HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not the end of the world (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63096)

yanyan 05-01-2015 09:27 AM

Not the end of the world

I have been feeling low since last week but I try to tell myself this is not the end of the world, so move on, move on !

Not a break ever since I had the huge surgery last August. Since then I have had several surgeries to clear margins and 2 rounds of radiation as seen in my signature. I try to live a normal life and going to intense treatment has been such a routine for me that I consider not going to treatment abnormal. Anyways I planned a vacation to Alaska that's coming in 2 weeks and a cruise to Alaska is on my bucket list. This was planned whist I was getting radiation in February and one week off treatment seems ok. I also planned a 3 week trip to visit my family in China with my 8 yr old daughter who hasn't seen my family for almost 5 years after I got sick. She wants to see the baby pandas there. Tickets were bought but I was smart enough to add a travel insurance just in case. I still want to go, I do even its gonna be awfully hot and humid there in July.

Anyways as I'm almost healed from the 2nd round of radiation which ended last Wednesday, I noticed 3 new red rashes just right outside radiation port. My guts tell me they look suspicious. So I made an appointment to see my surgeon next Monday, my radiologist next Tuesday. I'm also getting a ct scan and brain MRI today. Tumor markers have all been within normal range so I'm hoping please do not give me more than I can handle.

Not sure what the plan will be. We will have a better idea once all the test results come out. I'm just so worn from non stop skin mets. I have heard they just keep popping up. They are definitely stubborn.

linzer 05-01-2015 10:27 AM

Re: Not the end of the world

I'm so sorry. I can hear the fatigue in your words. It's so difficult to rally or imagine having fun when you're just trying to put one foot in front of the other. That said, you have two great opportunities to forget (if only for a while) all that is "wrong" in your life right now. Perhaps, if you can muster the strength, it could be really good for you to take the cruise and see family and friends again. Sometimes these experiences can be even more healing than any medicine can be. You know yourself best. Decide what you think will be best for you and do it. Hugs. I hope that you get some relief soon. Linda

thinkpositive 05-01-2015 02:57 PM

I'm so sorry that you have been going through so much. I'd be worn down too! You have been through a lot since your diagnosis. Let's hope for good news on your CT and brain MRI. I wouldn't give up on the idea of taking your planned trips just yet!

Pamelamary 05-02-2015 01:49 AM

Thinking of you - it's a skewed world we live in where not having treatment is abnormal! Go for the Alaska trip. It is important to truly seize the day..... I hope your scans and doctors' visits are OK, so keep us posted.
Cyber hugs..... Pam

michka 05-02-2015 02:21 AM

YanYan I hope your scan and your brain MRI are good. I can imagine how tired you are of the stupid skin mets. It is a very good plan to "escape" to Alaska. It is important to have a break with your family.

KDR 05-02-2015 05:44 PM

YanYan,
Take the trips. It'll do you good. Try not to worry until you really have something to worry about. It's nothing until it's something, right?
I am totally confident that you will be alright,
China sounds good to me, hugs
Karen

yanyan 05-04-2015 02:32 PM

Thanks everyone for your support and kindness! I did get my whole body ct and brain MRI results and thankfully they are both normal. It's funny how I felt so mad and disappointed about my skin recurrence but now I'm just very thankful that elsewhere is NED. That means I'm going to Alaska!! So the plan is to the 3 lesions biopsed and go from there.

Carol Ann 05-04-2015 04:34 PM

YAY about your news, Yanyan! I know I am late for this post but I wanted to chime in anyhow ... so glad you are going to Alaska, have a fantastic time and a nice relaxing time with your family. :)

Carol Ann

yanyan 05-04-2015 04:59 PM

Thanks Carol! My surgeon and I are both sure those lesions are skin mets . He is doing biopsy tomorrow to warrant radiation. So looks like I'm gonna start another round after my Alaska trip.

thinkpositive 05-05-2015 09:51 AM

So glad the results of your MRI and CT scans were good. Enjoy your Alaska trip!

IrvineFriend 05-05-2015 09:54 PM

Have a great trip! Just relax and enjoy the scenery!!!!!

Mtngrl 05-09-2015 08:06 PM

YanYan,

I agree. Take a break. As your post says, it's not the end of the world. There's more to life than cancer treatment.

I'm glad your brain and body are clear. I'd be pretty frustrated with the skin mets too. What a pain! Go to Alaska and China. Be with family. Soak up some beauty and adventure.

I can't wait to hear about your trips.