HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   8 years ago today... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32155)

madubois63 01-12-2008 09:29 PM

8 years ago today...

8 years ago today I was diagnosed with stage IV inflammatory bc. I was given less than a year to live (I didn't learn that until a little later). 8 years ago today I learned what an oncologist was. Dr. Theo is the man that saved my life three times (well, actually two so far, but I'm counting on him to get this one under control too...). I was going to let this day go by without saying anything, but I decided to acknowledge this day for my own well being. None of you knew me from before cancer, and I'm not sure if I even remember the old me. I like to think I was a good person then, but I know I am a better person and mom for having been through what I've been through. I'd like to thank you all for keeping me sane (no jokes please) and surrounded by love, friendship and prayers. At times, I may not be the friend that I should be (not returning e-mails, phone calls or sending out Christmas cards), but you are all always in my prayers and heart.

Love to all...Keep praying for the cure. I know I am...

Bill 01-12-2008 09:49 PM

Wow, Maryanne, God has blessed you. You've been granted some good years, (I know alot of it was rough), but the cancer does make you look at things in a different light. I've prayed for guidance and wisdom for Dr. Theo so that he may better help you. Sweet dreams tonight to you and yours. Love and prayers, Bill

caya 01-12-2008 09:54 PM

Maryann,

Thank you for sharing this news with us - 8 years at stage IV, with all your various up and downs? AMAZING!
Keep up the fight, praying that Dr. Theo will continue to help you, as we all pray for the cure.

all the best
caya

Tom 01-12-2008 10:31 PM

Congratulations Maryann. Happy to know you are still OK.

Sincerely,
Tom

jones7676 01-12-2008 11:19 PM

Your eight years of survivorship is worth mentioning. I'm so glad you did. I'm wishing you at least 8 more.

Jean 01-12-2008 11:27 PM

Dear Maryanne,
You are one tough sweet cookie. My oh My your correct about cancer
making us stronger, kinder, and most of all a higher sense of what is important, amazing isn't it?

So glad you shared with us your 8 yr. anniversary, it is a major one.
I am keeping you in my prayers.

Love,
Jean

Chelee 01-13-2008 12:44 AM

MaryAnn, Big CONGRATULATIONS to you! I can't even begin to imagine what its been like to go through all that you have! You absolutely amaze me. You've heard it a million times but you ARE TRUE INSPIRATION to me, & I'll sure everyone here. For someone that was given a year...you sure fooled them & then some! :) The way you pushed forward no matter what was in front of you...and WITH a sense of humor is more then amazing. I am so glad you didn't let this day go by without sharing it with us because its MAJOR. One that should be acknowledged and celebrated. Since Dr. Theo saved your life twice...you know what they say about the *third* time. ;) So hang in there and again....congratulations! Your always in my thoughts and prayers.Chelee

Mary Anne in TX 01-13-2008 08:03 AM

Maryann, I'm awefully glad that you're such a fighter and that you have such great doctors! Wouldn't be the same without you! I hope you have 8 more "8 years"!!!!!! Just live forever, girl! You're a blessing to us all. ma

nitewind 01-13-2008 08:14 AM

I agree with everyone here. You truly are a fighter. I wish I had one third of your strength and determination. Love reading your posts, you will never know how much you have helped me. Big congratulations on the 8 years!
Hugs

PinkGirl 01-13-2008 08:55 AM

Madame Dubois
Thank you for sharing this anniversary with us. You are truly an inspiration to everyone on this board. You fight so hard and never forget what the fight is for. Your words have given me information, insight, hope, and a few laughs. It is amazing to me that this stupid disease has brought so many wonderful people into my life. Congratulations on your 8 years - they certainly all haven't been easy years for you, but you are here with us and we are all grateful for that. Keep on doing what you've been doing - it is working. Congrats.

mslinda 01-13-2008 08:57 AM

Congratulation MaryAnn. Just goes to show you that prayers are answered. You are a living and walking miracle. That is so wonderful. You give others hope that they too can beat this. I pray for your continued good health, and the strength to continue to fight.
Good luck to you.
Linda

Mary Jo 01-13-2008 09:49 AM

Dear Maryann,

Am I ever happy you decided to share this day with us. One more thing to thank God for today. YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Maryann, what a blessing for you. You've been through so much but listen to you in your post. No complaints - just thankful for all you are TODAY. And TODAY is what matters.

Continue to live it the fullest, spreading that love and joy we all hold in our hearts.

I'm SOOOOO very happy for you and right now thank Our Loving God and Father for His loving Hand on you.

Mary Jo

tricia keegan 01-13-2008 09:59 AM

Congratulations Maryann, you' ve always been an inspiration to me since joining this board and continue to do so each day. I'm very glad you mentioned your 8th anniversary and gave us all the opportunity to share in your achievement!
Here's to many more..

IRENE FROM TAMPA 01-13-2008 10:50 AM

Congrats MaryAnne

you are one amazing strong women and such an inspiration to us all.

Thank YOU

BonnieR 01-13-2008 11:02 AM

You are a great example of the term "keep the faith"! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Bonnie

tousled1 01-13-2008 11:37 AM

MaryAnne,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! I always enjoy reading your posts. No matter what seems to be going on you always maintain that positive air and great sense of humor. You're truly an inspiration.

Donna 01-13-2008 12:31 PM

Happy Happy!!!

Dear Maryann,

Thanks so much for posting this - you were one of the first people to respond to me when I joined so I always felt a special conneciton to you. I would panic when we didn't hear from you for awhile. I know these have been rough years and I hope and pray for easier times ahead for a very long, long, long time! You have been an inspiration to me and I thank you for all you have contributed to our her2 family!

Keep going! Love to you! Donna

Carolyns 01-13-2008 12:36 PM

Hi MaryAnne,

Thank you very much for sharing!

You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to your doctor's too.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Mgarr 01-13-2008 01:28 PM

Congratulations

Mary Anne,

You are force to be reckoned with! You inspire us all with your positive attitude and fighting spirit. I know #3 will be the charm and you will be NED.

All my best.

Mary

fullofbeans 01-13-2008 01:56 PM

Congratulation!
You have a great fighting spirit, and stage 4 IBC 8 years ago amazing, thanks for sharing you give everyone hope and inspiration.