HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hello again to everyone from a fellow survivor (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34823)

KymAustralia 07-19-2008 12:31 AM

Hello again to everyone from a fellow survivor

Hello Joe, Christine and everyone else !!! Been a while and I am shattered and devestated to read we have now lost our dearest Lolly. I am such a coward I think thats why I am afraid to check on this site for long periods because it breaks my heart to hear that yet another angel who inspired me so much with her caring and courage has passed.
I am praying for all Lolly's friends and family .........God Bless you all and dearest Lolly who is now at God's side with Lyn, Mary and others I grew to love through this site. I will miss her so much.

I am still doing well thanks to all you pioneers and you are in my thoughts always.

Congratulations Joe on your retirement. (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))) to dear Christine whom I hope is doing well

Much love

Kymxxxx

StephN 07-19-2008 12:34 AM

Great to hear from you, Kym.

LOOKING GOOD! Keep up the good work, and remember that loss is part of life, hard as that may be. We want to keep our dear friends close to us.

KymAustralia 07-19-2008 05:01 AM

Hi Steph,

You're so very right, and I always feel there is so much courage shown on this site thats its very humbling.

Breast cancer is a tough battle.. theres NO doubt of that and its incredibly sad to see some of those who fought this beast so bravely finally succumbing.

I was one of the lucky ones because I was able to get herceptin on trial as a firstline treatment and I am incredibly grateful. In all honesty at this time I have never felt better in my life.

Breast cancer was not all doom and gloom ........ in fact in my case it served as a wake up call and it did have a very positive influence on my life.

Lots of good things occured because of my breast cancer experience. Without this disease I never would have ventured here and met some of the wonderful ladies I did 5 1/2 years ago. Women I will never forget, who touched me with their humor, courage and sharing.

Cancer also forced me to rethink my lifestyle and I completely turned my life around... became fit.. lost a lot of weight and began to appreciate life and live it to the fullest again.... all due to this brush with death.

I return here to pay tribute to those wonderful brave women who paved the way for those like me and in return I hope to give hope and inspiration to those who are newly diagnosed because I know what a terrifying experience it can be.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Mary Jo 07-19-2008 05:31 AM

Hi Kym,

I've never "met" you but enjoyed reading your post. Cancer can change our lives for the better - no doubt - and learning to live within our "new normal" can be challenging at times but I believe we become better people on account of that "challenge."

I'm so happy for you that you are doing so well and so much good has come from a so called "bad" situation for you.

God's continued blessings of healing I pray for you.

Mary Jo