HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My New Treatment: T-DM1 Taxol/Pertuzumab (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52533)

KDR 12-14-2011 07:46 PM

My New Treatment: T-DM1 Taxol/Pertuzumab

Friends,
Luckily, I will start my new regimen at the end of the week. This is a T-DM1 trial that incorporates Taxol and Pertuzumab. So far, data suggests this combination of therapies have proven efficacy. I also love the idea that dosing can be tweaked, meaning that I will probably be able to drop the Taxol during the process. I've already had 32 infusions of Taxol, and know it well. It killed off the 3 cm breast tumor and the lymph tumor almost one year ago and they've never come back. The liver mets, however, are dogging me.

I had a nice run on Taxol and Herceptin to NED before, then a decent stay on Xeloda, Tykerb and Herceptin to my lowest CEA numbers yet. I was disappointed that I could be not be maintained on Tykerb and Herceptin, which was our ultimate target. But alas, some good news finally fell into my lap. Looking forward to kicking out the liver mets with this protocol.

All the best,
Karen

ElaineM 12-14-2011 08:46 PM

Re: My New Treatment: T-DM1 Taxol/Pertuzumab

Good luck with the new treatment. Take good care of yourself. Have a wonderful holiday season and a healthy new year.

chrisy 12-14-2011 09:01 PM

Karen that is awesome! Pertuzumab was the big news at sabcs, I bet this will be a great combo for you. Keep us posted!

KaiM 12-14-2011 09:06 PM

Karen, so excited for you! TDM1 and pertuzumab sound so promising and together even better. I hope you have great, long success with this combo! You are a trail blazer for us all!

caya 12-14-2011 09:08 PM

Good luck Karen - hope this is the magic bullet for you, sweetie!

all the best
caya

kykeon22 12-15-2011 02:57 AM

Hi Karen,

It seems that you are about to start a very powerful combo, great news. Hopefully those super nukes will destroy the nasty little beasts forever.

Wish you all the best

kykeon

michka 12-15-2011 04:11 AM

Karen! I am so happy you are going to be on that combo which is the most promising because, as you wrote, the data is good. I hope you will see results real fast and that you will feel well on it. I'll keep looking for your next posts. Hugs Michka

NEDenise 12-15-2011 07:00 AM

Karen!
I'm so happy for you! It sounds like your new treatment regimen is the Dream Team of HER2 BC treatment!

I feel like I just got an early Christmas present! I can only imagine how ecstatic you must be!!

You, my friend, are an amazing woman! Staying focused...living life...fighting every way possible...I hope this regimen not only kicks cancer to the curb...
I hope you're able to enjoy watching it happen...
pain-free, and feeling great!
You (and your little sweetheart) are in my prayers every single day!

So, so, sooooo happy for this news!
Denise

schoolteacher 12-15-2011 08:01 AM

Let us know how you are doing.

Amelia

KDR 12-15-2011 08:03 AM

When my onco called last night at 6PM, I could hear her voice dancing as she delivered the news! Thank you all for your well wishes...start tomorrow...here I go...

It is presumed that Pertuzumab will be FDA approved within six months or so, so all will have access. In my heart, I feel like I can do it with this. Taxol and I work well together, although not best friends. It killed off other tumors which never came back. Hope this one blasts the liver mets. They can have a little party today, because tomorrow...

Love
Karen
Who Believes In The Cure

Ceesun 12-15-2011 09:28 AM

Karen, Sounds like a really good combo and I certainly am another who wishes you every success. "P" in 6 months??? Wow!

KDR 12-15-2011 09:30 AM

Yes, "P" in six months. I really believe that we are going to get this...everyone has to hang in there.

Karen

Adriana Mangus 12-15-2011 11:12 AM

Hi Chrisy,

How did you do on your first treatment?

Happy to hear you were accepted to participate in this trial.

Love,

Adriana

Lori R 12-15-2011 03:26 PM

Karen,
Wow, I am so excited for you. That sounds like quite the combination to get after that bad boy that likes to hang out in your liver. He is in for a big surprise.

You should be pleased by the support of your Drs. as they seem to out to win this race!! Good for you.

I will be cheering for you as I've got some partiers in my liver that just won't leave. So, please keep us posted.

Lori

dawny 12-15-2011 06:21 PM

Karen

That's fantastic, wishing you the best of luck, and keep us updated please!

Dawn

Redwolf8812 12-16-2011 01:48 PM

Just wanted to wish you the best, Karen! Keep us posted.

P.S. My oncologist at UPenn told me the same thing about Pertuzumab - FDA approval is expected in @ 6 to 8 months.

Mtngrl 12-16-2011 03:17 PM

Karen--

I'm very happy for you. It does sound like a great combo for you. I hope it is as awesome for you as everyone says.

And I'm excited about Pertuzumab coming online.

KDR 12-19-2011 02:52 PM

First infusion day was long (Friday), but so far nothing too serious or remarkable to report, except that I felt a difference after one infusion. Since having liver mets, I've had a nagging ache in the general area. It was gone this weekend.

Recovering from port installation. Nice surgical incision but I have a larger bump than expected. However, after 50 vein infusions, I'm glad I finally got the device.

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes. I promise to keep you posted. I have bloods done two days before each treatment, which is weekly while on Taxol; when Taxol is dropped, I will receive treatment every three weeks.

Karen
Who Believes In The Cure

chrisy 12-19-2011 06:52 PM

Sounds like you're off to a great start. This combo is SO exciting!

radiant 12-19-2011 07:14 PM

Fantastic news Karen! You must be elated w/the reduction in pains from the liver already!

Thanks for letting us know the latest.

Hugs,
Kim