HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59493)

NEDenise 11-09-2013 07:17 AM

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson...

1 Attachment(s)
Auntie Em! Auntie Em!
Red Alert! Captain to the Bridge!
1-Adam- 12 ... see the man...
Danger Will Robinson!
Attention all personnel... Incoming wounded!

You get the idea...

Soooo...Now that I have your attention.... let's travel back it time to Tuesday night when all hell broke loose (un-necessarily to my way of thinking) As many of you know... I am soooo not a panicker... very low threshold on my drama meter!

Tuesday afternoon, I was scheduled for an echo and a CT of my chest, Ab and Pelvis. Well, friends, I had been feeling so blechy for so many days that I was pretty sure it had been at least 3 days since my last actual shower. And I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to try to admit me once I was there...

I tried to muscle the nerve and energy to get ready and go...
but seriously... getting dressed would have been plenty.
riding the hour in the car to the city
traveling to the echo lab - even in a wheelchair
waiting around for my turn
laying on that table for 45 - an hour (because of all my scar tissue)

and THEN having to drink that nasty liquid and do the CT stuff.
It was just more than my little spirit could handle in one day. So I asked Ted to call and reschedule.

OMG! What a s$%@ storm that created! Now everybody and their CRNP was on the phone trying to convince me I needed to be admitted ASAP. The "bed crisis" of the day before be damned... there was a bed waiting for me as soon as Ted could get me there.

Through my wonderful husband, I explained that if getting ready to go, slowly, for two tests was an exhausting prospect... rushing around, packing up to be admitted as well... and getting the kids organized... was not likely to happen before morning.

They were NOT happy (poor things) but soon remembered that some things with our beloved NEDenise are simply not negotiable. So my devoted and quite obviously worried onc evoked a promise that I'd come in "first thing" the following morning to start all the tests they wanted.

Sooo here I sit... drinking the nasty contrast fluid and waiting for the CT. Already had some other stuff done since I've been here but no results yet... still trying to put together a picture of what we're dealing with.
I'm likely here till Monday. Missing My Son's National Marching Band competition _ Out near you Laurel - in the sweetest place of Earth!! :( In a different reality... I'd actually, maybe gotten to meet up with you for a hug! Oh well! Next time!

Everybody... keep those prayers coming for healing for me, and wisdom for my care team! We need it! And I appreciate it more that you can ever know!!

Love to all of you... and big HUGS too!
Denise

BTW - sorry for any missed typos - I am clearly typing under influence. :) Ativan, Percocet, Zofran.. oh my!

dearjilly 11-09-2013 08:49 AM

Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson...

Hi Denise,
I am praying for you and sending some healing thoughts over to you.
Please let us know what is happening.
I'll be thinking about you this weekend.
One question....is there any way you can get off the dex now?
Take care and chat soon.
Hugs, Jill

NEDenise 11-09-2013 08:53 AM

Oh Hunny!
Not only am I not getting off it... they've tripled the dose!
I'm at 24 mg/day now. Have to admit though that I feel a lot steadier than I did without it.

Thanks for checkin in!
How are things going for you?
:) Denise

MaineRottweilers 11-09-2013 09:04 AM

Praying that your team find solutions for you and have you feeling better soon.

dearjilly 11-09-2013 09:07 AM

Why did they triple the dose?
What are they doing with you since admitting you?

I am, umm....I don't know. LOL...you probably get it.
I'm going for my 3rd infusion on Wed. Still have the neuropathy on the right side and still have no vision on the right side. They are watching my heart closely. MRI scheduled for Nov. 27th to see what's going on upstairs.

'lizbeth 11-09-2013 09:54 AM

Ms NEDenise,

Inquiring minds want to know the latest. Keep us posted with the continuing drama. What the heck is going on?

NEDenise 11-09-2013 10:43 AM

hmmm...
Let's see....
Lumbar puncture
MRI of brain
MRI of spine
CT of Chest, Ab and Pelvis
Multiple urine analysis
Multiple, multiple blood draws
And a poor guy down the hall who sounds like he coughs up and spits out his spleen a couple times each hour... ich! What is with THAT?!

Of course... now it's the weekend so results are not forthcoming...
And my neuro guy is at a conference in Europe till next Friday
And my onc is on a MUCH needed 4 day weekend...

And of course... I want ALL the results, and to consult with ALL my experts...
before I'm ready to decide on ANY next steps.

So... right now, I'm eating ice cream and fresh fruit (that's what I'm craving) and waiting for results to trickle in. I think after the batch of tests tomorrow... I might just go home to do the rest of my waiting. We'll see... access to info seems a little easier here... but home has my own food and my puppies!

Keep praying and checking in Dear Friends!
:) Denise

Coux92 11-09-2013 12:46 PM

Tons of prayers and positive energy being sent your way! Can't wait to hear good things for you

PatE 11-09-2013 02:07 PM

Denise,
Please know I am thinking and praying for you! You never cease to amaze me how you can keep your wit with all thats going on. Please know there is much love and good wishes for speedy healing coming your way. May God bless you, your family and healthcare team!
Love
Pat

Laurel 11-09-2013 06:10 PM

Well, wel,l Miss Denise! I miss a day or two from this site and all hell breaks loose! I have been praying for you daily. From the sound of things I'd better step up my prayers! It would have been wonderful to meet up with you in Hershey this weekend. I am sorry you are missing your son's band competition and stuck in a hospital. Stinks.

Well, keep your chin up. Prayers headed upward on your behalf.

Much love, admiration, friendship, and affection--Laurel

valleygirl 11-09-2013 07:10 PM

keeping you in my prayers Denise

Denise

Bunty 11-09-2013 07:14 PM

Denise, oh my goodness me! As usual, you have amused with your not so amusing post. Just to remind you, big hugs, hope and prayers are being sent to you from my part of the world.

Enjoy the ice cream and fruit, and the triple dose of dex!

Marie xx

KDR 11-09-2013 07:15 PM

Denise,
Me and my family and family of friends are sending loving, healing wishes,
Yours,
Karen

LeahM 11-09-2013 07:59 PM

Denise I am sending you love and hugs. I hope you can get some rest when the dude down the hall isn't hacking.

LoisLane 11-09-2013 09:25 PM

Hey Denise I have been waiting to hear what is going on with you. Well they are certainly covering all the bases. Keep eating that ice cream and what ever your dear heart desires. Sending warm hugs and big prayers. Lois

suzan w 11-09-2013 09:29 PM

With that triple dose of dex (that first auto corrected to sex...good thing I proofed it!!!) you probably need a triple dose of ice cream. Hope you rest easy tonight!

caya 11-09-2013 09:56 PM

Hey there Denise sweetie - enjoy that ice cream... Is it chocolate? :)?

Sending prayers that you will get great results from all your scans.

xoxoxoxo

all the best
caya

SoCalGal 11-10-2013 01:56 AM

Don't make me come there and scare the crap out of that cancer. Feeling so pissed off at this disease. It sucks, it robs us, and while we can see our own strength at dealing with this crap on a crapstick (hi Brenda in "heaven"), and we can see miracles and possibilities and some good things from the "journey", right now, I am just so pissed off.
Sending you all my wishes for cancer to leave and for the docs to figure out the next magic trick and for you, Denise, to get back the quality of life you most certainly deserve. Love, Flori

Saygoon 11-10-2013 09:06 AM

Well... sounds like you're not in Kansas anymore Toto but keep your eye on the yellow brick road your journey is far from over but its going to all end up with you back home and doing great. Just keep clicking those heels! HUGS!!!

ammebarb 11-10-2013 09:51 AM

Love to you, Denise, and all good test results soon!