HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Kate (Tousled1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31293)

Kavy 11-26-2007 10:06 PM

Update on Kate (Tousled1)

Hi, everybody,

I talked to Kate today, and here is the update. Her fever comes and goes, and they might do a bronchoscopy soon but they need to run one more test first. She is getting 3 kinds of IV antibiotics, and tomorrow she will get the results of her CT scan and Xrays.
I read your get well messages for her, and she said they lifted her spirits. She was very happy to hear from all of you. This is her message to you " I am hanging in there, just getting poked. I don't know what I would do without the support of you, wonderful women. Please, keep the prayers coming, I do believe in the power of prayer. Then I told her about the chain prayer that would take place tonight at 8:00 pm, and here is what she said "I appreciate all the prayers. I am not gonna let this get me down. I pray for each and every man and woman from this site. I got my rosary here in the hospital with me and it is getting a lot of use".
For Andi she added " I brought my Ipod and 2 pillows."
For Catherine she added " The food here is terrible!"

I joined all of you in the chain prayer for Kate this evening. And I want to thank you all for the support you are giving to our dear friend.
I pray that all of you are doing great. God bless you.
KarlaV.

Chelee 11-26-2007 10:22 PM

Kavy, Thank you so much for being such a good friend to Kate and keeping us updated. I'm so glad to hear she is hanging in there. Hopefully that fever will totally go away and she won't have to have that bronchoscopy. Hopefully the CT will show some improvement. These things do take time. I'm keeping Kate in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Yorkiegirl 11-26-2007 10:42 PM

Karla thanks so much for the upate on Kate. Please let her know I will continue prayers for her.

I pray that her CT Scan and X Rays show good results and those antibiotics kick in fast for her.
Thanks again for the update.

hutchibk 11-27-2007 12:59 AM

Karla - thank you for being our conduit to Kate. Please continue to keep a good eye on her. Did she take some comfy jammies, too? What hospital is she in?

sarah 11-27-2007 01:34 AM

Kavy thanks for the update on Kate. We're all thinking of her. I know when I was in hospital, I appreciated listening to books on tape and classical music - dvds were too hard because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Also a friend gave me a scented pillow which I liked very much and I also had a very soft stuffed animal.
lots of love and hugs for both of you
sarah

Belinda 11-27-2007 03:39 AM

Kate was one of the first people to say hi to me on this forum and she has been such a wonderful communicator and always responded when I needed some guidance and support. Would you pls send my love - from Belinda in Australia? I am sad she is going through a tough patch - I will be wishing hard for her.

Thanks - Bxx

michka 11-27-2007 04:22 AM

Kavy, thank you for being our precious link with Kate. Send her all my love. I am sure the antibiotics will do the job. I am hoping to see her post again her so wonderful messages. I am not good at praying but I did for Kate. Michka

dhealey 11-27-2007 05:14 AM

Karla,
Thank you for the update on Kate. I will continue to pray for her return of good health.

Jean 11-27-2007 11:10 AM

Karla,
You are an angel to keep us all updated on Kate.
I was so grateful for your update today.
Please tell Kate the prayers will continue....and give her a big hug for me.

jean

Believe51 11-27-2007 12:40 PM

Karla

Thanks for the updates on our dear Kate we appreciate you being our messenger. Send her love, hugs and prayers for me and let her know of her anticipated return home.>>Believe51

suzan w 11-27-2007 01:29 PM

Thank you so much for the update! Good news! Continue to send hugs and prayers!!!

Soccermom 11-27-2007 01:45 PM

Karla, Thank you for the update! Still thinking good thoughts for our Kate!
Marcia

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-27-2007 02:35 PM

TRIPLE ANTIBIOTICS is a wonderful curative! It woke my Mother from a deep coma and brought her back w/a song in her voice. That is precisely what this combo will do for you, Kate! Bet you'll be humming to your IPOD in no time...

My prayers for you are non-stop, as are many others. Kavy, you're an angel for keeping us informed. Kate is thought of as a cherished Sister and we all truly care, so your updates mean the world to us. Thank you for being such an outstanding friend. Bless you. You are an excellent reporter, BTW, giving us all the details! I love the *and then she saids...* Feel like we're visiting her right there, as we wish we could. No. Better to let her rest and gather her strength.

Sending hugs, love and copious amounts of healing energy to you, Kate! Can't wait till you're up and posting again. Miss you. But, for now, focus on rebounding quickly, please...
Andi

Kim in CA 11-27-2007 03:55 PM

Karla,

Please convey my get well wishes to Kate as well. Saying a prayer that she gets home soon. Darned hospitals, my least favorite place to be, but sometimes it's the best place to be....

Hugs to you Kate,

Kim

Julie2 11-27-2007 07:24 PM

Karla,

Please convey my best wishes to Kate. Let her know that I am praying for her and want her to get well quickly.

Julie

Debra 11-27-2007 07:28 PM

Karla -

Thank you so much for the update. I am a silent member most times but I have been thinking of Kate so much since she was admitted to the hospital. I am glad to hear she is not letting this get her down.
Thanks again for that update.

BonnieR 11-27-2007 07:58 PM

please add me to the long list of well-wishers!!!

Joe 11-27-2007 09:15 PM

Kate,

Hurry back we all miss you.

Regards
Joe

harrie 11-27-2007 11:27 PM

If any of you talk to Kate, she may not know me personally, but I have read many of her posts. Please tell her she is in my thoughts and prayers.
Harrie