HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ultrasound good - I think. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30440)

Stephanie B. 10-09-2007 10:50 AM

Ultrasound good - I think.

I went in for an ultrasound this morning on my "good" breast because I had felt a small soft lump and my onc wanted to have it checked out to be safe. Although I don't have the results back yet the fact that the technician checked by breast and then wanted to know where I had felt something and looked there again makes me think she didn't see anything there. Am I being too optimistic? I am supposed to see my onc on Monday for the results. I am supposed to be getting a PET before then to see if the liver mets are gone also, but my insurance is taking forever to approve it. I really want to stop the Taxol - bi weekly since Feb is long enough! I also have done something to my tailbone and have pain from that. I also have pains that shoot down the backs of my legs, but I don't know if that is from the tailbone or the Taxol! I am going to see a Pain Medicine Doctor tomorrow to hopefully get something for the tailbone and leg pain. One more doctor to add to my list!!!

Thanks for letting me rattle on.

Stephanie B.

DonnaD 10-09-2007 10:56 AM

Stephanie,
Just had to respond and say...... What beautiful children!

I am sorry you will have to wait until Mon. for results. Waiting is the hardest part for me.

Also sorry to hear you are having pain in the tailbone and leg. Hoping you can get some relief from Pain Med DR.

Concentrate on those beautiful kids, they grow so fast!
Donna

Stephanie B. 10-09-2007 11:02 AM

Thank you Donna. My kids are what keep me going everyday and make me fight this stupid disease.

Steph

Sheila 10-09-2007 11:10 AM

Stephanie
I hope all is well with the ultrasound, and hope the insurance approves the PET soon...nothing like waiting for them! I read in your post that you have been on Taxol since February? I feel for you! I have been on it since June, first weekly, now just started bi-weekly....I think the premeds are the worse part....I am so tired of IV Push Decadron! And the Benedryl...YUCK! It seems the worse thing I have is sore legs...my legs ache from the knees down, don't know if its the Taxol or the Avastin I'm on.
Love the picture of your children....they are precious! They grow so fast!...You are blessed!

Becky 10-09-2007 07:39 PM

Dear Stephanie

I just went through the exact same thing last week. A cyst usually doesn't appear as much of anything if it appears at all on mammogram. Mine didn't show there and I have easy to mammo breasts - not dense at all. On ultrasound, cysts appear as smooth - and are either round or oval and black (black means fluid and white means solid as far as ultrasound is concerned). When I felt it, mine was not that soft but was more rubbery - but a lump none the less and very scary. My onc said it was a cyst before I had the tests but said we had to be sure.

I'm sure you're in the same situation as it sounds similar but I know you are probably worried because I was. My cyst is in an area where I had a wide excision DCIS so I was sure it was a recurrence since I did not have radiation (due to wide clear margins and a DCIS than was only 3mm). I will be thinking about you.

Stephanie B. 10-11-2007 04:25 PM

Update

Well, I got the results of my ultrasound today and everything came back clear :) I am still waiting on my authorization for the PET Scan :( I went to the Pain doctor for my tailbone yesterday and he gave me two different kinds of medication and has be scheduled for an epidural injection of pain meds next week. I took the pain meds last night and I actually slept all night, but I also took the decadron because I had chemo this morning, so I am not sure which one helped! I also got blood work and my tumor markers we up a little which I really didn't want to hear because I want my mets to be going away so I can get off of this nasty stuff. I will wait for the PET scan before I freak out about that though.

Thanks again for listening to me ramble.

Stephanie B.

tousled1 10-11-2007 07:40 PM

Stephanie,

Glad the ultrasound came back with good results. The epidural will give you a lot of relief -- trust me on this one as I get them ocassionaly. Hopefully you'll have your PET soon and that too will reveal good results.

swanky 10-13-2007 10:01 AM

Yeah on clear ultrasound!!!! I hope the PET thing get approved soon, we want to see those METS gone or just beat to hell.