HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66956)

Cathya 11-04-2018 02:37 PM

Re: almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs

Laurel;

I'm pretty thrilled. These results will be confirmed with another scan early January. What's great is that this offers all hormone positives a great treatment option. I'll keep you all informed as I go....and I'll be in touch with Her2+'s on treatment.

Thank you,

Cathy

Cathya 01-16-2019 08:55 AM

Had my January scan and all previously existing nodules seen on last scan have resolved completely.....yahoo. There are two new larger nodular areas but they are suggestive of inflammatory changes.....I've had a bad cold for the last month so that's not surprising. I'll have another scan to reevaluate in a few months. But, all good news to me. I see the onc in early February.

Lauren, who is her2+ is also doing very well with our Ibrance/Letrozole treatments.

Good luck to everyone. I know that January is generally a busy scan month.....not fun and full of scanexity. I'm praying for good results for you all.

Cathy

lkc Gumby 01-16-2019 03:07 PM

wonderful, wonderful news!

Laurel 01-16-2019 05:15 PM

Cathy,

That is good news! What a great way to begin 2019! Yea! Thanks for letting us know. It brings some sunshine to this cold winter!

Laurel

Becky 01-16-2019 06:56 PM

Great news Cathy

Carol Ann 01-16-2019 07:15 PM

Wonderful, YAY!

Carol Ann

Donna H 01-18-2019 01:08 PM

Great to hear!

tricia keegan 01-21-2019 03:15 PM

So glad to read this news and very happy for you Cathya.

Cathya 01-21-2019 10:38 PM

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I do so appreciate your thoughts. Please keep in mind this treatment for any triple positives here turning stage 4. I'm hoping it will work for a very long time.....at least until a cure or immunotherapy is available....lol.

Cathy

SoCalGal 02-04-2019 07:57 PM

Just saying hello! Thinking of you...

Cathya 02-12-2019 08:33 AM

Hi Flori;

So nice to hear from you. I haven't been too active on the board recently. I'm doing well with treatment but find the se's a bugger. I'm so sick of coughing and bloody, sore noses and being tired all the time. I wonder how much of that frustration is the weather lol. Ah well the alternative is much worse lol. It's so cold and icy here. We're expecting 30 some cm of snow (around 15 plus inches) this afternoon and more tomorrow. I'd like to go out and do some shopping this morning but there's ice everywhere....the roads are good but the walkways and driveways are treacherous. So rather then risk a fall I'll just stay in. I'm Canadian so used to this time of winter but it is a bugger. I lived in Winnipeg for 20 years so I really shouldn't complain about the weather here in Ontario.

I hope your mood improves following treatment. I would find it very difficult to deal with your clinic I know and I can only hope you're feeling so much better and optimistic about the treatments themselves that your frustration passes quickly. Have you been dancing lately?

Thinking of you,

Cathy