HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Happy 3 year cancerversary to you Becky (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29909)

Mary Jo 09-07-2007 06:24 PM

Happy 3 year cancerversary to you Becky

After reading Juanita's post about her 3 year cancerversary I remembered our Becky also had a 3 year cancerversary coming up. I checked and sure enough, it was............Sept. of 2004. Maybe it isn't yet, seeing how it's the 7th only. At first read I thought it was Sept. 4th but looking more closely see it Sept. of '04. Well, whatever.........close enough...........

Happy 3 year cancerversary to you Becky. May God continue to Bless you with all the good things He has.

You are loved........by God and by all of us on this board.

Mary Jo

juanita 09-07-2007 06:32 PM

Congratulations!!! I know how good you feel.

KRISS 09-07-2007 06:37 PM

Congrats Becky
Enjoy the day and do something for yourself. Lord knows you do so much for us here!

Becky 09-07-2007 07:39 PM

Thank you very much. Today is my cancerversary too - same as Juanita and the same amount of years (3). I also had my onc appointment (coincidentally) today and all is well.

I am happy to be doing and feeling well because 3 years ago (having had surgery), I was not too sure of anything. You need to learn so much so fast and not make a mistake. I remember coming home from the lumpectomy and insisting my husband go to the school to work on a project I volunteered for months before (my mom stayed with me). The next day, I made several medical onc appointments for my opinions and called the pathology dept of the hospital I had the lumpectomy at to have them send my slides to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion. My mom was blown away. After all that was done, I took 2 percosets and crashed. What a life we lead.

I am grateful for this board and all of you. It brings me back to the beginning when Lolly, StephN, Al from Canada, Alaska Angel, Rozebud, Cathya as well as others who are not with us anymore (Lisa, SandyH, Tom (after his mother passed away)) who really helped me when I knew nothing and Herceptin wasn't available yet (I got it later, 4 months after my last chemo). RB and Lani are also so important to all of us. (I do feel RB is right on about fatty acid chemistry and its role in inflammation on the formation of cancers).

You are all very special and thank you for remembering me. Now... I just have to decide what I really want to buy myself this cancerversary (in fact, one of the chemo nurses saw me today and asked what I was going to buy myself this year)???

Bev 09-07-2007 07:59 PM

Congrats and thank you for being our voice of reason for so long.

Those we have lost, really affect us. I will never forget. But here we are, still hanging there. It's all we can do. BB

tousled1 09-07-2007 08:17 PM

Congratulations Becky. Let us know what you buy for yourself.

caya 09-07-2007 08:20 PM

Congrats Becky on being 3 years out! You are one of my heroes here on the board - a voice of reason and information. Very reassuring to us "newbies".

Wishing you many more healthy years.

all the best
caya

sassy 09-07-2007 08:39 PM

Becky,

Best wishes on this special milestone. Just the third year on the way to decades ahead.

Thanks for your shared knowledge and support of so many of us.
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS

Jean 09-07-2007 08:44 PM

Dear Becky,
I am so happy for you! I wish you 33 X 2 more years my dear friend.
Your calm reassuring kindness has been a treasured gift to me and
others. May God continue to Bless you.

Love
Jean

lexigirl 09-07-2007 08:53 PM

Becky!! Happy three year anniversary!! You are always so supportive and full of the latest information. You are such a blessing to us all. I wish you many many more years of continued good health!

Hugs,
Lexi

Julie2 09-07-2007 08:59 PM

Congratulations Becky for the 3rd year. I was crossing my fingers to celebrate my 3rd year but I just missed it(recenlty diagnosed with recurrence)

Julie

Karen Weixel 09-07-2007 10:04 PM

Congratulations Becky!

Karen

RhondaH 09-08-2007 02:41 AM

Congratulations Becky!!!

I'ts your SECOND birthday. Enjoy AND relax...Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Mary Anne in TX 09-08-2007 04:10 AM

Lots of best wishes and appreciation to you Becky!
Hope you stay on so long that you can hardly think of something to celebrate with! Those gifts should get bigger and better in the years to come!
Have a great day!

Sheila 09-08-2007 05:05 AM

Becky
Congratulations on 3 years....each year is a bigger and better milestone, as if to outdo the last. May you have many many more to come....and many more gifts to celebrate.....let us know what you get for yourself!

Hopeful 09-08-2007 06:38 AM

Congratulations, Becky. I am very happy for you.

Hopeful

DonnaD 09-08-2007 07:21 AM

Congratulations Becky on 3 years. We want to know what you buy yourself!

Thank you for the knowledge and support you share on this site. You are so important to us all. I share a specail bond with you because I to had a lumpectomy. I feel in the minority here and pray daily I have made the right decision. I celebrate with you.

Go Girl!
Donna

lilyecuadorian 09-08-2007 07:33 AM

Congrats

Congratulation Becky ( our genius-onco-cyber-teacher who explain us what mean some things ) feliz aniversario ..and many many more to come

Patb 09-08-2007 02:04 PM

Hi Becky
Another congratulations and thanks for all your input and help for me
since I am only one year and 4 months out. When you are first diagnosed
you know nothing and I felt so lost but found my place. Thanks again.
patb

Becky 09-08-2007 06:54 PM

Thank you everyone. Yesterday I was talking to my youngest daughter (16 - and now the only one home as I now have a Senior and a Freshman in college). She will graduate from High School in 2 years. When I was diagnosed, she was just entering 8th grade. She is an okay student who is improving. I told her, "I never thought I would see you graduate from High School but now I am sure I will"! She replied, "Did you really think I was that stupid"!

So, it was nice to know that the others in our lives move on and feel more comfortable quickly, especially if you take care and go about life too. I did tell her that was not what I meant and we both had a good laugh.

Thanks for thinking of me.