports from you!
xo

all the best
caya

evergreen 11-05-2012 09:21 PM

Congratulations, Steph! You are an inspiration!

Paty 11-05-2012 09:50 PM

Steph,

I rejoice with you on this. Great news!!

Pamelamary 11-05-2012 10:25 PM

Wonderful news, Steph - an inspiration for us all.

Mel3 11-05-2012 11:59 PM

Steph,

That is excellent news! I hope your legs heals quickly so you can enjoy the riverwalk in a few weeks. You are an inspiration to us all!

Mel

sarah 11-06-2012 12:08 AM

Great news Stephanie! hope the leg starts to heal more quickly.
Expect to see you both next year here in France
love sarah

Pray 11-06-2012 05:48 AM

How wonderful for you Steph! Gods blessings to you.

Jean 11-06-2012 06:31 AM

Steph,
How happy your post makes me feel. Your healing and NED success give all courage and hope especially our new members. We can all relate to the early days of dx and the fear that hits you square in the face.

Your strength & never give up attitude plus medical approach demonstrates that we are making strides.
Small they maybe. I am so happy for your 4th yr. with out Herceptin and my heart is lifted to know you are doing so well. We all needed to hear this fantastic news.

Now get that leg on board!!!!
Big Huge Hugs,
Jean

LeahM 11-06-2012 12:51 PM

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

greenacres 11-06-2012 01:45 PM

WONDERFUL - WONDERFUL - WONDERFUL NEWS! YIPPEE! CONGRATULATIONS! :) Always so great to hear stories like this.
Sandra

Ellie F 11-07-2012 05:20 AM

Yes! Brilliant news Steph. Just what we needed to hear as there has been lots of sadness this year. Hope you're doing we'll post surgery also.
Ellie

StephN 11-07-2012 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone, glad this good news brightens the board.
As for my leg, we have figured out what I have is like SHINGLES only without the rash. Now I understand why it hurts SO much, and is so slow to notice any healing.

Just as the shingles virus is in the spine and sits on the nerve root, so did that bit of disc that was removed. When shingles virus becomes active it irritates that nerve and the "shingles" appears some place down the line from the same nerve root.

My bit of disc was irritating my nerve in just the same way, and where I have the pain and problem is a ways down the line from that same nerve root.

We have something called Dermatomes, which is our skin area connected to different nerve roots. The little nerve branches are in the dermatones, and this is why a burn will sting and hurt so much. I feel Like I had a big burn.

It is slowly improving, and I am working on my walking every day now.

sassy 11-07-2012 06:24 PM

I am setting off new "tones" for your dermatones to get that leg better fast!

Congrats on your continued good news journey and thanks for lifting all our spirits!