HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Glad to be here (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39357)

sassy 05-09-2009 07:22 PM

Glad to be here

Four years ago, I wondered if I would be around to see many of the rites of passage with my boys.

Those thoughts don't plague me nearly as much today. (Note I say nearly.)

This month we enjoyed the PROM!! and soon the graduation of my oldest.

Mother's Day is joyful.

Life is good.

Mary Anne in TX 05-09-2009 08:07 PM

You did so good, Sassy! They're fine looking guys!
Happy Mom's Day!
ma

WomanofSteel 05-10-2009 06:32 AM

I agree, what handsome young men they are!

Gerri 05-10-2009 02:21 PM

These are the moments that make it all worthwhile. Wishing you many more important milestones to come!

Happy Mother's Day!

ElaineM 05-10-2009 03:49 PM

Glad to be here

Your sons are very happy you are here.
They look very happy to be sharing their special occassions with you too.

Joan M 05-10-2009 05:29 PM

Sassy,

Happy Mother's Day and congratulations on your son's graduation soon.

Joan

lexigirl 05-10-2009 07:03 PM

Yay Sassy! Happy Mother's Day!! I feel the same as you. And I am so thankful to be here to celebrate, too!

I was able to see my son go to Junior prom. I wasn't sure that I would be able to see that. I am hopeful to see him graduate next year, as well as see my dear daughter graduate in 2014. That is an awful ways away, but I am hopeful to still be here.

Handsome boys you have whom I know are so very happy you are their mom!

HUgs,
Lexi

Shobha 05-11-2009 08:56 AM

Congratulations Rhonda! Your boys look very handsome indeed. You should be so proud of yourself, for being so brave, fighting so hard to be around to see them grow! God bless you with a long life and more memorable moments with your children!

hugs,
shobha

schoolteacher 05-11-2009 12:08 PM

Sassy,

They are very handsome young men. In my eyes, you are a warrior. You were one of the first to offer me hope.

Amelia

MJo 05-11-2009 12:24 PM

RE: glad to be here

Billy Joel went to his ex-wife Christie Brinkley's wedding to her second husband. A reporter asked him "Are you happy to be here?" Billy Joel answered, "I'm happy to be anywhere."

As a cancer survivor, that's how I feel. I'm happy to be anywhere!

Enjoy life. The boys are handsome. Good job, mom.

Cannon 05-11-2009 04:36 PM

Good looking fellows! Enjoy!

Laurel 05-11-2009 06:06 PM

Yea! Handsome lads, living, loving life! How good is that! Thanks for the inspiration that is your life!

Mary Jo 05-11-2009 07:39 PM

What a happy post and what handsome sons you have. You, too, a 4 yearer huh? Me too...ALMOST...dx 4 years ago next month.

I feel good.....am in great shape......and thank God for this wonderful life I wake up to daily.

One day at a time.......

Mary Jo

Believe51 05-11-2009 11:56 PM

Sassy, I am so happy when you share your milestones with these two special boys with us. As a person in the sidelines watching your fight, praying for moments like this for you.....well I cannot put that in words. While you were on this journey I watched you walk towards getting better and I am thankful that you experience such feelings. I thrive along you when you acheive things like this, they are gifts for the tough times you conquer. Gives a new meaning to 'Lifetime Achievement' ey??Love>>Believe51

Jean 05-12-2009 12:25 PM

Sassy,
Your sons are handsome indeed!
Congratualtions on their success and a big hug for you too!

Now - let's concentrate on the next 5 yrs..+ 5 yrs., + 5yrs, and so on and so on....

Hugs,
Jean

lkc Gumby 05-12-2009 01:27 PM

Sassy,
Your boys are very handsome. You must be so proud. I am out 4 years too, isn't it great?
God Bless!

Kimberly Lewis 05-12-2009 06:42 PM

good going sassy! Glad to be here at almost 4yrs now too.

sassy 05-13-2009 08:27 PM

Maybe we need to have a big 4 year party! I think there will be more and more of us to celebrate the years together. Those of us at 4 years are the first group to have Herceptin for early stage as standard of care.

Thank you all for your comments, and Kim its good to "see" you again!

Sheila 05-15-2009 05:07 AM

Sassy
What handsome boys!!!! THey must get those good looks from their Mom!! I can still remember the pic you had of one of them in your wig! Congrats on your milestone...you are such an inspiration on this board....may you celebrate many many more years with your family and all of us!!!!